Michael Ealy is an American actor. He is known for his roles in Barbershop, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Takers, Think Like a Man, About Last Night, Think Like a Man Too, The Perfect Guy and The Intruder. Ealy starred as Dorian the android in the Fox TV science fiction police drama series Almost Human. In 2006, he received a Golden Globe nomination in the category Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV for his role in Sleeper Cell: American Terror.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Michael Ealy was born on the 3rd of August 1973, in Washington, D.C., United States.
He’s currently 46 years old.
Ealy graduated from Springbrook High School and attended the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland.
- Father – Worked in the grocery business.
- Mother – Worked for IBM employer.
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Ealy has dated –
- Halle Berry (2004-2005) – The actors Halle Berry and Michael dated each other from July 2004 to October 2005.
- Khatira Rafiqzada (2008-Present) – In 2008, Michael started dating Khatira Rafiqzada who has appeared in Chain Letter (2010). They got married in October 2012 after dating for 4 years in Los Angeles. They have a son together named, Elijah Brown (b. February 2014) and a daughter.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 76 kg
- In Pounds – 168 lbs
- Measurements – 43-15½-32
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15½ in or 39 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
His shoe size is 10 (US).
Michael is known for his roles in Barbershop (2002), 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003), Takers (2010), Think Like a Man (2012), About Last Night (2014), Think Like a Man Too (2014), The Perfect Guy (2015) and The Intruder (2019).
In 2001, Michael played the role as Greg in independent romantic comedy film Kissing Jessica Stein.
In 2000, Michael appeared in an unsold television pilot Metropolis where he played the role as Calvin McDade.
Michael has been seen in a couple of national commercials including Cure Pancreatic Cancer and Burger King.
Awards & Nominations
|2007||Sleeper Cell||Golden Globe Awards||Performance by an Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television||Nominated|
|2005||Their Eyes Were Watching God||Black Reel Awards||Best Actor||Won|
|2010||For Colored Girls||African-American Film Critics Association||Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|2011||For Colored Girls||NAACP Image Awards||Image Award Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture||Nominated|
|2012||Think Like a Man||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actor Romance||Nominated|
Michael Ealy Favorites
- Favorite Movie – Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
- Favorite Novel – Native Son by Richard Wright
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Italy
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Pizza
Michael Ealy Net worth
Michael Ealy has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Michael Ealy
- Instagram – themichaelealy
- Twitter – Michael Ealy
Some Lesser Known Facts About Michael Ealy
- Michael used to tutor high school students in reading and writing when he was still studying in college.
- Michael is a big lover of ping pong (also known as Table Tennis) that he has a paddle named, Ram Jam.
- In 1990, Ealy started his career by appearing in a number of off-Broadway stage productions.
- In 2002, He was offered to play the role of a reformed street thug Ricky Nash in the American comedy film Barbershop.
- In 2003, Ealy played the role of Slap Jack in the second installment of the Fast and the Furious film series, 2 Fast 2 Furious.
- In 2004, he reprised the role of Nash in the sequel, Barbershop 2: Back in Business.
- In 2005, he appeared in Maria Carey’s hit single video Get Your Number from the album The Emancipation of Mimi. Ealy played Carey’s love interest in the song.
- In December 14, 2006, Ealy was nominated for a Golden Globe Award in the category Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television for his role in Sleeper Cell: American Terror.
- In December 2008, he was featured in the American drama film Seven Pounds, alongside Will Smith.
- In 2009, Ealy appeared in an American documentary feature film named The People Speak. The film focussed on issues such as equality and justice in the US.
- In 2010, he starred in the action thriller Takers and in the drama For Colored Girls.
- In 2012, Ealy appeared as ‘Dominic’ in the ensemble romantic comedy titled Think Like a Man.
- In 2013, he played the co-lead, Dorian, in the Fox futuristic TV series Almost Human. Ealy’s character, Dorian, was an old DRN android model considered to be less reliable due to its artificial emotions and responsible for protecting his partner, John Kennex, played by Karl Urban.
- In 2014, Ealy again appeared as Dominic in the sequel, Think Like a Man Too.
- In 2015, he played the role of a serial killer named Theo in season 3 of the Fox TV series The Following.
- In 2017, Ealy starred in the fourth season of the American drama TV series Being Mary Jane, opposite Gabrielle Union.