Sonakshi Sinha is an Indian film actress. She is the daughter of actors Shatrughan Sinha and Poonam Sinha. After working as a costume designer in her early career, Sinha made her acting debut in the action drama film Dabangg, which won her all the Debut awards including the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
Sona, Shotgun Junior
Actress, Singer, Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sonakshi Sinha was born on 2th June 1987, in Patna, Bihar, India.
She is currently 35 years old.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sonakshi completed her schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir in Mumbai and graduated in fashion designing from Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University (SNDT), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Father – Shatrughan Sinha (Actor, Politician)
- Mother – Poonam Sinha (née Chandiramani) (Actress)
- Siblings – Luv Sinha (Older Twin Brother) (Actor), Kush Sinha (Older Twin Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sonakshi Sinha dated –
- Arjun Kapoor – In 2014, Sonakshi started dating her Tevar co-star Arjun Kapoor. They broke up after dating a year.
- Zaheer Iqbal – Sinha is currently in a relationship with Zaheer Iqbal, who has acted with her in the film Double XL (released in 2022), who confirmed their relationship by a social media post.
- In feet – 5 feet 5¾ inches
- In centimeters – 167 cm
- In meters – 1.67 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 35-27-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 33D
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
In 20101, Sonakshi made her acting debut with the film Dabangg starring alongside Salman Khan.
Once she was linked to a leaked MMS, which had gone viral on WhatsApp. However, it was a proved to be a fake video.
Sonakshi Sinha Favourites
- Favorite Actor – Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi, Rekha, Rani Mukerji
- Favorite Food – Thai, Chinese
- Favorite Book – The Da Vinci Code, Shantaram
- Favorite Film Director – Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Favorite Music – Rock, Acid-Jazz, Hip-Hop, House and Bollywood
- Favorite Comedian – Russell Peters
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Paris, London
- Favorite Fashion Brands – Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Narendra Kumar, Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis
- Favorite Colors – Yellow, Green
Sonakshi Sinha Net worth
Sonakshi has an estimated net worth of $12 million and gets a whopping $5 crore as salary for every movie. Many of her movies have cranked up at the box offices and nevertheless, this unmatched beauty is bankable actress in Bollywood though. She owns a BMW 5 Series GT and a BMW 550i Gran Turismo. She lives in a lavish multi-storey apartment in Mumbai with her family. The house is now estimated more than Rs 13 crore.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonakshi Sinha
- She is a left hander.
- Sonakshi uses occasional ‘Multani Mitti Packs’ (Fuller’s Earth; It is a cleansing mask) and fresh Aloe Vera as the home recipes for a fresh and glowing skin.
- She hates lip gloss.
- Her mother, Poonam is a former Miss Young India (1968).
- She drinks a lot of water to keep her skin fresh.
- She believes in false eyelashes, as they make her glamorous instantly.
- Before becoming a successful actress, she used to work as a costume designer.
- Her mother Poonam Sinha and Rekha are her beauty icons.
- She has starred in a one-minute video PSA, urging everyone to adopt animals and have them sterilised.
- Sinha is a professed animal lover, and she had posed for a PETA campaign advocating the adoption and sterilization of dogs and cats.
- Earlier, she was overweight, but she lost 30 kg for the demand of her debut film Dabangg (2010).
- Sonakshi always carries with her in her bag – Inglot Coral Blush and Coral Lipstick – 401, M.A.C transparent mascara, MaX factor water-proof mascara, Chanel Matt Lumiere no. 50, Revlon Kohl pencil.
- Sonakshi uses Olive Oil and Coconut Oil for an occasional head massage, which also helps her in better blood circulation.
- In 2015, she appeared in Boney Kapoor’s remake of Okkadu, titled Tevar, opposite Arjun Kapoor.
- In 2019, Sinha was cast in drama film Mission Mangal, which featured an ensemble cast, including Akshay Kumar, Vidya Balan and Taapsee Pannu.