Tara Strong is a Canadian–American actress who has done voice work for numerous animations and video games and performed in various live action productions. Many of her major voice roles include animated series such as Rugrats, The Powerpuff Girls, The Fairly OddParents, Drawn Together, Ben 10, Chowder, Teen Titans and its spin off Teen Titans Go!, DC Super Hero Girls and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic as well as video games such as Mortal Kombat X, Final Fantasy X and X-2 and the Batman: Arkham series. Her portrayals have garnered nominations in the Annie Awards and Daytime Emmys and an award from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences.
Tara Lyn Charendoff
Voice Artist, Entrepreneur
Birthday / Date of Birth
Tara Strong was born on February 12, 1973, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
She is currently 46 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She has Russian Jewish ancestry.
Tara Strong went to the Forest Hill Collegiate Institute for her high school education and graduated in 1991. She then got enrolled at The Second City in Toronto for Improv classes.
- Father – Syd Charendoff (Pharmacist and also ran candy and novelty store)
- Mother – Lucy Charendoff (Assisted her husband in running their candy and novelty store)
- Siblings – Marla Charendoff (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tara Strong has dated –
- Craig Strong (2000-Present) – Tara got married to actor and voice actor Craig Strong in 2000. She had first met Craig in 1999. In February 2002, she gave birth to their first son, Sammy James Strong. In August 2004, they welcomed their second son, Aden Joshua Strong, into their family.
- In feet – 5 feet 2.5 inches
- In centimeters – 159 cm
- In meters – 1.59 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 36-25-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32DD
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She met with critical acclaim for her voice role as Bubbles in the American superhero animated television series The Powerpuff Girls from 1998 to 2005. For her work, she received Annie Award nomination for Outstanding Individual Achievement for Voice Acting in an Animated Television Production at the 27th Annie Awards.
In 1989, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama movie, The Long Road Home.
In 1986, Tara Strong made her TV show debut in The Miller’s Son episode of the drama TV series, The Campbells.
Tara Strong has endorsed a number of brands such as Amoco Gasoline, Payless ShoeSource, Ford, Honda and Goldfish (Snack foods).
Tara Strong Favorites
- Favorite Alcoholic Beverage – Blueberry mojitos, Vodka cranberry
- Favorite My Little Pony Episode – Lessons Zero
- Favorite Animal – Dogs
Tara Strong Net worth
Tara Strong has a estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband and children.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tara Strong
- Tara became interested in acting at the age of four. She started volunteering as a soloist in the school productions of various plays.
- She has 2 pet dogs, a Bernese Mountain Dog named Baci and a little white mutt named Latka.
- In 2001, she and her husband launched VoiceStarz, Inc., an Internet-based company, which helps people to get into the voiceover industry.
- In 2004, she won an Interactive Achievement Award for her role as Rikku in Final Fantasy X-2.
- Tara and her husband developed and patented a line of baby bottles with caps that lets user note the calendar date for breast milk storage.
- In 2012, during the BronyCon event in New Jersey, she attended a lunch with fans from the military.
- In 2013, Strong won the Shorty Award for “Best #Actress” for her use of social media. The Behind the Voice Actors website selected her for a BTVA Voice Acting Award for Voice Actress of the Year for 2013 and nominated her for the 2011 and 2012 years.