Alex O’Loughlin is an Australian actor, writer, director and producer. He played Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett on CBS’ remake of the TV series Hawaii Five-0. Alex had starring roles in the films Oyster Farmer and The Back-up Plan as well as on such television series as Moonlight and Three Rivers.
Actor, Writer, Director, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Alex O’Loughlin was born on the 24th of August 1976, in Canberra, Australia.
He’s currently 43 years old.
Alex has Irish and Scottish ancestry.
Alex enrolled at the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) in Sydney in 1999 and graduated in June 2002 after completing a three-year, full-time Bachelor of Dramatic Art program.
- Father – He is a physics and astronomy teacher.
- Mother – She is a nurse.
- Siblings – Jennifer O’Loughlin (Younger Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex O’Loughlin has dated –
- Holly Valance (2005-2009) – Alex first met actress and singer Holly Valance at their mutual female friend’s house. That particular friend had just moved into new house and Alex was helping her repair the place and Holly was visiting her. They regularly kept meeting at their friend’s house and eventually started going out. After dating for a couple of months, they moved in together. They went out for about four years, before going separate ways in February 2009 as confirmed by Daily Mail.
- Amber Clayton (2010-2011) – In 2010, Alex started dating actress Amber Clayton after having grown close while working in the Three Rivers TV series. He owned up to dating her in 2011 but refused to reveal too much as he didn’t want to put his new relationship under the strain of being in the spotlight and also he felt it was no one’s business.
- Jodhi Meares (2011) – In, 2011 Alex had a passing affair with model Jodhi Meares. Later, during GQ Australia Men of the Year Awards in November 2011, he clicked some pictures with her.
- Malia Jones (2014-Present) – O’Loughlin and Jones married in Hawaii on 18 April 2014. They and their three sons (O’Loughlin’s son, O’Loughlin and Jones’ son, and Jones’ son from her previous marriage) live in Hawaii
- In feet – 6 feet 0¾ inches
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 79 kg
- In Pounds – 174 lbs
- Measurements – 42–14–32
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 36 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Alex well known for his role of Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett in CBS action series, Hawaii Five-0. Alex also known for the role of protagonist in the CBS medical drama series, Three Rivers.
In 2004, Alex landed his first film role as Jack Flange in the romantic comedy/drama film, Oyster Farmer written and directed by Anna Reeves.
In 2003, Alex guest appeared in the Network Ten television series, White Collar Blue in which he played the role of Ian Mack.
Alex O’Loughlin has worked for several TV commercials brands such as One A Day, Toyota Automobiles, Infiniti Q50, CBS Cares, Typhoon Haiyan, Mitsubishi automobiles & Libra Tampons.
Alex O’Loughlin Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Nicole Kidman
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Alex O’Loughlin Net worth
Alex O’Loughlin has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Alex O’Loughlin
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alex O’Loughlin
- Alex nominated as Best Lead Actor in Television from the Australian Film Institute Awards.
- In his teenage years, Alex worked as a plumber for about 3 months. He rates it as his worst job.
- In his free time, he likes to play his guitar.
- Alex is proud of his fishing skills. He learned the technique to catch fly-fish, which is known as crack a whip in his childhood.
- In 2005, Alex played the role as Michael Carter in the crime-horror film, Feed directed by Brett Leonard.
- In 2007, he joined the cast of The Shield as Detective Kevin Hiatt, the newest member of the strike team.
- In 2009, Alex was cast in the lead role of the CBS hospital drama Three Rivers in which he played the role of Dr. Andy Yablonski.
- In 2010, Alex made his acting with the romantic comedy film, The Back-up Plan in which he played the role of Stan.