Daniela Ruah is a Portuguese-American actress best known for playing NCIS Special Agent Kensi Blye in the CBS police procedural series NCIS: Los Angeles. Ruah started acting in Portuguese soap operas when she was a teen. Her first acting role came at 16, when she played Sara on the soap opera Jardins Proibidos.
Daniela Sofia Korn Ruah
Birthday / Date of Birth
Daniela was born on December 2, 1983, in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
She is currently 35 years old.
On her father’s side, she is of Portuguese-Jewish descent whereas her mother has Russian, Portuguese, Ukrainian-Jewish ancestry.
Daniela Ruah went to the Saint Julian’s School in the Greater Lisbon locality. She then enrolled herself at the London Metropolitan University to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in performing arts. In 2007, she started studying at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
- Father – Moisés Carlos Bentes Ruah (Surgeon)
- Mother – Katharina Lia Azancot Korn (Otologist)
- Siblings – Mark Alexander Sechter Ruah (Step Brother)
- Relatives – Tany Sechter Ruah (Step Mother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Daniela Ruah has dated –
- António Pedro Cerdeira (2007-2008) – Daniela started going out with actor António Pedro Cerdeira after working together in the Portuguese TV show, Tu e Eu. Their relationship ended after ten months as they couldn’t make their long distance relationship work after Daniela had moved to New York City to study at Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
- Robert Kazinsky (2010-2011) – Daniela started dating English actor Robert Kazinsky in 2010 after having grown closer while working in George Lucas movie Red Tails. They went out for more than a year before going their separate ways.
- David Paul Olsen (2011-Present) – Daniela met David Olsen, who is a stunt double and older brother of her NCIS: Los Angeles co-star Eric Christian Olsen in 2011. After suffering a miscarriage, Daniela gave birth to a son, River Isaac Ruah Olsen in December 2013. They decided to make their relationship formal by getting married in June 2014 in an interfaith wedding ceremony in Cascais. David and Daniela welcomed their second child a girl, Sierra Esther Ruah Olsen in September 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds -127 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
One of her eyes is Black and the other is Brown.
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Starring as a Special Agent Kensi Blye in the CBS series, NCIS: Los Angeles.
Daniela first appearance in film came in 2006 where she played Margarida in a Portuguese short film Canaviais. Her feature film debut happened with the 2012 film, Red Tails for her role as sofia.
In 2000, Ruah made her TV debut in Portuguese soap opera Jardins Proibidos.
Daniela has done several TV adverts for the haircare giant, Pantene, and has also starred in the promotional campaign for Portuguese water company, Agua Das Pedras.
Daniela Ruah Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Daniela Ruah Net worth
Daniela Ruah has an estimated net wort of $8 million dollars as of 2019. She owes money from different sources such as films, endorsements, stocks, property investment and many others.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Daniela Ruah
- She lived in US until the age of five before her parents moved back to Portugal.
- Daniela started her acting career at the age of 16.
- In 2005, she became the first winner of the RTP’s dance reality show, We Dance, which is the Portuguese version of “Dancing with the Stars” show.
- Daniela was placed in the list of “Sexiest Women Alive” by the Esquire Magazine in 2011.
- In 2011, she portrayed the character in a crossover guest appearance on the series Hawaii Five-0.
- In 2013, Ruah appeared in David Auburn’s dramatic play Proof at Los Angeles’ Hayworth Theatre.
- In 2017, She was included in People With Money’s list of Top 10 highest paid actresses.
- In January 8, 2018, it was confirmed that Ruah would co-host the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal alongside Catarina Furtado, Sílvia Alberto and Filomena Cautela.