Nowadays, the term PCOS or PCOD is no longer foreign to women. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or Disorder is faced by a lot of women in today’s world. There is nothing to be afraid of if you have already got this syndrome.
It is just that you can control it by making certain changes in your lifestyle, staying fit, and taking proper medications. You can buy PCOS tablets for PCOS treatment online after consulting your doctor. In addition, there are several natural ways through which you can start your PCOS treatment at your home itself.
What is PCOS/PCOD and its Effects on Our Body?
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a prevalent endocrine condition faced by women of reproductive age. When you develop such a condition, you start having ovarian cysts, irregular menstrual cycle, extensive hair fall, acne, and you become susceptible to weight gain. It is not precisely known why it happens, but insulin resistance and hormonal disturbances are the key factors responsible for the condition.
Getting adequate and quality sleep at night is essential for your body to fight against PCOS.
This syndrome or disorder directly affects a woman’s reproductive organs, especially the ovaries that produce estrogen and progesterone. Women with this condition produce higher levels of male hormones which creates a disturbance in the menstrual cycle. Thus making it harder for them to get pregnant.
You might also find lots of unwanted hair growth on your face and body because of it or even baldness. It should never be neglected. With the help of proper PCOS treatment, you can save yourself from chronic health issues like diabetes, high cholesterol, and heart diseases. This article will provide you with a brief idea about how you can safely start your PCOS treatment at your home.
PCOS Treatments at Home
There are several methods through which you will be able to treat your PCOS at home. Given below are some of the way to do that:
The first and foremost requirement for the proper treatment of PCOS/PCOD is to follow a wholesome diet with lots of fibers and green vegetables. You have to avoid altogether eating all sorts of processed and junk foods and foods containing excessive amounts of sugar. This is because a high amount of sugar can cause inflammation and insulin resistance.
- Cut down on excessive caffeine. Instead, take herbal tea.
- Balance your carbohydrates and increase protein intake.
- Add anti-inflammatory food items like olive oil, tomatoes, fatty fishes to your diet.
- Eat foods rich in iron like broccoli, eggs, spinach to your diet. It will supplement the heavy blood loss, which is quite common in PCOS. But always consult your doctor first before taking too much iron.
- Keep lots of almonds and nuts in your diet to increase your magnesium intake.
- Also include soy products like soy milk, tofu, miso in your diet for your PCOS treatment.
Supplements help in regulating your hormones and have anti-inflammatory properties in them. Here are a few of them that you can take:
- Inositol is a Vitamin B supplement that helps treat PCOS and is also helpful for retaining your fertility.
- Chromium supplements metabolize sugar and help in stabilizing insulin resistance.
- Cinnamon regulates your menstrual cycle.
- Turmeric acts as an anti-inflammatory agent in your PCOS treatment.
- Zinc helps in boosting your immunity and reduces unwanted hair growth and alopecia.
- Take Vitamin D and Calcium-rich supplements that would help in ovulation.
Consuming adaptogen herbs will regulate your hormonal levels and is also essential for your PCOS treatment. Some of them are:
- Holy Basil or Tulsi.
- Licorice Root.
- Maca Root.
Probiotic supplements can not only repair your gut lining but also regulate hormones like androgen and estrogen. It also reduces inflammation and thus plays an essential role in treating PCOS or PCOD.
Sleep Well at Night
There is probably no alternative to having a good sleep at night. Adequate sleep is an essential aspect of your PCOS treatment. In addition, it helps in reducing your stress levels.
Maintain a Healthy Weight
This is one of the essential aspects that need to be kept in mind by anyone with PCOS. Becoming obese is highly detrimental for PCOS. But, on the other hand, having a healthy weight will decrease insulin resistance and help regulate your menstrual cycle. It also reduces the other risk factors associated with this condition.
If you are overweight, you can follow a low-calorie diet to reduce your weight and gradually get back to having a fit and fine body.
Start Your Day with Moderate Exercises
The best way to reduce your weight is by following a healthy diet and doing moderate exercises. Do not start with some high-intensity exercises without consulting your doctor. Instead, you can begin with yoga and light aerobics. Swimming is also a great exercise to keep your body fit.
The condition of PCOS (PCOD) might look debilitating, but with the right attitude towards it, you can significantly improve the condition. With numerous home remedies or treatment options available, you can, by and large, overcome PCOS by making significant lifestyle changes alone.