Kawhi Leonard is an American professional basketball player for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association. Leonard played two seasons of college basketball for the San Diego State Aztecs and was a consensus second team All American as a sophomore. He was selected by the Indiana Pacers with the 15th overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft but was traded to the San Antonio Spurs the same day. After seven seasons with the Spurs, Leonard was traded to the Raptors in 2018.
Kawhi Anthony Leonard
Kawhi, Mr. Basketball California
Professional Basketball Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kawhi Leonard was born on June 29, 1991 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Kawhi Leonard is currently 27 years old.
Kawhi first went to Canyon Springs High School before he moved to Martin Luther King High School prior to his junior year. After he finished his schooling at King High School, Leonard joined San Diego State. Once Kawhi completed his sophomore year, he decided not to attend the last two years in college and enter the 2011 NBA Draft instead.
- Father – Mark Leonard (Killed at his own Compton car wash on January 18, 2008)
- Mother – Kim Leonard
- Siblings – Kawhi has four older sisters
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Durant has dated –
- Kishele Shipley – Kawhi is in a relationship with Kishele Shipley. The couple welcomed their first child in 2016.
- In feet – 6 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 201 cm
- In meters – 2.01 m
- In Kilograms – 104 kg
- In Pounds – 229½ lbs
- Measurements – 47-16-35
- Chest – 47 in or 119½ cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 84 cm
Kawhi wears a size 14 (US) shoe.
Winning the 2014 NBA title with San Antonio Spurs and the award for the 2014 NBA Finals MVP. He is also recognized for his muscular built and for his huge hand palms reaching 9.75 inches in length.
Basketball Match Debut
Leonard played his first official NBA game on December 26, 2011 when as a member of San Antonio Spurs, he faced Memphis Grizzlies. In his first match, Kawhi spent a total of 13:33 minutes on the court, scored 6 points and grabbed 6 rebounds. The Spurs won that game by 13 points with the final score being 95-82.
In 2012, Leonard was seen in short sports film NBA.TV as himself.
Leonard was seen on the talk show Live! with Kelly as himself in 2014.
Leonard has signed sponsorship contracts with Nike Jordan Brand. He has also appeared in TV commercials for H-E-B, Fully Uploaded, and NBA.
Kawhi Leonard Favorites
Kawhi’s favorite things are not known.
Kawhi Leonard Net worth
Kawhi Leonard has an estimated net worth of $35 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
Kawhi Leonard is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kawhi Leonard
- During his freshman year at San Diego State, he was selected for the MWC freshman of the year, first team All-MWC and 2010 MWC Tournament Most Valuable Player.
- In his sophomore year at college, Kawhi was chosen in the Second Team All-America.
- In his freshman year at college, Kawhi played football because he couldn’t make it to the basketball tryouts as he had no transportation.
- In the 2011 NBA Draft, the Indiana Pacers picked Kawhi as 15th overall and was immediately traded to the San Antonio Spurs.
- In December 10, 2011, after the NBA lockout officially ended, Leonard signed a multi-year contract with San Antonio Spurs.
- He made it to the 2012 All-Rookie first team.
- In October 26, 2012, the Spurs exercised the team option on Leonard, re-signing him through the 2013–14 season.
- During the 2012-2013 season, Kawhi was chosen to participate in the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge as a member of Team Chuck.
- He was titled the NBA Finals MVP in 2014.
- In July 16, 2015, Leonard re-signed with the Spurs to a five-year, $90 million contract.
- He started for the West Team in the 2016 All-Star Game.
- In February 13, 2017, Leonard made 13 of 23 shots including two three-pointers and finished with 32 points, six rebounds and four steals in a 110–106 win over the Indiana Pacers.
- In April 15, 2017, Leonard matched his postseason high with 32 points in a 111–82 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series.