Ayushmann Khurrana is an Indian actor, singer and television host. He started off his career as a radio jockey but eventually became a VJ on MTV India. Apart from acting and singing, Ayush has also written various Hindi poems. In 2004, he won the second season of reality television show MTV Roadies and ventured into an anchoring career. In 2012, he made his film debut with the romantic comedy Vicky Donor in which his performance as a sperm donor earned him the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. Ayushmann is the recipient of several awards, including a National Film Award and three Filmfare Awards.
Actor, Singer, Writer, Television Host, RJ
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ayushmann Khurrana was born on the 14th of September 1984, in Chandigarh, India.
He is currently 38 years old.
Ayushmann did his schooling from St. John’s High School, Chandigarh. He majored in English Literature from DAV College and got a master’s degree in Mass Communication from School of Communication Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Father – P. Khurrana (Astrologer and Politician)
- Mother – Poonam Khurrana
- Siblings – Aparshakti Khurrana (Radio Jockey and Actor)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ayushmann Khurrana has dated –
- Tahira Khurrana (2008-Present)– Ayushmann was in a relationship with Tahira later on the beautiful couple get married in 2008. Their love story started when both of them started tuition classes in 12th standard. He has a son Virajveer, born in 2 January 2012 and a daughter Varushka, born in 21 April 2014. Tahira and Ayushmann were close family friends before their marriage.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
- Body Measurements – 40–12–32
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
His shoe size is 10 (US).
Ayushmann is best known for his several movies like Vicky Donor, Shubh Mangal Saavdhan, Andhadhun, Badhaai Ho, Article 15 and recently releases Bala.
In 2012, Ayushmann made his film debut with the romantic comedy Vicky Donor, co-starring Annu Kapoor and Yami Gautam, in which his performance as a sperm donor earned him the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
In 2002, Ayushmann came into the limelight, when he participated in Channel [V]’s reality show, Popstars. He then contested in MTV Roadies 2 and emerged as the winner. He has also hosted a number of television shows like Pepsi MTV Wassup and The Voice of Youngistaan.
Ayushmann made his singing debut with the song Pani Da Rang from the film Vicky Donor itself. His singles O Heeriye, Mitti Di Khushboo and Yahin Hoon Main were greatly appreciated by his fans.
Ayushmann has not appeared in a commercial for any brand yet.
Ayushmann Khurrana Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Amitabh Bachchan, Ranveer Singh, Irfan Khan
- Favorite Actress – Madhuri Dixit, Deepika Padukone
- Favorite Film – Tezaab, Shakti, Deewar, Agneepath, Hum
- Favorite Singer – Chris Martin (Coldplay)
- Favorite Director – Dibakar Banerjee, Shoojit Sircar, Sharad Katari, Rajkumar Hirani, Imtiaz Ali
- Favorite Sport – Cricket
- Favorite Perfume – Bvlgari Aqua
- Favorite Destination – New York
- Favorite Colors – White, Blue
- Favorite Food – Rajma-Chawla, Chicken Curry, Rasgullas, Imarti, Falooda-Kulfi, Halwa
Ayushmann Khurrana Net worth
Ayushmann Khurrana has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2022. He gets paid around ₹2 to 3 crore per film and owns an Audi A6 & BMW 5 Series car. He lives in a palatial home in Mumbai and reportedly pays rent of Rs 5.25 lakhs per month for the 4000 sq feet home in Windsor Grande, Andheri, Mumbai.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Ayushmann Khurrana
- Instagram – ayushmannk
- Twitter – Ayushmann Khurrana
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ayushmann Khurrana
- His name was Nishant Khurrana, but later his parents changed his name to Ayushmann Khurrana when he was just 3 years old.
- He was very passionate about acting since his childhood. Actually, he watched Anil Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit‘s Tezaab and inspired from them and decided to become an actor. His father also wanted him to be an actor.
- When he was 16 years old, he met his would-be wife Tahira Kashyap for the first time and he told her that he would marry her.
- At the age of 17, he was first noticed on Television in 2002. He participated in a Channel V reality show PopStars.
- In 2004, his life took a turn when he won the MTV Roadies (Season 2), at the age of 20.
- He has worked in TV serials like Kayamat and Ek Thi Rajkumari.
- In 2007, Ayushmann became the youngest receiver of the Young Achievers Award, for hosting the show, Big Chai – Maan Na Maan & Main Tera Ayushmann.
- He loves writing Hindi poems and is an active blogger.
- You would be surprised to know that during his initial days on TV, he donated his sperms.
- In 2015, he released his autobiographical book called Cracking the Code – My Journey To Bollywood, reflecting his struggle and path to success.
- He did theatres approx for five years and won Best Actor Award for playing Ashwatthama in Dharamvir Bharati’s Andha Yug.
- In 2019, Ayushmann won the National Film Award for Best Actor for his film Andhadhun.