Stephen Curry is an American professional basketball player for the Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association. A six-time NBA All-Star, he has been named the NBA Most Valuable Player twice and won three NBA championships with the Warriors. Many players and analysts have called him the greatest shooter in NBA history. Stephen is credited with revolutionizing the game of basketball by inspiring teams to regularly employ the three-point shot as part of their winning strategy.
Wardell Stephen Curry II
Baby Faced Assassin
Professional Basketball Player
Point Guard, Guard
30 – Golden State Warriors
Birthday / Date of Birth
Stephen Curry was born on 14th of March 1988, in Akron, Ohio, United States.
Stephen is currently 32 years old.
Curry started his schooling at the Montessori School. However, because his father Dell got transferred to Toronto Raptors, he chose to attend Queensway Christian College in Ontario, where he was a part of the basketball team. After finishing middle school, he was enrolled at Charlotte Christian High School, where he achieved great results winning three conference titles and appearing in three state playoffs.
- Father – Dell Curry (Former NBA player)
- Mother – Sonya Curry (Started her own school)
- Siblings – Seth Curry (Younger Brother) (Professional Basketball Player), Sydel Curry (Younger Sister) (Played Volleyball at Elon University)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stephen Curry has dated –
- Ayesha Alexander (2011-Present) – Curry is married to the American actress Ayesha Alexander. The couple started dating in 2003 and after 7 years of being in a relationship, got engaged in December 2010. After a year and a half of their engagement, Stephen and Ayesha got married on July 30, 2011. They have one child, Riley (born – July 19, 2012).
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 191 cm
- In meters – 1.91 m
- In Kilograms – 86 kg
- In Pounds – 190 lbs
- Measurements – 43-15½-35
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15½ in or 39½ cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
He wears a size 13.5 (US) shoe.
Stephen is best known for his ability to single-handedly win a game by scoring 30, 40 or 50 points. What makes Curry special is his fast releasing shooting technique and his shooting range, which many times has proven to be devastating for his opponents. He is also known for being a part of the National Basketball Team of USA who won 2 gold medals, one in Turkey in 2010 and another in Spain in 2014.
Basketball Match Debut
Durant played his first official NBA match on October 31, 2007 when as a member of Seattle SuperSonics (Nowadays Oklahoma City Thunder), he lost to Denver Nuggets by 17 with the ending result being 103-120.
In October 2018, Curry signed on as executive producer of the film Breakthrough, scheduled for release in April 2019.
In 2008, Curry appeared as himself on the talk show Late Night with Conan O’Brien in the episode #15.48.
Stephen Curry has signed endorsement contracts with Degree, Express, State Farm, Muscle Milk, JBL and Under Armour.
Stephen Curry Favorites
- Favorite TV Character – Martin
- Favorite Chick Flick – Walk to Remember
- Favorite Player Growing Up – Muggsy Bogues
- Favorite People To Follow On Twitter – Bill Simmons
- Favorite Sociology Class – Gender and Society
- Favorite Movie – The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)
- Favorite TV Show – Family Guy
- Favorite City To Visit – Toronto
- Favorite Food – Salmon
Stephen Curry Net worth
Stephen Curry has an estimated net worth of $90 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Stephen Curry
- Instagram – stephencurry30
- Twitter – Stephen Curry
- YouTube Channel – Stephen Curry
Some Lesser Known Facts About Stephen Curry
- Golden State Warriors selected Curry as a seventh pick during the 2009 NBA Draft.
- He was raised in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Because his father was transferred to Toronto Raptors, from 2001 to 2002, Stephen lived in Toronto.
- He wore the same number 30 as his dad used to when he played in the NBA.
- He met Kevin Durant during a basketball tournament. At that time, both were 10 years old.
- He shares the same birthday (month and day) with Billy Crystal and Albert Einstein.
- In July 1, 2017, Curry agreed to a five-year, $201 million extension with the Warriors, becoming the first NBA player to sign a supermax contract worth over $200 million.
- In September 2017, it was announced that Curry had signed an exclusive autograph contract with Steiner Sports Memorabilia.
- In April 2018, Sony Pictures Entertainment announced a wide-ranging, multiyear multimedia deal with Curry’s newly-formed production company Unanimous Media, located on the Sony Pictures studio lot in Culver City.
- In October 2018, Curry announced his involvement with the relaunch of Palm, a mobile companion device that pairs with a primary smartphone.
- In October 2018, Curry signed on as executive producer of the film Breakthrough, scheduled for release in April 2019.
- Visit Curry’s official website @ stephencurry30.com.