Rory John Gates is an American poet and media personality best known as the son of the billionaire Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft and his wife Melinda Gates, a philanthropist. He was also the 2nd-born child and the 1st son in his family, born 3 years after his older sister Jennifer Katharine Gates and 3 years before the birth of his youngest sister, Phoebe Adele Gates.
Bill taught him his 1st poetry lesson and Rory released his 1st poem titled Physics of Light through his father’s website in April 2010. He thought about the poem while on a mutual vacation and it ended up consisting of 7 lines that formed a diamond shape on a page.
Rory John Gates
Poet, Media Personality
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rory John Gates was born on the 23rd of May 1999, in Seattle, Washington, United States.
He’s currently 20 years old.
Medina, Washington, United States
He is of English, German, and Irish/Scots-Irish descent.
Rory attended an elite private school, Lakeside School in Seattle, Washington, United States.
- Father – William “Bill” Henry Gates III (Entrepreneur, Co-Founder of Microsoft, Philanthropist, Programmer, Inventor, Investor, Businessman)
- Mother – Melinda Ann (née French) Gates (Former General Manager at Microsoft, Philanthropist)
- Siblings – Jennifer Katharine Gates (Older Sister) (Social Media Star, Medical Student, Equestrian Athlete), Phoebe Adele Gates (Younger Sister) (Student)
- Relatives – William Henry Gates II (Paternal Grandfather) (Former Lawyer, Philanthropist), Mary Ann (Maxwell) Gates (Paternal Grandmother) (Businesswoman), Raymond Joseph French Jr. (Maternal Grandfather) (Aerospace Engineer), Elaine Agnes Amerland (Maternal Grandmother) (Homemaker), William Henry Gates I (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Furniture Store Owner), Lillian Elizabeth Rice (Paternal Great-Grandmother), James Willard Maxwell (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Banker), Adele/Adelle Thompson (Paternal Great-Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rory John Gates has dated –
Rory has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 181 cm
- In meters – 1.81 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 141 lbs
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Being the only son of Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft and his wife Melinda, author and philanthropist.
Rory John Gates Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Rory John Gates Net worth
Rory John Gates has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Rory is not active on social media currently.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rory John Gates
- Rory has a close relationship with his father and he also learned his first lessons on poetry from his father.
- He’s a feminist according to his mom and is very supportive of the idea of gender equality and openly discusses it with his siblings and even friends.
- He wasn’t allowed to use a phone till he was 13, his parents thought it wise to let him concentrate on his studies instead of the internet.
- His dad, Bill promised to donate a majority of his wealth to charity because he wants his children to make their own wealth and not be spoilt. It was speculated that Rory and his sisters inheritance was between $10 and $20 million each.
- Rory was described by his mom as compassionate, curious, intelligent, well-read and deeply informed about the wide range of issues that interest him.
- He was raised modestly and given pocket money for doing his part of the household chores. His parents believed that both he and his sisters should be held to the same standard of keeping their rooms clean, taking the trash out, washing the dishes etc.
- In May 2018, his parents bought a home in Chicago, Illinois, United States for $1.25 million. It was located just across the street of Hyde Park campus of the University of Chicago, which led the media to believe that Rory would attend that exact college as he was of appropriate age.