Carmelo Anthony is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He has been named an NBA All-Star ten times and an All-NBA Team member six times. He played college basketball for the Syracuse Orange, winning a national championship as a freshman in 2003 while being named the NCAA Tournament’s Most Outstanding Player. Anthony has been a member of the USA Olympic basketball team a record four times, winning a bronze medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics and gold medals at the 2008, 2012 and 2016 Summer Olympics.
Carmelo Kyam Anthony
Melo, Melo Man
Professional Basketball Player
Small Forward (Can play Power Forward too)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Carmelo Anthony was born on May 29, 1984 in Brooklyn, New York, United States.
Carmelo is currently 35 years old.
Upper West Side, New York City, New York, United States
Carmelo’s father is of Puerto Rican descent and his mother Mary is born African-American.
Anthony went to Towson Catholic High School where he studied for 3 years. After his junior year at Towson, Carmelo received offers from colleges such as North Carolina and Syracuse and wanted to forgo his senior year in high school and join Syracuse. However, due to his bad grades and overall low score in the American College Testing (ACT), Anthony knew that he would need to work more on his grades in order to qualify for Syracuse.
- Father – Carmelo Anthony, Sr.
- Mother – Mary Anthony
- Siblings – Robert Anthony (Brother), Wilford Anthony (Brother), Daphne Anthony (Half-Sister), Michelle Anthony (Sister) (Died in 2010)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Carmelo Anthony has dated –
- Kat Stacks – In the past Melo was RUMORed to have an encounter with the Venezuelan socialite Kat Stacks.
- La La Vasquez (2003-2017) – Melo commenced dating the American TV personality La La Vasquez in 2003. The couple got engaged on December 25, 2004 and after almost 6 years, they crowned their long-lasting romance with a marriage on July 10, 2010. Anthony and La La have one child, son Kiyan (b. March 7, 2007). The couple split in 2017 after Carmelo had started an extra-marital affair with a dancer at a gentlemen’s club in New York City and that dancer was already 6 months pregnant with Carmelo’s child.
- In feet – 6 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 203 cm
- In meters – 2.03 m
- In Kilograms – 109 kg
- In Pounds – 240 lbs
- Measurements – 48-16-35½
- Chest – 48 in or 122 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 35½ in or 90 cm
Carmelo wears a size 14 (US) shoe.
Being the third overall pick in the 2003 NBA Draft, right after LeBron James #1 and Darko Milicic #2. Melo is also known for being one of the best small forwards of his generation because of his deadly shooting ability and athleticism.
Basketball Match Debut
Melo had his NBA debut on October 29, 2003 in a match between Denver Nuggets and San Antonio Spurs. Carmelo who performed for the Nuggets spent 29 minutes on the court, scored 12 points, secured 7 rebounds and dished 3 assists. Eventually, Denver won the game with 80-72.
In 2013, Carmelo debuted as an actor with the sports romantic drama movie Amazing.
Melo appeared in two episodes of the comedy drama series Nurse Jackie in 2012 as Wayne.
Carmelo has signed endorsement contracts with Nike’s Jordan Brand, SMS Audio, DraftKings, Las Vegas Sands etc. He has also appeared in TV commercials for Degree Deodorants, NBA, Foot Locker, New York Knicks, Eastern Motors, Phiten and others.
Carmelo Anthony Favorites
- Favorite TV Show – G.I. Joe
- Favorite NBA Players – Michael Jordan, Bernard King, Dr. J
- Favorite NFL Team – University of Texas
- Favorite Movies – The Godfather (1972), Goodfellas (1990), Casino (1995), Scarface (1983)
Carmelo Anthony Net worth
Carmelo Anthony has an estimated net worth of $120 million dollars as of 2019. He is the 18th richest NBA player in the world.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Carmelo Anthony
- Instagram – carmeloanthony
- Twitter – Carmelo Anthony
- YouTube Channel – Carmelo Anthony
Some Lesser Known Facts About Carmelo Anthony
- His family shifted to Baltimore when he was 8 years old.
- After his first year at Towson Catholic High School, Anthony was named All-Metropolitan Player of the Year, Baltimore Catholic League Player of the Year and Baltimore’s County Player of the Year.
- In 2001, Melo was selected The Baltimore Sun’s Metro Player of the Year.
- In the 2003 NBA Draft, Anthony was selected as the 3rd overall pick by the Denver Nuggets.
- In February 13, 2004, Melo performed in the Got Milk? Rookie Challenge at the 2004 NBA All-Star Weekend.
- He finished second in the NBA Rookie of the Year voting behind Cleveland’s LeBron James.
- He is the founder of Puerto Rico FC, a North American Soccer League expansion team.
- Melo has been featured on all the three EA Sports basketball franchises – NCAA March Madness, NBA Street and NBA Live.
- In 2004, Carmelo was arrested after at Denver International Airport, police officers found marijuana in his luggage. Eventually, he was released after his friend James Cunningham penned an affidavit and confirmed that the marijuana was his.
- On April 14, 2008, Anthony was charged with driving under the influence. Police officers stated that Melo drove through the lanes and did not lower his car lights. He was later suspended for two games by the Nuggets.
- He founded The Carmelo Anthony Youth Development Center on December 14, 2006.
- Melo donated 1.5 million dollars to the Living Classrooms Foundation.
- He gave a 3 million dollar check to the Syracuse University for building a brand new basketball practice facility.
- In 2011, he was traded from Denver to the New York Knicks days prior to the NBA trade deadline.
- In February 22, 2011, Anthony and Chauncey Billups were sent to the New York Knicks after a trade deal between Denver Nuggets, Minnesota Timberwolves and New York Knicks.
- In January 2012, Melo became a part of the list of 35 Greatest McDonald’s All-Americans.
- In a January 24, 2014 game against the Charlotte Bobcats, Anthony scored a career-high 62 points, setting a Knicks’ single-game scoring record and a Madison Square Garden single-game scoring record.
- In July 13, 2014, Melo penned a new five-year deal with the Knicks.
- He appeared in the 2015 NBA All-Star Game.
- In April 2016, he was the United States Olympic men’s national basketball team’s all-time leader in points, rebounds and games played.
- In a January 11, 2017, game against the Philadelphia 76ers, which the team lost 98–97 on a buzzer-beater, Anthony scored 28 points to move past Robert Parish into 26th place in the NBA career scoring ladder.
- In August 13, 2018, Anthony signed a one-year, $2.4 million veterans minimum contract with the Houston Rockets, who were coached by his former Knicks coach, Mike D’Antoni.
- Visit his official website @ thisismelo.com.