Chris Colfer is an American actor, singer and author. He gained international recognition for his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on the television musical Glee. Colfer’s portrayal of Kurt received critical praise for which he has been the recipient of several awards, including Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries or Television Film at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards and three consecutive People’s Choice Awards for Favorite Comedic TV Actor in 2013, 2014 and 2015. In April 2011, Colfer was named one of the Time 100, Time’s list of the 100 most influential people.
Christopher Paul Colfer
Actor, Singer, Author, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Chris Colfer was born on the 27th of May 1990, in Clovis, California, United States.
He’s currently 30 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
He has Irish ancestry.
Chris was homeschooled for some part of 7th and 8th grades due to the cases of bullying. He later attended Clovis East High School in Clovis, California. Chris also attended Fresno City College and Harvard University.
- Father – Tim Colfer
- Mother – Karyn Colfer (née Boling)
- Siblings – Hannah Colfer (Younger Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Colfer has dated –
- Will Sherrod (2013-Present) – Actor Will Sherrod, who is 7 years older than Chris is dating him since the starting of the year 2013. However, they have met each other in 2012 during Halloween party and Christmas party.
- In feet – 5 feet 10½ inches
- In centimeters – 179 cm
- In meters – 1.79 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
- Measurements – 38–12–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.50 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Chris gained international recognition for his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on the television musical Glee (2009–15). Colfer’s portrayal of Kurt received critical praise for which he has been the recipient of several awards, including Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries or Television Film at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards and three consecutive People’s Choice Awards for Favorite Comedic TV Actor in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
In 2009, Chris began his acting career when he was cast as Russel Fish in a comedy short film, Russel Fish: The Sausage and Eggs Incident.
In 2009, Chris landed his first television role in the Fox musical comedy-drama series, Glee playing the lead character of Kurt Hummel.
Chris Colfer Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna, Miley Cyrus
- Favorite Store – Target
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
Chris Colfer Net worth
Chris Colfer has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Chris Colfer
- Instagram – chriscolfer
- Twitter – Chris Colfer
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chris Colfer
- Colfer was raised in a conservative Christian home attending Christian youth camps.
- In 2011, Chris dedicated his Golden Globe Award to bullied kids in the LGBT community.
- In April 2011, Colfer was named one of the Time 100, Time’s list of the 100 most influential people.
- In June 8, 2011, Colfer signed a book deal with Little, Brown and Company to write two novels for children.
- In 2012, Colfer released a companion book to his film Struck by Lightning called Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal.
- In March 2012, Colfer was featured in a performance of Dustin Lance Black’s play, 8 – a staged reenactment of the federal trial that overturned California’s Prop 8 ban on same sex marriage as Ryan Kendall.
- In 2013, Colfer filmed a public service announcement (PSA) with Elmo about anti-bullying for Sesame Street in Communities and participated in the Course of the Force run benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- In 2014, Colfer guest starred on an episode of Hot in Cleveland playing Tony, Victoria’s son.
- In 2014, Chris participated in a PSA about Let Girls Learn, put out by the U.S. Agency for International Development.
- In 2017, Colfer released his second book for young adult readers called Stranger Than Fanfiction. This book follows the story of Cash Carter, a world-famous television star who decides to take a cross-country road trip with four of his biggest fans as they are getting ready to enter college.
- In June 2017, Colfer will make his directorial debut with a film adaptation of The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell.
- In October 1, 2019, Chris came out with a new book, A Tale of Magic. It is a prequel to the Land of Stories series.