Morris Chestnut is an American actor. He first came to attention for his role in the 1991 film Boyz n the Hood. He has appeared in feature films and on television series, including the starring role of FBI Agent Will Keaton in the NBC TV series The Enemy Within. He has recently published his first book, which is dedicated to fitness and nutrition and he was named one of the Sexiest Men Alive by People magazine in 2015.
Morris Chester Chestnut Jr.
Actor, Director, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Morris Chestnut was born on the 1st of January 1969, in Cerritos, California, United States.
He’s currently 50 years old.
Morris attended Richard Gahr High School in Cerritos, California and graduated in 1986. Morris later majored in finance and drama from California State University in Northridge.
- Father – Morris Lamont Chestnut Sr.
- Mother – Shirley Chestnut
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Morris Chestnut has dated –
- Pam Byse Chestnut (1995-Present) – In 1995, Morris married Pam Byse. Morris has often kept his marriage life away from the spotlight and has refrained from sharing his family pictures on social media. The couple is blessed with 2 children, a son named Grant Chestnut (born 1997) and a daughter named Paige Chestnut (born 1998).
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Morris first came to attention for his role in the 1991 film Boyz n the Hood. He has appeared in feature films and on television series, including the starring role of FBI Agent Will Keaton in the NBC TV series The Enemy Within and he was named one of the Sexiest Men Alive by People magazine in 2015.
In 1991, he made his theatrical film debut in the crime drama film, Boyz n the Hood, as Ricky Baker.
In 1990, Morris began his acting career with the brief role of Jason Woodman in an episode of the horror anthology Freddy’s Nightmares – A Nightmare on Elm Street, as Jason Woodman. In 2013, he debuted as a voice actor by lending his voice to the character of Craig in the animated comedy series, American Dad!
Morris Chestnut has endorsed brands like Burberry & Topman.
Morris Chestnut Favorites
- Favorite TV Show – Breaking Bad (2008-2013)
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Italy
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Pizza
Morris Chestnut Net worth
Morris Chestnut has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Morris Chestnut
- In 1998, he won the annual Madden Bowl video game competition.
- In 1999, Chestnut starred in The Best Man with Taye Diggs and Nia Long, as a professional football player on the eve of his wedding.
- Morris received his first award nomination for his remarkable performance in the 1999 romantic comedy/drama The Best Man.
- In 2001, he starred in The Brothers, a film centering on the themes of fidelity and success among young professionals.
- In 2004, he appeared as a firefighter in Ladder 49.
- In 2005, he competed against six professional pokers in a TV tournament.
- Morris is credited for theater productions such as Theatre Love in the Nick of Tyme (2007), What My Husband Doesn’t Know (2011) and The Nutcracker (2013).
- In 2014, Morris joined the cast of the TNT crime-drama series Legends. Based on the book Legends: A Novel of Dissimulation by Robert Littell, the film featured Morris as a leading character, FBI agent Tony Rice.
- In 2015, Morris Chestnut played a role in the movie Heist as a character named Derrick Dog Prince.
- In 2015, he was included in the list of Sexiest Men Alive by People magazine.
- In 2017, Morris published his first book, The Cut: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 10 Days and Sculpt Your Best Body.
- In 2019, Morris appeared as FBI agent Will Keaton, a lead character, in the NBC drama The Enemy Within.