Terry Crews is an American actor, comedian, activist, artist and former American football player. Crews played Julius Rock on the UPN/CW sitcom Everybody Hates Chris and Nick Kingston-Persons in the TBS sitcom Are We There Yet?. He previously hosted the game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and starred in the BET reality series The Family Crews.
Terry Alan Crews
Actor, Former NFL Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Terry Crews was born on July 30, 1968 in Flint, Michigan, United States.
He’s currently 50 years old.
Terry Crews went to the Flint Southwestern Academy in Michigan. Post that, he started attending the Interlochen Center for the Arts in Michigan on an art scholarship sponsored by Chrysler. He then got full-ride athletic scholarship and an Art Excellence scholarship to join the Western Michigan University from where he graduated in 1991 with a major in Arts.
- Father – Terry Crews Sr.
- Mother – Patricia Crews
- Siblings – Micki Crews (Sister)
- Others – Storm Ascher (Niece) (Actress)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Terry Crews has dated –
- Rebecca King (1990-Present) – Terry Crews got married to the gospel singer and former beauty queen Rebecca King in 1990. The couple has 4 children, daughters Azriel (b. 1990), Terra (b. 1999), Wynfrey (b. 2004) and son Isaiah (b. 2007).
- In feet – 6 feet 3¼ inches
- In centimeters – 191 cm
- In meters – 1.91 m
- In Kilograms – 111 kg
- In Pounds – 245 lbs
- Measurements – 50-19-37
- Chest – 50 inches
- Biceps – 19 inches
- Waist – 37 inches
He wears a size 14 (US) shoe.
Playing the defensive end and linebacker in the National Football League. Playing Terry Jeffords, NYPD officer in the TV show, Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
Terry Crews made his acting debut with the science fiction film The 6th Day as Vincent Bansworth in 2000 alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Terry landed his role as T-Money in the syndicated series Battle Dome from 1999 to 2001.
Terry has done endorsement work for Old Spice and Toyota.
Awards & Nominations
|2006||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Parental Unit||Everybody Hates Chris (Shared with: Tichina Arnold)||Nominated|
|NAACP Image Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series||Everybody Hates Chris||Nominated|
|2007||Everybody Hates Chris||Nominated|
|2008||Everybody Hates Chris||Nominated|
|2009||Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series||Everybody Hates Chris||Nominated|
|2011||Are We There Yet?||Nominated|
|2012||Are We There Yet?||Nominated|
|2013||Annie Awards||Outstanding Achievement in Voice Acting in an Animated Feature Production||Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2||Nominated|
|Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Brooklyn Nine-Nine||Nominated|
|2015||NAACP Image Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series||Brooklyn Nine-Nine||Nominated|
Terry Crews Favorites
- Favorite Book – The Magic of Thinking by David J. Schwartz
- Favorite Super Heroes – Luke Cage, Silver Surfer
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Video Game – Dragon Age Inquisition
- Favorite NFL Player – Arian Foster from Houston Texans
- Favorite Movies – Aliens (1986), Do the Right Thing (1989), The Pianist (2002)
- Favorite Food – Bread Pudding with Orange Butter Sauce
- Favorite Documentary – Roger & Me (1989)
- Favorite Animal – Dogs
- Favorite Yogurt – Mixed Berry
Terry Crews Net Worth
Terry Crews net worth is estimated to be $20 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Terry Crews
- While playing college football for Western Michigan Broncos, he was a standout player and even managed to win all-conference honors as a defensive end.
- In the 1991 NFL draft, he was picked by the Los Angeles Rams in the 11th round.
- Before becoming a professional football player, he used to work as a sketch artist for the local news stations.
- His career included stints with the Rams, the San Diego Chargers, the Washington Redskins, and the Philadelphia Eagles. He played six years in the NFL before retiring in 1997.
- In early days of his football career, he used to paint portraits of his football teammates to support himself and his family.
- After his retirement from NFL, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
- His first job in the entertainment industry was as a courtroom sketch artist in Flint, Michigan.
- He has also used his artistic skills to create a range of NFL-licensed lithographs for a sports memorabilia merchandising company.
- His breakout role came in Friday After Next starring Ice Cube, for whom Crews had previously worked as an on set bodyguard.
- He is an accomplished flautist.
- The 1975 film “The Apple Dumpling Gang” was the first movie he ever saw in his lifetime.
- Crews co-founded a design company called Amen&Amen, with fashion designer Nana Boateng.
- Visit his official website @ terrycrews.com.