Charles Melton is an American actor and model. He is known for his roles as Reggie Mantle on The CW television series Riverdale and Daniel Bae in the film The Sun Is Also a Star. He has been featured in the Dolce & Gabbana look book. He also got the opportunity to appear on the cover of Prestige. He made his acting debut with the TV series Glee in 2014. He also appeared in two episodes of American Horror Story.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Charles Melton was born on the 4th of January 1991, in Juneau, Alaska, United States.
He’s currently 29 years old.
He has Korean and Cherokee ancestry.
Charles Melton went to the Manhattan High School in Kansas. After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the Kansas State University. He dropped out of college after two years to pursue acting.
- Father – Phil Melton
- Mother – Sukyong Melton
- Siblings – Tammie Milton (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charles Melton has dated –
- Camila Mendes (2018-2019) – Charles had dated American actress Camila Mendes for some time. The couple started seeing each other in 2018 but parted shortly in early 2019 because of their busy work schedule.
- In feet – 5 feet 11½ inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
His shoe size is 11.5 (US).
Charles is known for his roles as Reggie Mantle on The CW television series Riverdale and Daniel Bae in the film The Sun Is Also a Star (2019).
Melton started his modeling career in 2012, when he walked for VLOV New and Park & Ronen at the New York Fashion Week. He was also featured in the Dolce & Gabbana look book.
In 2019, Melton played the male lead, Daniel Bae, in The Sun Is Also a Star, the film adaptation of the book of the same name by Nicola Yoon.
In 2014, Charles made his first television show appearance in the New New York episode of the musical drama TV series, Glee.
Charles Melton has done modeling and endorsement work for the following brands- Armani, Azalea, Dolce & Gabbana, Hollister Co., Old Navy, Target, Kenneth Cole Mankind Fragrance & Mac Cosmetics.
Charles Melton Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Will Smith
- Favorite Music – Glee
- Favorite Hobby – Watching Food Channels
- Favorite Piece Of Clothing – D&G Jean Jacket and his Pokemon PJs
- Favorite Artist – William Hung from American Idol
- Favorite Place to Visit – Alaska
Charles Melton Net worth
Charles Melton has an estimated net worth of $0.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Charles Melton
- While studying at the university, he played Division I football for 2 years.
- He has been featured on the cover of the Prestige magazine.
- He suffered 3 concussions while playing college football in his sophomore year.
- Charles was discovered by Tom Perkins at the Arts Showcase in Orlando, Florida. Perkins had previously discovered Ashton Kutcher.
- His first-ever modeling gig was the iconic fashion house, Dolce & Gabbana as he was photographed for the 12-page advertisement feature.
- In 2015, he appeared in an episode of the popular series ‘American Horror Story.
- In 2016, he reprised his role in an episode of the same series, titled Be Our Guest.
- In 2018, he played Cage in an American science-fiction social thriller named The Thinning. The film featured Logan Paul in the lead role.
- In June 2018, Melton was involved in a controversy over fat shaming tweets he had written in 2011 and 2012. He publicly apologized after making his account private.