Rick Rubin is an American record producer. He is the co-founder (alongside Russell Simmons) of Def Jam Recordings, founder of American Recordings, and former co-president of Columbia Records. Rubin helped popularise hip hop by producing records for acts such as the Beastie Boys, Geto Boys, Run-DMC, Public Enemy, and LL Cool J. In 2007, Rubin was called the most important producer of the last 20 years by MTV and was named on Time‘s list of the “100 Most Influential People in the World”.
Frederick Jay Rubin
Record producer, Keyboard Player, Singer, Rapper
Hip hop, Alternative Rock, Heavy Metal, Country
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
Def Jam, American, Columbia, Warner Bros
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rick Rubin was born on the 10th of March 1963, in Long Beach, New York,, United States.
He’s currently 60 years old.
Rick attended the Long Beach High School in New York.
- Father – Michael Rubin (Shoe wholesaler)
- Mother – Linda
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rick Rubin has dated –
- Mourielle Hurtado Herrera ( 2010–Present) – Rubin began dating former actress and model Mourielle Hurtado Herrera. In 2010, and they were married at an unknown date. They have a son named Ra (born February 2017) and reside in Malibu, California.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 158 lbs
Dark Brown (Natural)
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Rick became known as DJ Double R. He has successfully worked with some of the biggest names of the music industry, such as Aerosmith, Neil Diamond, AC/DC, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Ed Sheeran, Adele, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shakira, The Black Crowes among others.
In 1982, a Hose track became Def Jam’s first release, a 45 rpm 7″ vinyl single in a brown paper bag, and no label. The band played in and around the NYC punk scene, toured the Midwest and California, and played with seminal hardcore bands like Meat Puppets, Hüsker Dü, Circle Jerks, Butthole Surfers, and Minor Threat, becoming friends with Fugazi frontman and Dischord Records owner Ian MacKaye.
In 1985, Rubin had his first film onscreen role in the movie Krush Groove.
Rick Rubin Net worth
Rick Rubin has an estimated net worth of $300 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rick Rubin
- Rubin was born into a Jewish family in Long Beach.
- During his senior year of high school, Rubin founded Def Jam Recordings using the school’s four-track recorder. He moved on to form the band Hose, influenced by San Francisco’s Flipper.
- Rubin had originally given his new label the name “Def American Recordings”.
- He was a vegan for over 20 years, but later began eating meat again.
- Rick is a fan of professional wrestling and held season tickets to WWE events at Madison Square Garden throughout the 1970s and 1980s.
- In 1993, he found that the word “def” had been accepted into the standardised dictionary and held an actual funeral for the word, complete with a casket, a grave, celebrity mourners and a eulogy from The Reverend Al Sharpton.
- In May 2007, Rubin was named co-head of Columbia Records. He co-produced Linkin Park’s album Minutes to Midnight with Mike Shinoda.
- Rubin’s biggest trademark as a producer has been a “stripped-down” sound, which involves eliminating production elements such as string sections, backup vocals, and reverb, and instead having naked vocals and bare instrumentation.
- Rick has been a major influence on the world of music for almost 40 years.
- In 2012, Rubin left Columbia, and revived the American Recordings imprint through a deal with Republic Records. The first albums released under this new deal were ZZ Top’s La Futura and The Avett Brothers’ The Carpenter.