Melanie Martinez is an American singer and songwriter. She subsequently rose to prominence in 2012 after appearing on the American television vocal talent show The Voice. Following the show, she released her debut single titled “Dollhouse”. Signing to Atlantic Records, she released her debut EP, also named Dollhouse. Martinez later released her debut studio album, Cry Baby.
Melanie Adele Martinez
Singer, Songwriter, Music Video Producer, Photographer
Electropop, Indie Pop, Alternative Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele
Birthday / Date of Birth
Melanie Martinez was born on 28 April 1995, in Astoria, Queens, New York, United States.
She is currently 24 years old.
She has Puerto Rican and Dominican ancestry.
Melanie attended Plaza Elementary School in Baldwin, New York. Later, she enrolled at the Baldwin High School where she learned guitar by herself by studying chord diagrams of songs that she enjoyed, which she found online. She credited her elementary school teacher for teaching her how to sing and while at kindergarten, she learned to write poetry that inspired her to write songs on her own.
- Father – Murcy Martinez
- Mother – Jose Martinez
- Siblings – Joseph Martinez
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie Martinez has dated –
- Michael Keenan (2015-Present) – In mid-2015, Melanie started dating music producer Michael Keenan. She confirmed her relationship via Twitter in February 2016. Michael also keeps posting about their relationship on Instagram.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 46 kg
- In Pounds – 101.5 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-32
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 32 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Her first album “Cry Baby” and reaching the top 6 in the singing talent show The Voice.
Melanie debuted with Cry Baby which was released on August 14, 2015. It reached #6 on Billboard 200 and was certified as “Platinum” in U.S.
Melanie hasn’t appeared in a theatrical film yet.
In 2012, Melanie was seen as a contestant on the singing reality competition The Voice where she finished in top 6. She auditioned there by singing Britney Spears’s “Toxic” song.
With cosmetics company, Lime Crime, Inc., Melanie has released two lipsticks named, Cry Baby and Teddy Bear in 2015 and 2016 respectively. In October 2016, she appeared in the “Cry Baby Perfume Milk” commercial.
Melanie Martinez Favorites
- Favorite Food – Chocolate, Choco Chip Cookies
- Favorite TV Show – American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Favorite Singer – Muddy Waters
- Favorite Painters – Mark Ryden, Nicoletta Ceccoli, Aleksandra Waliszewska
- Favorite Body Tattoo – Bunny on the forearm
- Favorite Movie – Beetlejuice (1988)
- Favorite Book – Go Ask Alice (By Beatrice Sparks)
- Favorite Album – The Idler Wheel… (By Fiona Apple)
- Favorite Horror Film – The Shining (1980)
Melanie Martinez Net worth
Melanie Martinez has made a huge net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019. Most of her earnings result from singing, music sales, tours, television appearances and brand endorsements.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Melanie Martinez
- Instagram – littlebodybigheart
- Twitter – Melanie Martinez
- YouTube Channel – melanie martinez
Some Lesser Known Facts About Melanie Martinez
- It was her grandmother who inspired her to singing.
- As a kid, she was very emotional and not social, so preferred to stay at home.
- She is afraid of dark from her childhood.
- She learned how to play guitar by herself at 14.
- Melanie drinks occasionally and smoke marijuana to calm down before shows.
- Melanie is crazy about tattoos, and she has quite a few tattoos on her body including two hearts one pink and the other blue, and a slice of cheese within a red lacy heart on her arms.
- Her hair is naturally dark brown, and she started dying her hair with different colors since she was 16.
- Melanie is scared of bees.
- In 2015, she teamed up with the cosmetic company, “Lime Crime” to launch two exclusive lipstick products. The blue shade is called ‘Cry Baby’ and the brown shade lipstick is named ‘Teddy Bear’.
- In October 2016, she launched her own line of fragrance called ‘Cry Baby Perfume Milk’ which was later distributed by her record label ‘Atlantic Records’, making it the first label to ever distribute a perfume.
- Melanie is currently working on a film that will go along with all of the songs from her second album.
- In December 4, 2017, Martinez has been accused of sexual assault and rape by her ex-friend, Timothy Heller via Twitter. The following day, Martinez tweeted a response to Heller’s accusations, saying Heller “never said no” to any actions.
- Some of her popular music videos on YouTube are Dollhouse, Pity party, Alphabet Boy, Carousel, Pacify Her, Cry Baby, to name a few.
- Visit her official website @ melaniemartinezmusic.com.