Virginie Efira is a Belgian-French actress and television presenter. Virginie got her first leading role in the romantic comedy It Boy. She subsequently received critical praise for her performance in the comedy-drama In Bed with Victoria, for which she received a Magritte Award for Best Actress as well as a César Award for Best Actress nomination.
Actress, TV Presenter, Writer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Virginie Efira was born on the 5th of May 1977, in Schaerbeek, Brussels, Belgium.
She’s currently 43 years old.
Virginie did her schooling and acquired the Certificate in Higher Secondary Studies in 1995. She attended the Higher National Institute for the Performing Arts (INSAS) in Brussels. Unfortunately, she did not complete the course. She tried again and joined the Belgian Royal Conservatoire in Brussels. Virginie managed to complete 2 years of the course before leaving it in 1998 to work as a host for a television show.
- Father – Andre Efira (Professor, Hematologist-oncologist)
- Mother – Carine Verelst (Beautician, Restorer)
- Siblings – Yorick Efrina (Younger Brother) (Professional Painter-sculptor), Eloise (Younger Sister) (Professional Rugby Player) and Edward (Younger Brother) (Builder)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Virginie Efira has dated –
- Patrick Ridremont (2002-2009) – In 2002, Virginie married Belgian actor and director Patrick. In 2005, they separated but the proceedings for divorce began only in 2009 when the actor offered her the divorce papers on the set of Panic In The Headset.
- Mabrouk El Mechri (2012-2014) – In 2008, Virginie and French director Mabrouk El Mechri met when he offered her the film Sage Femme. In 2012, they met again and fell in love. They were engaged for a while and have a daughter together named Ali (b. May 24, 2013). In 2014, they separated and share alternate and joint custody of their daughter.
- Niels Schneider (2016-Present) – Virginie is now in a relationship with Niels Schneider. She became a French citizen in 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Virginie known praise for her performance in the comedy-drama, In Bed with Victoria (2016), for which she received a Magritte Award for Best Actress as well as a César Award for Best Actress nomination.
In 2009, Virginie made her first film debut in the comedy movie, The Barons directed by Nabil Ben Yadir. The film was nominated for six Magritte Awards, winning Best Supporting Actor for Jan Decleir.
In 2002, Virginie made her first television show debut as a host on Star Academy. It is a highly successful television pop music talent contest with viewer voting and reality show elements.
Virginie Efira Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Movie – Mauvais Sang (1986), Vertigo (1958)
- Favorite Toy – A soft toy dog named Vevette
- Favorite Dessert – Chestnut Cream
Virginie Efira Net worth
Virginie Efira has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
She doesn’t have any personal social media account.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Virginie Efira
- Virginie has done a voice over for the character Mavis, daughter of the Dracula in the French dubbing of the hit animated film, Hotel Transylvania.
- Virginie received Cesar Award, Globe de Cristal Award and Lumières Award nominations in the Best Actress category for her performance in the film.
- She was a member of the jury for the 26th British Dinard Film Festival, held in Dinard, France.
- In 2011, Virginie next had a supporting role as a social worker in the comedy-drama My Worst Nightmare directed by Anne Fontaine.
- In 2012, Virginie made her theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Élisabeth Lacroixin the comedy-drama film, Dead Man Talking directed by Patrick Ridremont.
- In 2013, she starred alongside Pierre Niney in the romantic comedy It Boy about a 38-year-old woman and her relationship with a teenage boy.
- In 2015, she portrays role of Alicia with the romantic comedy film, Caprice written and directed by Emmanuel Mouret and starring Mouret, Virginie Efira, Anaïs Demoustier and Laurent Stocker.
- In 2016, Virginie starred in the romantic comedy-drama In Bed with Victoria about a single mom and criminal lawyer who goes through a midlife crisis.
- In 2017, Virginie played the role as Herself in the television series, Call My Agent!. It has been broadcast by France 2.
- In 2018, Virginie took on the leading role in the drama film, An Impossible Love directed by Catherine Corsini.