Eileen Gu is an American Olympic gold medalist freestyle skier and model. She has competed for China in halfpipe, slopestyle, and big air. At age 18, Gu became the youngest Olympic champion in freestyle skiing after winning gold medals in big air and halfpipe and a silver medal in slopestyle at the Winter Olympics in Beijing. Eileen is the first freestyle skier to win three medals at a single Winter Olympics.
Eileen Feng Gu
Freestyle Skier, Model
American and Chinese
Birthday / Date of Birth
Eileen Gu was born on the 3th of September 2003, in San Francisco, California, United States.
She’s currently 19 years old.
Mixed (White and Asian)
She is of American descent on her father’s side of the family and of Chinese descent on her mother’s side.
In May 2022, Gu mentioned that she had recently converted to Buddhism.
Eileen attended private K-8 Katherine Delmar Burke School and later San Francisco University High School. Every summer, Gu would fly to Beijing to attend cram school for mathematics. She scored 1580 out of 1600 on her SAT. In 2021, Gu graduated early from high school. In December 2020, Gu earned early admittance to Stanford University, her mother’s alma mater, and will begin her studies in the fall of 2022.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Yan Gu (Chinese immigrant in US, former Peking University speed skater and ski instructor)
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Eileen Gu has dated –
Eileen has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 32-26-34
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Eileen competed in the 2020 Lausanne Winter Youth Olympics and performed exceptionally. She won two gold medals and one silver medal in Big Air, Halfpipe, and Slopestyle respectively. Due to her fabulous performance in the Olympics, Eileen amassed global popularity as an athlete around the world.
In 2021, Eileen participated in the Freestyle Ski and Snowboarding World Championship (FIS) and won two gold medals in “Freeski Slopestyle” and “Freeski Halfpipe”. She became one of the first and youngest freeskiers to win two gold medals at the FIS Freeski World Championship. She also took part in “Freeski Big Air” and won a bronze medal, but unfortunately got injured with a broken hand.
In 2022, Eileen participated in Winter Olympics and became the youngest medalist in freestyle skiing, and won a gold medal in the Big Air category. She also won two medals including a gold in Halfpipe and a silver in Slopestyle. So far in her skiing career, Eileen has 8 gold, 2 silver, and 2 bronze medals in different world championships.
Eileen is a professional model with IMG Models, the agency that represents popular international models, such as Bella Hadid, Kate Moss and Hailey Bieber. She is an established model, both in America as well as China. She has been the face of various major brands such as Louis Vuitton, Victoria’s Secret and Tiffany & Co., luxury Swiss watchmaker IWC, and cosmetics brand Estée Lauder.
She has made her presence in various A-list fashion shows, including Paris Fashion Week, Louis Vuitton’s front row, and Met Gala. She has also modelled for brands like China Mobile, E-commerce giant JD.com, Bank of China etc. She has been featured on the cover of top fashion magazines such as GQ and Elle.
Eileen posted her Olympic look book on Instagram under which a follower commented that she has been getting preferential treatment from the Chinese government as the citizens of China are not allowed to use Instagram (banned in the country).
Eileen was a little too quick in replying that people in China can use VPN (a way to skirt the firewall of the country by hiding the location of the user, which is illegal). The screenshot of these comments took to Weibo (Chinese version of Instagram) and got viral. However, the Chinese government took quick action after which all the posts showed a blank screen instead of the comments.
Eileen has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Tiffany & Co.
Eileen Gu Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Jackie Chan
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts, Emma Watson
- Favorite Singer – Miley Cyrus
- Favorite Sports – Skiing
- Favorite Color – Red & Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Eileen Gu Net worth
Eileen Gu has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2023. She took an endorsement fee of about $1 million which increased to $2.5 million after tax by the end of November 2021. She signed an estimated 20 endorsements in the year and earned approximately $40 million dollars. She owns a red convertible Mustang.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – eileen_gu
Some Lesser Known Facts About Eileen Gu
- Eileen hails from San Francisco, California, USA.
- Skiing was her mother’s dream which is why she put then 9 years old Eileen in ski school in Lake Taho.
- At the age of 17, Eileen has won two gold medals and a silver in the Winter X-Games Aspen in three separate events.
- Eileen is equally good in her studies as well.
- She broke her hand during an event of Freeski Big Air.
- Eileen is a model by profession as she has worked with different global brands and magazines.
- She has also featured in various top magazines of China including GQ and Elle. While featuring on the cover of Vogue Hong Kong.
- Her hobbies are traveling, reading books, skiing, singing, dancing, photography, and mountain climbing.
- She is fond of music and enjoys singing and playing guitar.
- On 25 August 2016, she launched her official Instagram and began sharing modeling, daily life, travel, adventure photos, and videos.
- In 2019, Eileen began her international skiing career.
- In 2019, she has been invited to various A-list fashion shows, including Paris Fashion Week, Louis Vuitton’s front row and Met Gala.
- In 2019, Eileen made her appearance in international skiing and represented the USA in the Freestyle Ski and Snowboarding World Championship.
- In 2021, Gu became the first woman to land a forward double cork 1440 in competition history.
- In January 2022, she took part in the International Ski Federation Freestyle Ski World Cup at Mammoth Mountain in the United States and procured victory in 2 events.
- In February 2022, Eileen created history after she became the first freestyle skier to bag three medals at a single Games at the 2022 Winter Olympics; she bagged two gold and one silver.