Mayim Bialik is an American actress, author and neuroscientist. In 1991, she played the title character of the NBC sitcom Blossom. Bialik later played neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory. Outside of her acting career, she holds a Ph.D. in neuroscience. For her role as Fowler, Bialik has been nominated four times for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series and won the Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
Mayim Chaya Bialik
Actress, Neuroscientist, Author
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mayim Bialik was born on the 12th of December 1975, in San Diego, California, United States.
She is currently 46 years old.
She is of Polish, Czechoslovakian and Hungarian descent.
Modern Orthodox Judaism
Bialik attended Walter Reed Junior High School (now Walter Reed Middle School) and graduated in 1993 from North Hollywood High School in North Hollywood, California. In acknowledgment of her acting commitments, she was granted a deferred acceptance and attended University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). She said she wanted to stay close to her parents and did not want to move to the East Coast. Bialik earned a B.S. degree in neuroscience, with minors in Hebrew and Jewish studies, from UCLA in 2000. She took a break from studies in 2005 to return to acting. In 2007, she accomplished her Ph.D. in neuroscience from the UCLA.
- Father – Barry Bialik
- Mother – Beverly Bialik
- Siblings – Isaac Brynjegard-Bialik (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mayim Bialik has dated –
- Michael Stone (2002-2013) – Mayim met Michael Stone during her graduation days at the UCLA. After dating for couple of years, they got married in August 2003 in an intimate ceremony, which has Victorian themed and included Jewish wedding customs as well. Stone converted to Judaism for the marriage. In 2005, she gave birth to her first son, Miles Roosevelt Bialik Stone and their second son, Frederick Heschel Bialik Stone was born in 2008. However, in November 2012, Mayim announced on her parenting blog that she was separating from her husband. Their divorce was finalized in May 2013.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 38-30-39
- Bust – 38 inches
- Waist – 30 inches
- Hip – 39 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
Her dress size is 14 (US).
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Playing the title role in NBC sitcom, Blossom and starring in CBS comedy series, The Big Bang Theory in the role of Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler.
In 1988, Mayim first film role came in the comedy-drama film Beaches for her role as Young Cecilia CC Carol Bloom.
In 1987, Bialik first TV show appearance came in CBS series The beauty and the beast for her role as Ellie in episode 4 of season 1.
Mayim has channeled her love for academics by endorsing a number of products from Texas Instruments. As part of her ambassadorial duties, she often attends educational conferences and other academic events to endorse Texas Instruments calculators. She has also appeared in television commercials for McDonalds & Funnovation Inc.
Mayim Bialik Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Tom Hanks
- Favorite Guilty Pleasures – Fries & Chocolate
- Favorite Place to Visit – Japan
- Favorite Writer – J.D. Salinger
- Favorite Colors – Pink, Black
- Favorite Drinks – Lemon Iced Tea, Wine
- Favorite Outfit – Black Dress
Mayim Bialik Net worth
Mayim Bialik has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2022. Bialik now makes half a million dollar per episode.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mayim Bialik
- Mayim was so brilliant in studies in her child hood but yet she managed her acting career since she was 12 years old.
- Bialik is a big fan of ear piercings and has overall 14 ear piercings with 8 in her right ear and 6 in her left ear. She got 7th before the shoot of 8th season of Big Bang Theory but it eventually closed up.
- She actively tries to disconnect from the technology. She practices no phones at the table rule and also avoids using any gadget every night.
- Mayim Bialik is a regular contributor to the Jewish parenting website Kveller. In her section, she regularly shares her tips on almost everything ranging from vegan meals to her Jewish faith.
- In August 2012, she was involved in a car accident, which crushed her left hand and it was feared that she might lose a finger as well.
- In 2014, Bialik was awarded an honorary D.H.L. degree from Boston University.
- In 2015, Mayim Bialik founded Groknation.com to share her views on culture, faith, woman issues and parenting. She also interviews celebs for the Hollywood section.
- Mayim is a vegan and has written her own cookbook titled Mayim’s Vegan Table, containing more than hundred vegan recipes.
- She is a music enthusiast and is quite accomplished in playing brass guitar, piano, trumpet and harp, which she learned to play for The Big Band Theory.
- Bialik is a vegan and a founding member of the Shamayim V’Aretz Institute, a Jewish organization that advocates for the ethical treatment of animals.
- In 2017, Mayim announced that she and vegan Chef Ali Cruddas co-own a Bodhi Bowl, vegan restaurant in Los Angeles.
- Visit her official website @ mayimbialik.net.