Athiya Shetty is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films. At the age of 18, she relocated alone in New York City to enroll at the New York Film Academy as she wanted to act in films. She debuted in the romantic action film Hero for which she received the Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award and a Filmfare award nomination for the Best Female Debut.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Athiya Shetty was born on November 05, 1992, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She’s currently 26 years old.
On her mother’s side, she has Punjabi and Gujarati ancestry, while her father is a Tulu of Bunt community.
Athiya went to the Cathedral and John Connon School in Mumbai. She later shifted to the American School of Bombay. After completing her school education, she relocated to New York City and got admission at the New York Film Academy to polish her acting skills.
- Father – Suniel Shetty (Actor and Businessman)
- Mother – Mana Shetty (Director, fashion designer and creative director of interior decoration company)
- Siblings – Aahan Shetty (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Veerapa Shetty (Paternal Grandfather) (Hotelier and Businessman), Prema V. Shetty (Paternal Grandmother), Sujata R. Hedge (Paternal Aunt), Sumitha Tarun Pratap (Paternal Aunt)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Athiya Shetty has dated –
- Sooraj Pancholi (2015) – Athiya was reported to be going out with actor Sooraj Pancholi after working together in the movie, Hero. Their sizzling chemistry in the movie as well as at the movie promotion events further deepened suspicions of them being a couple.
- Arjun Kapoor (2016) – Athiya and actor Arjun Kapoor were reported to be the new couple in the industry in October 2016 after they were pictured kissing at a famous nightclub in Mumbai. Athiya and Arjun had known each other for quite a while as they have a common social circle. Also, Athiya is his sister Anshula’s friend. They were also pictured together at Punit Malhotra’s party. Mindful of the media glare, they had arrived separately at the party.
- Aditya Bhandari (2016) – In December 2016, some tabloids had reported that Athiya Shetty had broken up with her long-term boyfriend Aditya Bhandari. They had been in an on and off relationship for three years. Athiya was even reported to be present at Aditya’s older brother Kaviraj’s engagement in 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 3 (US).
Being the daughter of famous actor Sunil Shetty. Having played the role of lead actress in a Salman Khan produced movie, Hero (2015).
In 2015, she made her first film appearance in the role of Radha Mathur in a romantic action movie, Hero.
She hasn’t appeared in TV series.
In 2015, Athiya was made the brand ambassador of Maybelline New York for India region. In February 2017, she revealed on Instagram that she was shooting for her TV commercial for an unidentified brand.
Awards & Nominations
|2015||N/A||Vogue Beauty Awards||Face To Watch Out For||Won|
|Hero||Stardust Awards||Superstar of Tomorrow (Female)||Nominated|
|Best Jodi Of The Year||Won|
|Dada Saheb Phalke Excellence Awards||Best Debut (Female)||Won|
|BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Debut (Female)||Nominated|
|2016||Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Producers Guild Film Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Most Promising Debut Jodi||Won|
|Screen Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Jodi No. 1||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Star Debut of the Year (Female)||Nominated|
Athiya Shetty Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan
- Favorite Idol – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Favorite Lip Colors – Pink, Red
- Favorite Sunscreen – Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50+ Sunscreen
- Favorite Perfume – Narciso Rodriguez For Her
- Favorite Beauty Icons – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kajol
- Favorite Cleansing Product – Maybelline Clean Express
- Favorite Lipsticks – Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow Lip Balm and Maybelline’s Color Sensational Vivid Matte Lipstick
- Favorite Dream Costar – Ranveer Singh
- Favorite Closet Staples – Boyfriend Jeans, a T-shirt, White Keds
- Favorite Signature Beauty Statement – Clean Makeup
- Favorite Evergreen Style Icon – Audrey Hepburn
- Favorite App – Instagram
- Favorite Brands – Givenchy, Anamika Khanna, Ahilya, Off-White, Top Shop, Zara
Athiya Shetty Net worth
Athiya Shetty has a estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in an ultra-uber house in Mumbai along with her parents. She owns a Jaguar XF and a Mercedes S Class SUV.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Athiya Shetty
- Athiya Shetty considers her parental grandfather, Veerapa Shetty, and her maternal grandmother, Vipula Kadri as her inspiration.
- Athiya has been working for the mentally challenged and hearing impaired children at her grandmother’s NGO since she was 12 years old.
- Athiya realized that acting was her passion while hunting for colleges. She noticed that she was putting more consideration to the theater over academics, which led her to go all out for acting.
- Athiya actively participated in sports like football, basketball and badminton in her school days. She was a part of her school’s swimming team.
- Shetty was also good at singing and was a part of her school choir.
- She is very fond of dogs and has a pet pug, Squish.
- While studying at American School of Bombay, she took part in plays along with future Bollywood stars Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor.
- Shetty moved to New York City and attended New York Academy to study acting.
- She is trained in Mixed Martial Arts by master Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj.
- She received the Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for her performance in the debut film Hero.
- In 2018, Athiya featured in the song ‘Tere Naal Nachna’ from the film Nawabzaade.