Gabriel Jesus is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Premier League club Manchester City and the Brazil national team. Jesus began his career at Palmeiras. He was voted the best newcomer of the 2015 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, a year in which he also helped his team win the Copa do Brasil. The following year he was named the player of the season as Palmeiras won their first national league title in 22 years. He joined Manchester City in January 2017 for a transfer fee of €32 million and won the Premier League and EFL Cup in 2018.
Gabriel Fernando de Jesus
Professional Soccer Player
- 33 – Manchester City, Palmeiras
- 12 – Palmeiras
- 9 – Brazil National Team
Pep Guardiola, Tite
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gabriel Jesus was born on April 03, 1997 in São Paulo, Brazil.
He is currently 22 years old.
Gabriel Jesus started his soccer journey at Associação Atlética Anhanguera. He later joined the youth setup of Palmeiras.
- Father – Diniz de Jesus
- Mother – Vera Lúcia Diniz de Jesus
- Siblings – Filipe Jesus, Caique Jesus, Emanuele
Gabriel Jesus is represented by Cristiano Simoes.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gabriel Jesus dated –
Gabriel Jesus’s mother and his representatives refrain from giving any information about his personal life to the media, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating status.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
- Chest – 34 Inches
- Waist – 30 Inches
- Biceps – 13 Inches
Being the first choice striker of the Brazilian national team at the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Being one of the finest and most skilled strikers in the English Top Flight. His electric performances for Manchester City has caught the attention of many.
Soccer Match Debut
- In March 2015, he made his first competitive start with Palmeiras in Campeonato Paulista match against CA Bragantino. He came in as a 73rd-minute substitute in his side’s 1-0 victory.
- In September 2016, he made his first appearance for the Brazil National Team against Ecuador in a 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification game. He scored two goals in his debut match.
- In January 2017, he made his professional debut for Manchester City in his side’s Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspurs at City of Manchester Stadium. He came in as Raheem Sterling‘s substitute.
In March 2015, Gabriel Jesus made his first TV show appearance in the sports TV series, Mesa Redonda.
Gabriel Jesus has inked a personal endorsement deal with Adidas. He wears only their footwear in his club as well as international matches. He has also appeared in the TV commercials for the brand. Also he has appeared in the TV adverts for the following brands, Samsung, Gatorade & Vivo.
- Very short trimmed hair
- Goatee Beard
- Often wears black gloves in the winter season matches
Cars Collection – Mercedes Benz, Audi, Porsche
Gabriel Jesus Favorite
- Favorite Music – Samba, Funky, Rap
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford
- Favorite Superhero – Green Lantern
- Favorite Colors – Black, White
- Favorite Song – Thiaguinho
- Favorite Film – City of God
- Favorite Footballer – Ronaldo
- Favorite Sports – Football, Basketball
- Favorite Animal – Lion
- Favorite Cartoon – Super-Shock
- Favorite Food – Mojo
Gabriel Jesus Net worth
Gabriel Jesus’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $8 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gabriel Jesus
- In 2015, he won the “Best Newcomer” award in Brazil.
- In July 2015, he scored his first professional goal in a Palmeiras’s Campeonato Brasileiro Série A match against Agremiação Sportiva Arapiraquense. It was the only goal scored over two legs of the tie.
- In February 2017, he scored his first professional goal for Manchester City in their premier league match against West Ham United, which his side won by 4-0. It was also incidentally his first premier league start.
- By scoring a goal as well as recording an assist (Kevin De Bruyne‘s goal) in his first premier league start, he became the first Manchester City player to achieve the feat.
- He signed his first youth contract with the Brazilian club, Palmeiras in July 2013. That year, he had managed to score 54 goals in 48 matches for the youth team.
- About 6 months later in January 2014, he inked his first professional contract with the Brazilian side. It was a three-year contract with an option of additional two years.
- At the end of his debut season with Palmeiras, he was selected as the Best Newcomer in the league.
- In April 2016, he was sent off for the first time as he got in a scuffle with Damián Musto in a Copa Libertadores match between Palmeiras and Rosario Central.
- In 2016, he played a key role in his side’s Campeonato Brasileiro Série A title win. It was his side’s first Brazilian national championship win since 1994.
- In recognition of his stellar performances in his side’s title win, he was declared Bola de Ouro, which is given to the player of the season.
- In August 2016, Palmeiras agreed to sell their young forward to Manchester City in a deal reported to be worth £27 million/€33 million. However, he didn’t join his new club till the end of Brazilian season in January 2017.
- In May 2018, he scored a goal in the stoppage time in the last match of the season against Southampton FC. His goal helped his side win the match and become the first team in the division to cross 100 points in the season.