Gippy Grewal is an Indian actor, singer, film director and producer whose works span over Punjabi and Hindi film industry. He came into the spotlight with his album Phulkari and is well known for belting hits like Oscar, Angreji Beat and Hello Hello. Gippy revived PTC Best Actor Award in for his performance in the film Jihne Mera Dil Luteya.
Rupinder Singh Grewal
Actor, Singer, Producer
Panjabi, Bhangra, Romantic, Pop, Sikh
Humble Music, Speed Records, T-Series, Moviebox Records, Tips, Saga Music, Panj-aab Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gippy Grewal was born on the 2nd of January 1983, in Koom Kalan, Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
He’s currently 37 years old.
Gippy did his schooling from Nankana Sahib Public School, Kot Gangu Rai and studied at North India Institute of Hotel Management, Panchkula.
- Father – Late-Santokh Singh
- Mother – Kulwant Kaur
- Siblings – Sippy Grewal (Film Producer) (Elder Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gippy Grewal has dated –
- Ravneet Kaur Grewal – Gippy is married to Ravneet Kaur and has three sons, Ekomkar Grewal, Gurfateh Grewal (Shinda) and Gurbaaz Grewal.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.80 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
- Measurements – 40–13–34
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Gippy well known for his single Phulkari broke many records in the Punjabi music industry. In 2011, he revived PTC Best Actor Award for his performance in the film Jihne Mera Dil Luteya.
In 2002, Gippy started his singing career with his album Chakk Ley Ft.Jagdev Maan.
In 2010, Gippy made his first film debut in a supporting role in Punjabi-language film, Mel Karade Rabba directed by Navaniat Singh.
In 2013, Gippy played the role as guest in the Punjabi musical reality television show Voice of Punjab (VOP) which is telecast on PTC Punjabi.
Gippy Grewal was the brand ambassador of the Live India Trading a chit fund company. In 2014, Lucky an investor of the company filed a case against the company & Gippy Grewal of duping him of ₹5 lakh.
In 2015, Gippy Grewal landed into controversy for the music video of his song Zaalam in which he played the militant who aspired to become a soldier but could not do so due to police atrocities. A few Congress leaders even demanded registration of a police case against him for allegedly glorifying militancy.
Gippy Grewal Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Aamir Khan
- Favorite Actress – Mahi Gill
- Favorite Film – Bazigar
- Favorite Singer – Kuldeep Manak, Gurdas Maan, Chamkila
- Favorite Shooting Locations – Punjab, Canada
- Favorite Color – Red, Black
- Favorite Food – Yellow Dal, Bhindi
Gippy Grewal Net worth
Gippy Grewal has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gippy Grewal
- Gippy worked at a hotel in Delhi before becoming a professional singer.
- Gippy borrowed money from his relatives and friends to release his first music album.
- He has sung a number of hit Punjabi songs like Angreji Beat, Hello Hello, Oscar, Desi Gana and Bad Baby.
- He is an avid dog lover.
- In 2013, Gippy made her acting with the romantic comedy film, Singh vs Kaur starring Gippy Grewal, Surveen Chawla, Japji Khaira & Binnu Dhillon in lead roles.
- In 2014, he appeared in the dramatic thriller film, Jatt James Bond directed by Rohit Jugraj.
- In 2015, Grewal entered Bollywood with a guest appearance in the comedy-drama film, Dharam Sankat Mein.
- In September 2017, Gippy starred in his most recent Hindi movie, Lucknow Central, along with Farhan Akhtar.
- In 2019, Gippy played the role as Rajveer in the romantic comedy film, Chandigarh Amritsar Chandigarh directed by Karaan Guliani.