Goldie Hawn is an American actress, producer and singer. She rose to fame on the NBC sketch comedy program Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In, before going on to receive the Academy Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Cactus Flower.
Goldie Jeanne Hawn
Actress, Producer, Director, Singer
She has released her music through Reprise Records and Columbia Records.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Goldie Hawn was born on November 21, 1945, in Washington, D.C., United States.
She is currently 73 years old.
On her father’s side, she has German and English ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she has Hungarian and Jewish ancestry.
Growing up in Takoma Park, Maryland, she was raised Jewish. she also practices Buddhism.
Goldie Hawn went to the Montgomery Blair High School. The acting stalwarts such as Ben Stein and Sylvester Stallone were her classmates. After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at the American University. She had aimed to major in drama but dropped out of the university before graduation.
- Father – Edward Rutledge Hawn (Played in Washington based music band)
- Mother – Laura Hawn (Owned a dance school and jewelry shop)
- Siblings – Edward Hawn (Older Brother) (Passed away in his childhood), Patti Hawn (Sister) (Publicist)
- Others – Otto Delphia Hawn (Paternal Grandfather), Claire Estelle Johnson (Paternal Grandmother), Michael B. Steinhoff (Maternal Grandfather), Frances Weiss (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Goldie Hawn has dated –
- Richard Harfield – Goldie Hawn reportedly dated a man named Richard Harfield in the past.
- Spiro Venduras (1964-1965) – Hawn started going out with Spiro Venduras in 1964. They dated for about a year before ending their relationship in 1965.
- Mark Goddard (1965) – Goldie had a short-lived affair with actor Mark Goddard in 1965.
- Gus Trikonis (1966-1976) – Goldie started going out with dancer and occasional actor Gus Trikonis in 1966. They eventually got married in May 1969 in a low-key ceremony held in Honolulu. In April 1973, they decided to end their relationship. However, she didn’t apply for a divorce until New Year’s Eve 1975. The divorce was finalized in June 1976.
- Warren Beatty (1971) – According to reports, Hawn had an affair with actor Warren Beatty in the early months of 1971. They had reportedly grown close while shooting for the movie, $. In May 2017, during her appearance on Watch What Happens, she confirmed that she had gone out with Warren Beatty in the past.
- Ted Grossman (1973) – Goldie started going out with actor and stuntman Ted Grossman in 1973. They had grown close during the shooting of the crime drama movie, The Sugarland Express.
- Bruno Wintzell (1973-1975) – In 1973, Hawn started going out with Swedish opera singer and actor Bruno Wintzell. They had become affectionate of each other on the sets of the movie, The Girl from Petrovka. They dated for about 2 years before ending their relationship in 1975.
- Franco Nero (1975) – Hawn was rumored to be dating Italian actor Franco Nero for a few months in 1975.
- Bill Hudson (1975-1980) – Goldie Hawn had first met singer and musician Bill Hudson in the summer of 1974 on a flight from New York City to Los Angeles. It was reported that their engagement had prompted her to file for divorce from Gus Trikonis. A month after her divorce from Trikonis, she got married to Hudson in July 1976. In September 1976, she gave birth to a son, Oliver Hudson, who works as an actor. In April 1979, she gave birth to a daughter, Kate Hudson. Kate is also an actress. In August 1980, he filed for divorce. The divorce was eventually finalized in March 1982.
- Yves Renier (1980-1982) – Goldie’s relationship with French actor Yves Renier was scandalous from the very start. First of all, their affair started when she was married to Hudson. It also led to Hudson filing for divorce. Soon after the start of their affair, she left her home and children behind. Oliver was 3 years old and Kate was mere 4 months old. However, her scandalous affair with Renier didn’t last long as they headed in separate directions in 1982.
- Victor Drai (1981) – Towards the end of 1981, the leading American tabloids were linking Goldie with entrepreneur and film producer Victor Drai.
