Giannis Antetokounmpo is a 25 year old Power Forward for the Milwaukee Bucks. He was born in Greece and is currently in his 7th professional season as an NBA basketball forward for the Bucks. In 2019 he won the illustrious Most Valuable Player award and is currently one of the top Offensive Leaders in the league. This follows on from him being voted the NBA’s Most Improved Player in 2017.
Obviously, all his hard work has paid off. Giannis Antetokounmpo is the Bucks’ top scorer this season and he’ll be wanting to add to his tally to maintain his team’s odds in their upcoming games. The Milwaukee Bucks have strode to pole position in the league and Central Division with Giannis Antetokounmpo’s help. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the son of African parents who emigrated to Greece. He only recently however, received Greek citizenship – just before he went to the NBA drafts. The nearly seven-foot tall Greek-Nigerian went from rags in Greece to riches in the US and is now one of the NBA’s most famous players.
Giannis Adetokunbo (His Surname became Antetokounmpo on his Greek Passport)
The Greek Freak
Professional Basketball Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Giannis Adetokunbo was born on 6th of December 1994 in Athens, Greece.
He’s currently 25 years old.
Giannis studied at Dominican High School in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin where he played junior and senior basketball.
- Father – Charles Adetokunbo
- Mother – Veronica Adetokunbo
- Siblings – Francis, Thanasis, Kostas and Alex
In a relationship
Girlfriend / Spouse
Giannis Antetokounmpo has dated –
- Mariah Riddlesprigger – Mariah is a 27-year-old African-America who was born in California. She has two siblings and attended the William Marsh Rice University. She has been successful at college volleyball. In October, Mariah announced that she was expecting their first child.
- In feet – 6 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 210.82 cm
- In meters – 2.11 m
- In Kilograms – 109.77 kg
- In Pounds – 242 lbs
- Measurements – 44-16-33
- Chest – 44 Inches or 111.76 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 Inches or 40.64 cm
- Waist – 33 Inches or 83.82 cm
His shoe size is 14 (US).
After becoming one of Greece’s best basketball players when he was just 16, Giannis Antetokounmpo went on to become one of the top-scorers in the top-seeded Milwaukee Bucks. Brushing shoulders with celebrity NBA players and enjoying outstanding success, he started his first NBA All-Star Game and was presented with the NBA’s Most Improved Player award in the same year – 2017.
NBA Match Debut
The Greek-Nigerian signed an a rookie level contract for Milwaukee Bucks on July 30, 2013. A few months later, on October 13, he made his debut for the Bucks. He was 18 years-old at the time, one of the youngest to start in the NBA professional league. During his rookie season he averaged 6.8 points per game and 4.4 rebounds.
Nike made their move for this near seven-foot player even before he made his debut in the NBA. On a relatively basic contract earning him $25,000 per year at that time, it was revisited in 2017. A year when he won awards, he also signed a new contract with the sportswear giants. In late 2017, it was reported that the superstar was to gain around $9 million that very year from Nike alone. He has also received income from promoting Hulu and Metro by T-Mobile. The list goes on.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Net worth
Giannis Antetokounmpo has an estimated net worth of $45 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Instagram – giannis_an34
- Twitter – Giannis Antetokounmpo
Some Lesser Known Facts About Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Coming from a poor family, he would sell bags, watches and other items to help support his family who lived in Greece.
- He never played for a top-flight team in Europe before he was drafted by the NBA. His previous Greek team was called Filathlitikos, who were in the second division at the time Giannis played for them.
- Still growing as a teenager, he grew a whopping two extra inches in his first year at the Bucks.
- Not the only basketball player in the family, his brother Thanasis plays for the Greek team Panathinaikos.