Julia Louis-Dreyfus is an American actress, comedian, producer and singer. She is known for her work in the television comedy series Saturday Night Live, Seinfeld, The New Adventures of Old Christine and Veep. She is one of the most awarded actresses in American television history, winning more Emmy Awards and more Screen Actors Guild Awards than any other performer. In 2016, Time named Louis-Dreyfus as one of the 100 most influential people in the world on the annual Time 100 list. In 2018, she received the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, presented by the Kennedy Center as America’s highest comedy honor.
Julia Scarlett Elizabeth Louis-Dreyfus
Actress, Comedian, Singer, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Julia Louis-Dreyfus was born on 13 January 1961, in New York City, New York, United States.
She’s currently 58 years old.
She has Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her paternal grandfather’s side. She also has Mexican, German, French, English, Scots-Irish / Northern Irish and Scottish ancestry.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus went to the Holton-Arms School in Bethesda and graduated in 1979. She then got enrolled at the Northwestern University in Evanston to study theater but, decided to drop out before graduating to take a real acting job.
- Father – Gérard Louis-Dreyfus (Businessman)
- Mother – Judith LeFever Bowles (Author and special needs teacher)
- Siblings – Emma Louis-Dreyfus (Younger Paternal Half-Sister) (Social Worker), Phoebe Louis-Dreyfus (Younger Paternal Half-Sister) (Social Worker), Lauren Bowles (Younger Maternal Half-Sister) (Actress), Raphael Louis-Dreyfus (Younger Paternal Half-Sister
- Others – Thompson Bowles (Stepfather) (Dean of the George Washington University Medical School), Pierre Louis-Dreyfus (Paternal Grandfather) (Businessman and former president of the Louis Dreyfus Group), Dolores Neubauer (Paternal Grandmother), Harry Everett LeFever (Maternal Grandfather), Grace E. Riggs (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia Louis-Dreyfus has dated –
- Brad Hall (1987-Present) – Julia Louis-Dreyfus met her husband Brad Hall while they were studying at the Northwestern University. She had auditioned for Hall’s theater production at the university in the early 1980s. They then worked together on Saturday Night Live comedy show. They formalized their relationship in 1987 by getting married. In 1992, she gave birth to a son, Henry. In 1997, they welcomed another son, Charles in their family.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 36-27-35
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Louis-Dreyfus is known for her roles in the series Seinfeld, The New Adventures of Old Christine and Veep.
In 1986, Julia made her first film appearance in the dark comedy movie, Troll for her role as Jeanette Cooper.
Louis-Dreyfus debuted in television with the comedy show, Saturday Night Live from 1982 to 1985, becoming the youngest female cast member in the history of the program at that time.
She has endorsed several brands and products including Yahoo, Old Navy, Google Chromecast, Clairol Nice-N-Easy, “Smith’s Crisp” potato chips, AT&T, Commerce Bank, Healthy Choice frozen foods.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus Favorites
- Favorite Song – I Got You (I Feel Good) by James Brown
- Favorite Movies – The Wizard of Oz (1939), A Room with a View (1985), Life Is Beautiful (1997), Monty Python, the Holy Grail (1975)
- Favorite Salad – Arugula with Parmigiano-Reggiano and fresh lemon juice and olive oil or with sesame-ginger vinaigrette
- Favorite Food – Bacon, Dark Chocolate
Julia Louis-Dreyfus Net worth
Julia Louis-Dreyfus net worth is estimated to be $200 million dollars as of 2019. She makes $150 thousand per episode. This money comes purely from her acting and endorsements and we haven’t taken into account the wealth that she’d apparently inherit from her father’s fortune.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- In 1998, People magazine inducted her in the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” list.
- In 2006, Forbes magazine included her in the “10 Hottest Billionaire Heiresses” list.
- In 2007, Julia’s alma mater Northwestern University awarded her an honorary Doctor of Arts degree for her professional success.
- In 2009 Louis-Dreyfus was awarded the honorary award for Legacy of Laughter at the TV Land Awards.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus became the first actress to win Emmy Award for her work in three comedy series– Seinfeld, The New Adventures of Old Christine and Veep.
- In May 2010, she received her star on the prestigious Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6250 Hollywood Boulevard.
- In 2014, she became the first comedic actress to garner 14th Emmy Award nomination in supporting as well as leading categories in the Emmy history.
- In 2014, she was inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame for her contributions in the television industry.
- In 2016, Time magazine named her as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World in their annual Time 100 list.
- In 2018 Kennedy Center honored her with the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, America’s highest comedy honor.