Adele is an English singer and songwriter. Adele was given a recording contract by XL Recordings after a friend posted her demo on Myspace the same year. In 2007, she received the Brit Awards “Critics’ Choice” award and won the BBC Sound of 2008 poll. Her debut album, 19, was released in 2008 to commercial and critical success. It is certified seven times platinum in the UK, and three times platinum in the US. The album contains her first song, “Hometown Glory”, written when she was 16, which is based on her home suburb of West Norwood in London. An appearance she made on Saturday Night Live in late 2008 boosted her career in the US. At the 51st Grammy Awards in 2009, Adele received the awards for Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
Adele Laurie Blue Adkins
Soul, Pop, R&B
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Bass Guitar, Piano
XL, Columbia Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Adele was born on 5 May 1988, in Tottenham, North London, England, UK.
She is currently 30 years old.
Adele graduated from BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology in Croydon in May 2006.
- Father – Mark Evans (Welshman)
- Mother – Penny Adkins (English)
- Siblings – Cameron Evans (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Adele has dated –
- Simon Konecki (2012- Present)– In January 2012, she started dating charity entrepreneur, Simon Konecki. As of now, the couple has one baby. She gave birth to a baby boy on October 19, 2012, named Angelo James Konecki. This is the first child of Adele but the second one for Simon, as he also has a daughter from his ex-wife.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 85 kg
- In Pounds – 187 lbs
- Measurements – 40-32-42
- Bust – 40 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
- Hip – 42 inches
- Bra Size – 36D
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 16 (US).
She is widely known for her albums, 19 and 21, respectively.
Adele released her debut studio album, 19, which was named after her age while recording it, which charted at number one on British charts. The album’s lead singles, “Hometown Glory” and “Chasing Pavements” peaked at number one on various musical charts eventually she became overnight sensation.
In 2012, she made a cameo appearance in the film, Katy Perry: Part of Me.
She appeared in American late-night live television sketch comedy and variety show, Saturday Night Live as Musical Guest for just 1 episode “Josh Brolin/Adele” in 2008.
- Favorite People – Beyonce, Mary J. Blige
- Favorite Band – Spice Girls
Adele Net worth
Adele’s overall net worth is estimated to be $140 million dollars as of 2019. Her main source of income includes, music sales and world tours. She has made around $80 million US dollars last year from her third album, 25 and world tours alone. The same year, she also allegedly signed a record breaking $140 million with a reputed label. The astounding singer purchased a plush mansion in Sussex, England for $11 million. She also bought a luxury mansion in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles of worth $9.5 million last summer. The houses features four bedrooms, six bathrooms, a tree house and a large outdoor pool. Adele was seen cruising in around in a Volkswagen Sharan and also owns a Cayenne, manufactured by Porsche.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Adele
- Adele was raised by her single mother as her father left when she was two.
- Her voice is listed as a contralto, which is a type of classical female singing voice whose vocal range is the lowest female voice type.
- She is an icon for the LGBT community.
- Adele has performed in numerous charity concerts throughout her career.
- She supports Labour Party, which is UK’s political party.
- Adele has received various awards including nine Brit Awards, an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, fifteen Grammy Awards, eighteen Billboard Music Awards, five American Music Awards and two Ivor Novello Awards for Songwriter of the Year.
- In May 2012, during Ivor Novello Awards, she was named as “Songwriter of the Year”.
- In 2012, Billboard announced Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” as the biggest crossover hit of the past 25 years, topping pop, adult pop and adult contemporary charts.
- In 2013, she was made a Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE) in recognition of her services to music.
- In February 2013, by Woman’s Hour on BBC Radio 4, she was evaluated as one of the 100 most powerful women of UK.
- In 5 June 2018, New Musical Express reported that Adele was working on her fourth studio album, with an expected release date of December 2019.
- Visit her official website @ adele.com.