Camila Mendes is an American actress, known for portraying Veronica Lodge on The CW teen drama television series Riverdale. Mendes appeared on the cover of Men’s Health in December 2017 and Cosmopolitan in February 2018. She made her feature film debut as Morgan in The New Romantic, which premiered at the SXSW Festival in March 2018. In the same month, Mendes joined the cast of The Perfect Date alongside Laura Marano and Matt Walsh.
Camila Carraro Mendes
Birthday / Date of Birth
Camila Mendes was born on the 29th of June 1994, in Charlottesville, Virginia, United States.
She’s currently 25 years old.
Her parents are of Brazilian descent.
Camila attended American Heritage School in Plantation. Later she got enrolled at the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts to hone her acting skills and graduated from the school in 2016 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
- Father – Victor Mendes
- Mother – Gisel Mendes
- Siblings – Kiara Moreno (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Camila Mendes has dated –
- Ian Wallace (2013-2016) – Camila started dating budding director Ian Wallace in September 2013. She opened up about their relationship on the eve of their relationship anniversary in 2016 in an Instagram post, professing her unconditional love for her boyfriend and thanking him for inspiring her. They separated in 2016.
- Victor Houston (2018) – From June to August 2018, she was romantically linked with Victor Houston. It all started with flirty social media posts.
- Charles Melton (2018-2019) – In September 2018, actors Camila and Charles Melton started dating. They made their relationship public in October 2018 when Camila posted a picture of themselves kissing on Instagram. Charles fondly called her Baby Dragon. In early 2019, the couple called it quits owing to their busy work schedule.
- In feet – 5 feet 2½ inches
- In centimeters – 159 cm
- In meters – 1.59 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 35-25-34
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Being cast in the role of Veronica Lodge in The CW drama series, Riverdale, which is an adaptation of the Archie comics.
In March 2018, She made her feature film debut as Morgan in The New Romantic, which premiered at the SXSW Festival.
In 2017, She made her debut television appearance as Veronica Lodge in a new teen drama Riverdale, which is inspired from Archie Comics. The show is currently airing on The CW channel.
Camila’s very first job after her college graduation was to appear in a television advert for the furniture brand, Ikea.
Awards & Nominations
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Scene Stealer||Riverdale||Won|
|2018||MTV Movie & TV Awards||Best Kiss||Riverdale||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Awards||Female TV Star of 2018||Riverdale||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress Drama||Riverdale||Nominated|
|Choice TV Ship||Riverdale||Nominated|
|2019||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Drama TV Actress||Riverdale||Nominated|
Camila Mendes Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Will Smith
- Favorite Role Models – Blair Waldorf (Played by Leighton Meester) and Summer Roberts (Played by Rachel Bilson)
- Favorite TV Shows – Gossip Girls (2007-2012) and The O.C. (2003-2007)
- Favorite Destination – Paris
- Favorite Food – Sea Food
Camila Mendes Net worth
Camila Mendes has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Camila Mendes
- When she was 10 years old, she spent a year in Brazil with her parents.
- Along with English, she can fluently converse in Portuguese.
- She has struggled with bulimia starting from her time in high school.
- When she got the audition for her role in Riverdale, she was literally the last person they were going to see on the last day of the auditions.
- She had to spend the whole winter break over agonizing whether she will get the role or not. For the final leg of the audition for Veronica, she had to give extensive screen tests with four other girls competing for her role.
- Mendes first acting job was a commercial for IKEA.
- In 2016, Mendes was cast as silver-tongued high school sophomore Veronica Lodge in The CW’s teen drama series Riverdale, a subversive take on the Archie Comics.
- In December 2017, Mendes appeared on the cover of Men’s Health.