Amy Adams is an American actress. She has been featured three times in annual rankings of the highest paid actresses in the world. Her accolades include two Golden Globes and nominations for six Academy Awards and seven British Academy Film Awards. In 2014, she was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time and featured in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list.
Amy Lou Adams
R&B, Calypso, Doo-Wop, Popular Music, Pop
Decca Records, Walt Disney Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Amy Adams was born on the 20th of August 1974, in Vicenza, Veneto, Italy.
She’s currently 45 years old.
Beverly Hills, California, United States
She has English, German, Danish and Norwegian ancestry.
Adams attended Douglas County High School in Castle Rock, Colorado. She was not academically inclined but was interested in the creative arts and sang in the school choir.
- Father – Richard Kent (U.S. serviceman)
- Mother – Kathryn (née Hicken) Adams (Semi-professional bodybuilder)
- Siblings – She has four brothers and two sisters.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Adams has dated –
- Darren Le Gallo (2001-Present) – In 2001, Amy started dating actor and artist Darren Le Gallo. She met him for the first time during an acting class in 2001. Later, in April 2008, after dating for several years, the couple became engaged. Amy gave birth to the couple’s first child, daughter Aviana Olea Le Gallo in May 2010. The duo married in May 2015 in California.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Her portrayal in films like Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009), Man of Steel (2013), American Hustle (2013), Enchanted (2007), Julie & Julia (2009) and others.
Amy Adams made her big-screen debut in the 1999 black comedy Drop Dead Gorgeous, playing her role as Leslie Miller.
Although she didn’t release a full-fledged studio album to date, Amy has contributed to the soundtracks for some movies like Enchanted (2007), Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (2008) and 2011 movie The Muppets.
In 2000, Amy played the role as Kat Peterson in Fox’s period sitcom That ’70s Show in an episode titled Burning Down the House.
She has appeared in Lacoste’s fragrance line.
Amy Adams Favorites
- Favorite Actresses – Cate Blanchett, Rachel Weisz, Samantha Morton
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor – Strawberry Cheesecake
- Favorite Band – Gorillaz
- Favorite Broadway Musical – Man of La Mancha
- Favorite Food – Nachos
- Favorite Movies – The Apartment (1960), Vertigo (1958), Grease (1978)
- Favorite Disney Princess – Cinderella
- Favorite Song – That’s How You Know
- Favorite Animal – Amy’s Own Dog named, Pippy
Amy Adams Net worth
Amy Adams has a estimated net worth of $60 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Amy is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amy Adams
- Amy was active in singing during her time in high school.
- She had plans to take ballet dancing as her career.
- After completing her graduation, she also worked at Hooters restaurants as a hostess.
- She likes to read books.
- If given a chance, she would definitely like to work with French actress Audrey Tautou.
- She knows knitting and she learned it from veteran actress Meryl Streep.
- In 1999, Amy Adams decided to appear at the audition for the film Drop Dead Gorgeous and was successful in getting the role.
- In 2004, Adams bagged the role in the movie Junebug and although the movie wasn’t a typical big budget Hollywood film her role in the film was praised by the critics and she went on to win several awards.
- In 2008, Amy Adams was cast in the role of Sister James in the film Doubt which also starred the likes of Seymour Hoffman and Meryl Streep.
- In 2013, Amy Adams was a part of the ensemble cast of the film American Hustle and her role of a con artist earned her the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- In 2013, she launched the book The Beauty Book for Brain Cancer to help raise money for brain cancer charities Snog and Headrush.
- In April 2014, Time magazine placed her in their 100 Most Influential People in the World list.
- In 2015, she collaborated with Max Mara to design and promote a line of handbags.
- Forbes listed Adams to be among the highest-paid actresses in the world in 2014, 2016 and 2017, respectively.
- In 2020, Adams will star as an agoraphobic murder witness in Joe Wright’s The Woman in the Window, based on the mystery novel of the same name.