- Kurt Russell (1983-Present) – Goldie Hawn first met Kurt Russell while working on the movie, The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band, which was released in 1968. They officially started dating in the early months of 1983. In July 1986, she gave birth to their son, Wyatt. She also became a stepmother to his son, Boston. Despite being together for more than 3 decades, they have refused to get married.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34A
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Having acted in several commercial hit movies of the 70s and 80s such as There’s a Girl in My Soup, Butterflies Are Free and The Sugarland Express. Having worked on the popular sketch comedy TV show, Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In. Her performance in the show helped her win an Academy Award.
In 1972, she released her debut studio album, Goldie, which didn’t achieve any noteworthy success.
In 1968, she made her theatrical film debut in the music drama movie, The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band, which was produced by Walt Disney.
In 1967, Goldie Hawn made her first TV show appearance on the CBS sitcom, Good Morning, World as Sandy Kramer.
In 2007, Goldie Hawn was featured in a TV commercial for Kappahl, a Swedish women’s clothing store company.
Awards & Nominations
|1969||Cactus Flower||Academy Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|Golden Globe Awards||Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture||Won|
|1970||Cactus Flower / There’s a Girl in My Soup||BAFTA Awards||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Nominated|
|1972||Butterflies Are Free||Golden Globe Awards||Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy||Nominated|
|1975||Shampoo||Golden Globe Awards||Nominated|
|1976||The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox||Golden Globe Awards||Nominated|
|1978||Foul Play||Golden Globe Awards||Nominated|
|1980||Private Benjamin||Academy Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Golden Globe Awards||Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy||Nominated|
|National Society of Film Critics||Best Actress||Nominated|
|New York Film Critics||Best Actress||Nominated|
|1982||Best Friends||Golden Globe Awards||Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy||Nominated|
|1996||The First Wives Club||National Board of Review||Best Cast||Won|
|Everyone Says I Love You||Satellite Awards||Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture||Nominated|
|2002||The Banger Sisters||Golden Globe Awards||Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy||Nominated|
|2017||— (all film contributions)||Hollywood Walk of Fame||Motion Pictures||Inducted|
Goldie Hawn Favorites
- Favorite Perfume – Chance Eau Tendre – Perfume by Chanel
- Favorite Skirts & Dresses – Midi Dress by Emilio Pucci
- Favorite Color – Navy Blue
- Favorite Eye Make-up – LIGNE GRAPHIQUE – Eye Liner by Chanel
Goldie Hawn Net worth
Goldie Hawn has accumulated a net worth of $100 million dollars as of 2019. Her career from a gogo dancer to one of the finest actresses in the industry is seemingly impressive. She is not active in acting films bur producers and directs films. It’s an indisputable fact that she is one of the most popular and gorgeous actresses of all time and even at 72, she’s in great shape.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Goldie Hawn
- At the age of 3, she started taking tap dance and ballet lessons. By the age of 11, she was selected as corps de ballet of the production of Nutcracker in 1995. She was paid $1.50 for her performance.
- In 1995, the Empire magazine included her on the 71st spot in the list featuring 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History.
- She was director Richard Donner’s first choice for the role of Eve Teschmacher in 1978 action movie, Superman. However, she demanded $2 million for the role, which the studio executives felt was too steep.
- She has taken ballet classes since she was three and before getting fame as an actress, she taught ballet in her hometown of Washington, D.C.
- In 1969, she starred in Cactus Flower alongside Walter Matthau and won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- In 1985, she posed for the cover of Playboy magazine’s January issue.
- In 1999, she was awarded Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year.
- She was invited by her alma mater American University to deliver the commencement speech at the graduation ceremony of the Class of 2002.
- In 2003, she established the Hawn Foundation, which is a non-profit organization that runs various youth education programs aimed to improve academic performance.
- Hawn is a supporter of the LGBT community.
- In 2017, Hawn returned to the big screen for the first time since 2002, co-starring with Amy Schumer in the comedy Snatched, playing mother and daughter.