Ruby Rose is an Australian model, actress and television presenter. Rose came to attention as a presenter on MTV Australia followed by several high profile modelling gigs, notably as the face of Maybelline New York in Australia. In addition, she has co-hosted various television shows, most notably Australia’s Next Top Model and The Project on Network Ten. Rose pursued a career in acting from 2008 on wards. She had a small role in the drama Around the Block and came to global attention for her role in season three of the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black. She has also had large roles in the action films Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, xXx: Return of Xander Cage and John Wick: Chapter 2 and has co-starred in the musical comedy Pitch Perfect 3 and the monster film The Meg.
Ruby Rose Langenheim
Model, Television Presenter, Actress, Recording Artist, DJ
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ruby Rose was born on 20 March 1986, in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
She’s currently 33 years old.
Rose attended University High School and then Footscray City College in Melbourne.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Katia Langenheim (Artist)
- Siblings – Unknown
Ruby Rose is signed with Radius Entertainment (TMA).
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ruby Rose dated –
- Lola Van Vorst – Ruby was in a short-lived relationship with Australia’s Next Top Model contestant, Lola Van Vorst.
- Lyndsey Anne McMillan – After her relationship with Lola Van Vorst ended, Ruby was linked with another model, Lyndsey Anne McMillan. These two were briefly engaged and despite their plan on getting married, they split up in 2009.
- Jessica Origliasso (2008; 2016-2018) – In 2008, Rose and singer Jessica Origliasso were an item. They reunited and started dating again in November 2016 when they were shooting the video for The Veronicas’ “On Your Side” song. They again called time off in March 2018 which was revealed by Ruby on April 1, 2018, via Instagram.
- Catherine McNeil (2009-2010) – In 2009, after her relationship with Lyndsey McMillan ended, Ruby was seen kissing with the Australian fashion model, Catherine McNeil during a local pool party. Later in 2010, Ruby reported that she had engaged with Catherine. However, their engagement didn’t last long and they called it off on July 2, 2010.
- Demi Lovato (2013) – In 2013, Ruby and American singer Demi Lovato were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other.
- Phoebe Dahl (2014-2015) – Ruby got engaged to the American fashion designer, Phoebe Dahl who is the cousin of model Sophie Dahl in March 2014. The couple called off their engagement amicably in December 2015.
- Halsey (2015) – In December 2015, singer Halsey and Ruby were an item.
- Harley Gusman (2016) – From June to August 2016, Ruby dated Harley Gusman who at the time was the head of marketing and Vice-President at skincare company Truly Organic.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
In 2013, Ruby Rode first landed a supporting role in the Australian drama film, Around the Block, alongside Christina Ricci and Jack Thompson. Some of her notable films include Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, xXx: Return of Xander Cage and John Wick: Chapter 2. She’ll be next seen in the films such as Pitch Perfect 3 and Meg.
From 2007 to 2001, Ruby worked as a VJ in MTV Australia and later on went on to appear in several shows and series including Australia’s Next Top Model, The Project, Ultimate School Musical, Orange Is the New Black, and Lip Sync Battle.
In January 2012, Rose released her first single “Guilty Pleasure” with Gary Go.
Rose has been face of Urban Decay Cosmetics since March 2016. She has appeared in commercials for Nike. She is the face of Maybelline New York in Australia.
- Ruby has several tattoos over her body including her sleeve on the right arm.
- Very specific eye color.
Awards & Nominations
|2009||ASTRA Awards||Favourite Female Personality||Herself||Won|
|2015||British LGBT Awards||Celebrity Rising Star||Herself||Nominated|
|2015||GQ Australia||Woman of the Year||Herself||Won|
|2016||British LGBT Awards||Celebrity of the Year||Herself||Nominated|
|2016||GLAAD Media Awards||Stephen F. Kolzak Award||Herself||Won||Honored at 27th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.|
|2016||Glamour Awards||NEXT Breakthrough||Herself||Nominated|
|2017||Australian LGBTI Awards||Celebrity of the Year||Herself||Won|
Ruby Rose Favorites
- Favorite Color – blue
Ruby Rose Net worth
Rose has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019. She makes money from modeling, acting, brand endorsements, television appearances and other business activities.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ruby Rose
- She was raised by a single mother, and there’s no details about her father.
- In 2002, Rose joined the Girlfriend model search, which brought her to the media spotlight.
- In 2009, Rose won the ASTRA Award for Favorite Female Personality.
- In 2010, she joined hands with the Australian fashion label Milk and Honey to design a capsule fashion line.
- She has appeared on the covers of several renowned magazines, including Vogue Australia, InStyle Magazine, Marie Claire Magazine, Cleo, Cosmopolitan, Maxim, Nylon and New York’s Inked Magazine.
- In October 2015, Rose hosted the 2015 MTV Europe Music Awards alongside Ed Sheeran in Milan.
- Because of her being a lesbian, Ruby Rose suffered verbal taunts and physical abuse from her schoolmates and was also sexually abused as a child by a relative.
- In 2017, PETA named her one of three “Sexiest Vegans”.
- Ruby was raised by a single mother.
- Ruby hosted Australia’s Next Top Model and The Project.
- In 2010, Rose was linked to the Australian fashion house Milk and Honey who designed a fashion line which embodied her unique personality and style. The collection was given the name Milk and Honey Designed by Ruby Rose.
- In 2014, Ruby started working with the American designer, Phoebe Dahl. These two created a street-wear for their clothing line Faircloth Lane.
- Rose has won the 2009 ASTRA Award for Favorite Female Personality.
- She has appeared in Talkin’ Bout Your Generation (2009). She represented Generation Y together with the well-known comedian, Josh Thomas.
- As a part of the campaign “I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur,” she has shown all of her tattoos in the men’s magazine, Maxim Australia.
- Because of her being a lesbian, Ruby suffered from constant torture by her schoolmates which later led to a suicide attempt.
- Ruby suffers from bipolar disorder and clinical depression.
- At a young age, Rose wanted to be a boy and she was saving money to change her gender and make a physical transition from female to male.
- She is gender fluid.
- She has a total of 30 tattoos.