Tyson Beckford is an American model and actor best known as a Ralph Lauren Polo model. He was also the host of both seasons of the Bravo program Make Me a Supermodel. In 1990s, Beckford has been described as one of the most successful black male supermodels of all time, achieving fame and huge contracts similar to the female models that had huge success. As an actor, Tyson has made notable appearances in various films and television shows including Boricua’s Bond, Zoolander, Trois 2: Pandora’s Box, My Wife and Kids, and many more.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Tyson Beckford was born on the 19th of December 1970, in Rochester, New York, United States.
She’s currently 52 years old.
Mixed (Black and Asian)
He has Afro-Jamaican ancestry on his mother’s side and a combination of Afro-Jamaican and Chinese-Jamaican ancestry on his father’s side.
Tyson attended Pittsford Mendon High School.
- Father – Lloyd Beckford
- Mother – Hillary Dixon Hall
- Siblings – Shanique Beckford (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tyson Beckford has dated –
- April Roomet – In 1990, Tyson dated celebrity stylist April Roomet. The former couple had a son named Jordan Beckford who was born in 1998.
- Berniece Julien – In 2009, Beckford was married to entrepreneur Berniece Julien but the marriage did not last.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 89 kg
- In Pounds – 196 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Tyson became known as a Former Ralph Lauren Polo model and host of Bravo’s Make Me a Supermodel. Given his outstanding modeling background with top-billed brands dominating his list, he has since been dubbed as one of the most successful male supermodels of all time. His film credits include Into the Blue and Kings of the Evening.
In 2000, Beckford had his first film onscreen role in the movie Boricua’s Bond and he made his theatrical film debut as Lance Racine in the thriller movie Trois 2: Pandora’s Box in 2002.
In 2002, Tyson landed his first role in television by appearing as Hunter in the series, My Wife and Kids.
Tyson Beckford Net worth
Tyson Beckford has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Tyson Beckford
- Instagram – tysoncbeckford
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tyson Beckford
- Beckford was born in Rochester New York, Soon after he was born, his mother took the family back to Jamaica, where they lived for seven years before moving to Rochester, New York.
- During his school years, Tyson was often teased about his looks.
- In 1993, he was recruited as the front model for Ralph Lauren‘s Polo line of male sportswear.
- Beckford played on both his high school football and track teams before becoming a model.
- In 1995, Tyson was dubbed as “Man of the Year” by the cable television music channel VH1. Around the same time, he was also included in the list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” by People magazine.
- His favorite actor is Will Smith.
- He was ranked at #38 of the “40 Hottest Hotties of the ’90s” by VH1.
- In 2003, Beckford guested on ABC’s celebrity reality game show I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!.
- In September 2008, he went on to support the “National RESPECT! Campaign”, a campaign fight against domestic violence. Beckford recorded a voice message for its website where he spoke about the value of respect for others.
- In 2012, Beckford joined Fox’s dating game show The Choice. Beckford also appears as one of the hosts of the Anglo-Irish version of the hit reality show Next Top Model.
- Tyson is an ambassador for the non-profit organization called Kick 4 Life, an organization that uses the influence and power of soccer to connect the youth in holistic care and support in Lesotho.