Keanu Reeves is a Canadian actor, director, producer and musician. He gained fame for his starring role performances in several blockbuster films, including comedies from the Bill and Ted franchise, action thrillers Point Break, Speed and the John Wick franchise, psychological thriller The Devil’s Advocate, supernatural thriller Constantine and science fiction action series The Matrix.
Keanu Charles Reeves
The Wall, The One
Actor, Director, Producer, Musician
Alternative Rock, Grunge Rock
Bass Guitar, Vocals
Birthday / Date of Birth
Keanu Reeves was born on September 2, 1964, in Beirut, Lebanon.
He’s currently 54 years old.
His ancestry is Chinese, English, Irish, Native Hawaiian and Portuguese.
Keanu Reeves was enrolled at the Etobicoke School of the Arts. However, he was expelled from Etobicoke for behavioral problems. He also went to the De La Salle College. Post that, he joined Avondale Secondary Alternative School, where he was given permission to pursue an acting career while studying. However, he dropped out without completing high school education.
- Father – Samuel Nowlin Reeves, Jr. (Geologist)
- Mother – Patricia Taylor (Former Costume Designer and Performer)
- Siblings – Kim Reeves (Younger Sister), Karina Miller (Younger Maternal Half-Sister), Emma Reeves (Younger Paternal Half-Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Keanu Reeves has dated –
- Jill Schoelen (1986-1989) – Keanu started going out with actress Jill Schoelen in 1986. They had reportedly grown close while working in the movie, Babes in Toyland. They dated for little around three years before Jill got enamored with another Hollywood heartthrob, Brad Pitt. She even got engaged to him in 1989 for 3 months.
- Sofia Coppola (1991-1992) – Reeves started going out with screenwriter Sofia Coppola in 1991. It was reported that they had met on the sets of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, which was directed by Sofia’s father Francis Ford Coppola and Keanu was cast in an important role. During the course of their relationship, she was often spotted on the rear seat of his bike, cruising around in Hollywood. They broke up after being together for little under a year in 1992.
- Sandra Bullock (1993) – Reeves had hooked up with actress Sandra Bullock while they were working in the movie, Speed. Although they went out for a very brief time, they have remained close friends over the years. In November 2011, after the collapseof her marriage with Jesse James, Bullock had found solace in Keanu’s arms. The rumors of their link up were further fanned after they were spotted on a dinner date at Craig’s Restaurant in Los Angeles.
- Amanda De Cadenet (1996-1997) – Keanu started dating controversial British beauty Amanda De Cadenet in 1996. Their first public appearance was at the premiere of the play, Four Dogs and a Bone. She also took a flight out to New Zealand where Reeves was performing with his band, Dogstar. Later, they were pictured sitting outside a café in Beverly Hills.
- Jennifer Syme (1998-2000) – Keanu’s relationship with actress Jennifer Syme was probably the hardest he had ever had. He met her at a party in 1998 and instantly fell in love with her. Within a year of the start of their relationship, she was pregnant with his child. In January 2000, she gave birth to a stillborn baby (named Ava Archer Syme-Reeves). Syme suffered from deep postnatal depression and Reeves also struggled with his own grief. They broke up some weeks later but remained close. In April 2001, Reeves had to endure another heartbreak as Syme was killed in an accident.
- Rachael Jones (2001) – Keanu had a whirlwind romance with regular English girl Rachael Jones in Sydney. They had met at a small bar, Tatler in Sydney’s harbor side area. He went to her room after leaving the bar at around 3 am and he ended up staying in her modest apartment. Thereafter, they seemed inseparable as they were often spotted at exclusive restaurants and bars in Sydney. She was also pictured in his hotel room’s balcony. Their relationship ended by the end of the year as he returned to Los Angeles and she got back to Birmingham in England.
- Autumn Macintosh (1990’s and 2004) – Reeves first started dating actress Autumn Macintosh in the early 1990’s. They were reported to have got back together in May 2004. In August, he had proposed to her in a small Los Angeles based restaurant. However, Keanu scoffed at these reports.
- Claire Forlani (2004-2006) – Keanu reportedly started dating actress Claire Forlani in 2004. In 2006, it was even alleged that Keanu had proposed to her, which ultimately turned out to be a false rumor. The same year they decided to go separate ways. However, they remained on good terms over the years.
- Lynn Collins (2005) – In 2005, Reeves was reported to be going out with actress Lynn Collins. They had started dating during the first half of the year and went out for three months before he dumped her for Diane Keaton.
- Diane Keaton (2005) – Keanu had first met Diane Keaton on the sets of the movie, Something’s Gotta Give. The rumors of them dating started circulating in August 2005 after Diane was spotted visiting his home late at night on several occasions.
- Hallie Meyers-Shyer – Keanu’s relationship with Hallie Meyers-Shyer was exposed in October 2007 after they were spotted kissing in New York City after grabbing lunch at French bistro Pastis. It was later revealed that Hallie’s mother was Nancy Meyer, who was Something’s Gotta Give director. It was also alleged that they had been dating since 2005.
- Martha Higareda (2007) – Reeves was linked up with young Mexican actress Martha Higareda in April 2007 after they were pictured out on a date at Moscow restaurant in Los Angeles.
