Kevin Durant is an American professional basketball player for the Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played one season of college basketball for the University of Texas and was selected as the second overall pick by the Seattle SuperSonics in the 2007 NBA draft. He played nine seasons in Oklahoma City before signing with Golden State in 2016, winning back to back championships in 2017 and 2018.
Kevin Wayne Durant
KD, Durant, The Durantula, K-Dog, The Second Coming
Professional Basketball Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kevin Durant was born on September 29, 1988 in Washington, D.C., United States.
Kevin Durant is currently 39 years old.
Durant first attended National Christian Academy where he played for two years before he shifted to Oak Hill Academy. Before his senior year, Kevin decided to change his school and enrolled himself into Montrose Christian School. After KD graduated from high-school, he continued his education at the University of Texas where he played until 2007, when he decided to forgo the remaining college years in order to take a place in the 2007 NBA Draft.
- Father – Wayne Pratt
- Mother – Wanda Durant
- Siblings – Rayvonne Pratt (Brother), Brianna Pratt (Sister), Tony Pratt (Brother)
- Others – Barbara Davis (Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Durant has dated –
- Monica Wright (2013-2014) – Kevin began dating the WNBA basketball player Monica Wright in January 2013 and after 6 months, they got engaged on July 7, 2013. However, their engagement didn’t last long as they called it off only a year after in July 2014.
- Joie Chavis (2014) – In September 2014, Kevin was RUMORed for having a fling with the American model Joie Chavis.
- In feet – 6 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 206 cm
- In meters – 2.06 m
- In Kilograms – 109 kg
- In Pounds – 240 lbs
- Measurements – 43-15½-35
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15½ in or 39½ cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Kevin wears a size 15 (US) shoe.
His scoring abilities for which he was once described as “Scoring Prodigy” by John Hollinger. Also, Kevin has been recognized for his achievements as a player especially for winning the NBA MVP Award of the regular season in 2014.
Basketball Match Debut
Durant played his first official NBA match on October 31, 2007 when as a member of Seattle SuperSonics (Nowadays Oklahoma City Thunder), he lost to Denver Nuggets by 17 with the ending result being 103-120.
Kevin first acted in the short comedy movie Back for the Future (2011) as a Customer. However, Durant had his first featured role in a film in 2012 when he performed as Kevin Durant in Thunderstruck.
Kevin appeared in two episodes of the sports talk show Rome Is Burning in 2007 and 2011 as himself.
Durant has signed sponsorship contracts with Nike, Gatorade, Sprint, 2K Sports, Panini, Neff Wear, Orange Leaf, American Family Insurance, BBVA Official Bank and Sparkling ICE. He has also appeared in TV commercials for Foot Locker, Sonic, Skullcandy, NBA, Sprint etc.
Kevin Durant Favorites
- Favorite TV Show – Entourage (2004-2011)
- Favorite Hype Song before a Game – 8ball & MJG – Don’t Make
- Favorite Player – Vince Carter
- Favorite Movie – Twister (1996)
- Favorite Rapper – Biggie
- Favorite NBA Team – Toronto Raptors
- Favorite NFL Team – Washington Redskins
- Favorite MLB Team – Nationals
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor – Strawberry
- Favorite Food – Crab Legs
- Favorite Female Sport – Volleyball
Kevin Durant Net worth
Kevin Durant has an estimated net worth of $170 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Kevin Durant
- Instagram – easymoneysniper
- Twitter – Kevin Durant
- YouTube Channel – Kevin Durant
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kevin Durant
- His father Wayne left the family when Kevin was a baby. Later that resulted in a divorce between his parents.
- When Kevin was 13, his father came back in his life and followed his son on all basketball tournaments he played.
- As a kid, Durant wanted to play for Toronto Raptors.
- He had played AAU (Amateur Athletic Union) for a few teams in the Maryland area.
- He decided to wear 35 numbered jersey in honor of his AAU coach Charles Craig who was killed at the age of 35.
- Kevin was the MVP of the 2006 McDonald’s All-American Game.
- He is the spokesperson for the nonprofit after-school music program P’Tones Records.
- Durant was the first freshman ever to win the Naismith College Player of the Year award.
- He was picked as 2nd overall by the Seattle SuperSonics (Nowadays Oklahoma City Thunder).
- Durant achieved his first game-winning shot in a match against the Atlanta Hawks on November 16, 2007.
- Before the start of the 2010-2011 season, Kevin extended his contract with the Thunder for another five years for a total price of 86 million dollars.
- He won the 2012 NBA All-Star Game MVP.
- In February 2007, he was called to the USA national team basketball camp. Eventually, Kevin couldn’t make into the final list of twelve players as USA’s coach Mike Krzyzewski picked off more experienced players.
- KD loves to play video games.
- In 2013, Kevin opened a restaurant in the Bricktown neighborhood of Oklahoma City by the name KD’s Southern Cuisine.
- In 2013, KD in collaboration with KIND Snacks opened StrongAndKind.com website in order to show that “Being kind is not a sign of weakness.”
- In 2013, Kevin gave 1 million dollars to the American Red Cross in order to help the people who suffered from Moore tornado.
- In May 2016, the movie The Real MVP: The Wanda Pratt Story was officially launched, in which he and his mother’s early lives were described in details. He and his mother were portrayed by Daniel Bellomy and Cassandra Freeman.
- In 2017, Durant became involved with YouTube. In February, he visited YouTube’s headquarters for a speaking engagement.
- In May 2019, Durant’s YouTube channel has received over 740,000 subscribers and 31 million video views
- Visit his official website @ thirtyfiveventures.com.