Anthony Davis is an American professional basketball player for the New Orleans Pelicans of the National Basketball Association. He plays the power forward and center positions. Davis was selected first overall in the 2012 NBA draft by New Orleans, is a six-time NBA All-Star and has been named to three All-NBA First Teams and three NBA All-Defensive Teams. He also earned a gold medal playing with Team USA at the 2012 Summer Olympics. In 2017, he was named the recipient of the NBA All-Star Game MVP Award after setting an All-Star Game scoring record of 52 points en route.
Anthony Marshon Davis Jr.
Professional Basketball Player
Power Forward / Center
Birthday / Date of Birth
Anthony Davis was born on March 11, 1993 in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
Anthony Davis is currently 26 years old.
Davis went to Perspectives Charter School. After graduating from high school, Anthony continued his education at the University of Kentucky where he played for the Wildcats coached by John Calipari until the end of his sophomore year.
- Father – Anthony Davis, Sr.
- Mother – Erainer Davis
- Siblings – Antoinette Davis (Twin Sister), Lesha Davis (Older Sister) (Basketball Player)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony Davis has dated –
- Dylan Gonzalez – In the past, Anthony dated the female basketball player Dylan Gonzalez.
- Brittney Griner – Later, he was romantically linked with another WNBA player Brittney Griner.
- In feet – 6 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 208 cm
- In meters – 2.08 m
- In Kilograms – 115 kg
- In Pounds – 253½ lbs
- Measurements – 52-15-36.5
- Chest – 52 in or 132 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 36.5 in or 93 cm
Anthony wears a size 15 (US) shoe.
Being the 1st overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. He is also known for his huge wingspan reaching 7 feet and 5½ inches in total.
Basketball Match Debut
Anthony started his first official game for the New Orleans Hornets on October 31, 2012 against San Antonio Spurs. The Hornets lost the game by 4 with the final score being 99-95 in which Anthony scored 21 points and grabbed a total of 7 rebounds.
Davis has not performed in a movie yet.
Anthony has been seen in 2 episodes of the news sports talk show Mike & Mike in 2014 and 2015 as himself.
Anthony Davis has been seen in TV adverts for Red Bull, Foot Locker, NBA 2K, Nike, Boost Mobile and others.
Anthony Davis Favorites
- Favorite Snowball – Strawberry Snowballs
- Favorite New Orleans Musician or Band – Lil Wayne
- Favorite New Orleans Festival – Essence Fest
- Favorite Mardi Gras Parade – Endymion
- Favorite New Orleans Museum – National World War II Museum
- Favorite Po-Boy – Gumbo
Anthony Davis Net worth
Anthony Davis has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2019 & an annual salary of $20 million dollars.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anthony Davis
- While in high school, his teams used to train in a nearby church as their school had no gymnasium.
- At the end of his freshman year, Anthony stood only 6 feet 0 inches (183 cm) tall. However before the start of his sophomore year, he was already 6 feet and 4 inches (193 cm).
- Despite he was wanted by colleges such as DePaul, Ohio State, and Syracuse, Anthony chose Kentucky.
- Before Davis stated that he desired to play for the Wildcats, there were rumored reports released in public by Chicago Sun-Times in which Anthony’s father was accused of being involved in a pay-to-play scandal.
- In August 24, 2010, he became the number one rated player in the national class of 2011 at Scout.com.
- According to Sporting News, Anthony was selected for the 2012 Men’s College Basketball Player of the Year award.
- In March 19, 2012, Davis achieved the U.S. Basketball Writers Association’s Robertson trophy.
- In March 31, 2012, Anthony received the John R. Wooden Award and only a day after, he got the Naismith award for College Player of the Year.
- In June 28, 2012, Davis was picked by the New Orleans Hornets as the first overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.
- In July 24, 2012, David penned a three-year contract with the Hornets worth 16 million dollars.
- He played for the USA’s National Team at the 2012 Olympics and won the gold medal.
- In February 15, 2013, he performed at the 2013 NBA All-Star Game. Anthony competed in the Rising Stars Challenge.
- Because of a shoulder injury, Anthony missed the 2015 NBA All-Star Game.
- At the end of 2014-2015 season, he was chosen for the All-NBA First Team.
- In July 9, 2015, Davis re-signed with the Hornets for another five years for a sum of 145 million dollars.