- Winona Ryder (2008) – Keanu first met Winona Ryder in 1992 while working in the horror thriller, Bram Stoker’s Dracula. They were reported to be in a relationship by mid-2008. It was claimed that they had fallen in love while working on the new movie, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee. She was also spotted at the bachelor pad in New York City.
- Parker Posey (2008) – By the start of 2008, Keanu was going out with Parker Posey. These dating rumors were sparked by their date at a swanky Los Angeles restaurant in February. They dated for about 6 months before going separate ways by the end of the year.
- China Chow (2008) – Keanu was reported to have hooked up with British actress China Chow in 2008. In June, first, they were pictured frolicking on a beach in French Riviera. Chow was topless and he was shirtless. A day later, they were spotted having lunch in Sanremo along the Mediterranean coast of Italy.
- Trinny Woodall (2008) – Towards the end of 2008, Keanu was linked up with British TV presenter Trinny Woodall after she was pictured on the back seat of his bike while cruising around in LA. They had reportedly met through mutual friend, British artist Amanda Eliasch.
- Cameron Diaz (2009) – Keanu started dating actress and model Cameron Diaz in August 2009. They were spotted out on a date in Los Angeles and after the date, they were pictured heading to a cinema. They had previously worked together for 1996 release, Feeling Minnesota.
- Charlize Theron (2010) – In May 2010, Keanu was in a relationship with South African beauty Charlize Theron. After having a dinner at upscale eatery Bouchon, they were pictured hugging and kissing outside Beverly Hills restaurant.
- In feet – 6 feet 1¼ inches
- In centimeters – 186 cm
- In meters – 1.86 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
- Measurements – 43-14-35
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Being cast in the leading role in the action and sci-fi movie trilogy The Matrix. Having been cast in the lead role in several blockbusters and critically acclaimed movies such as The Devil’s Advocate, Speed and Point Break.
Reeves was a member of the alternative rock band, Dogstar since its formation in 1991 to its breakup in 2002. He served as a backup vocalist and bass guitarist for the band. He even used to tour with the band to Europe, United States and Asia. They released their debut studio album, Our Little Visionary in 1996 in association with Zoo Entertainment.
In 1985, Keanu made his first film appearance in the Canadian crime movie, One Step Away.
In 1984, Reeves had his first television appearance in a Canadian drama and comedy sitcom, Hangin’ In, in an episode titled “Happiness is a Warm Grover episode.”
He has done endorsement work for Coco Cola, Kellogg;s Corn Flakes and Suntory Reserve Whiskey.
Keanu Reeves Favorites
- Favorite Filmmakers – Stanley Kubrick, David Lean, Frank Capra, Martin Scorsese
- Favorite Breakfast – Oatmeal with Honey, Frosted Flakes with Cold Milk, Plain Chocolate with Cappuccino, Toast with Apricot Jam or Bacon with Sliced Banana with Maple Syrup
- Favorite Childhood Books – “Count of Monte Christo”by Alexander Dumas, “The Lord of the Rings” by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Favorite Movies – Stroszek (1977), A Clockwork Orange (1971), Apocalypse Now (1979), Taxi Driver (1976), Enter the Dragon (1973), Fist of Legend (1994), Tai Chi Master (1993)
- Favorite Teenage Books – “The Idiot” by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, “Notes from Underground” by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, “The Brothers Karamazov” by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Favorite Adulthood Books – “In Search of Lost Time” by Marcel Proust, “Cosmopolis” by Don Delillo and “The Rabbit Series” by John Updike
- Favorite Beer – Pilsner or Guinness
- Favorite Fictional Technology – Time Machine
- Favorite Real Technology – Printing Press, Electricity
- Favorite Acting Inspirations – Peter O’Toole
Keanu Reeves Net worth
Reeves has a net worth of about $350 million dollars as of 2019. He resides in the Hollywood Hills area, Los Angeles, California.
Social Media Profiles
The actor is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Keanu Reeves
- His first name means “cool breeze over the mountains” in Hawaiian.
- While growing up, he was diagnosed with dyslexia, which severely affected his education development in the school.
- Reeves started his professional acting debut at a very young age, appearing in theatre productions. His first performance was in Damn Yankees.
- He decided that he wanted to become an actor at the age of 15 after he was cast in the Romeo and Juliet play in the 10th grade.
- In 1995, People magazine picked him as one of the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- In 1995, Reeves played ice hockey for the California Senior Hockey League.
- In 1997, the UK edition of the Empire magazine had him at 23rd position in the list featuring “Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time”.
- In school, he excelled in sports over academics. He was MVP on his high school hockey team, where he was a goalie.
- He was offered a paycheck of $11 million to reprise his lead role in Speed 2: Cruise Control. It was the highest paycheck at that time. However, he turned it down in favor of touring with his band and playing the lead role in Winnipeg based production of Hamlet.
- He got trained in martial arts for several months and learned over 200 martial arts moves for The Matrix film series.
- In 2002, he was appointed as a spokesperson for the Australian National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF).
- He received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on January 31, 2005.
- In 2007, he was ranked #28 on Empire magazine’s “100 Sexiest Stars in film history”.
- He has co-founded the production company, Company Films. His production house was one of the backers of his movie, Henry’s Crime.
- In 2012, he collaborated with Los Angeles based builder Gard Hollinger to start the motorcycle company by the name of “Arch Motorcycles”, which started building its own prototype motorcycles.