Rachel Nichols is an American actress and model. Rachel began modeling while attending Columbia University in New York City in the late 1990s and transitioned into acting by the early 2000s; she had a part in the romantic drama Autumn in New York and a one-episode role in the fourth season of Sex and the City.
Rachel first major role was in the comedy Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd and she went on to achieve wider recognition playing Rachel Gibson in the final season of the action television series Alias and for her role in the horror film The Amityville Horror.
Rachel Emily Nichols
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rachel Nichols was born on the 8th of January 1980, in Augusta, Maine, United States.
She’s currently 40 years old.
Rachel has English and French-Canadian ancestry on her father’s side and Italian, German, Northern Irish and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Rachel studied at Cony High School in Augusta, Maine. Later, she went on to study Economics and Psychology as well as Drama, graduating from Columbia University in New York. She also attained a double major in the subject of mathematics and economics.
- Father – Jim Nichols (School Teacher)
- Mother – Alison Nichols
- Siblings – Hunter J Nichols (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Nichols has dated –
- Scott Stuber (2008-2009) – Nichols married film producer Scott Stuber on July 26, 2008 in Aspen, Colorado. Nichols allowed her hair to return to its natural blond color for the ceremony, as it had been dyed red for her consecutive roles in Star Trek and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. They were working on building a home in Cabo San Lucas shortly after their honeymoon. Seven months later, in February 2009, Nichols and Stuber separated due to irreconcilable differences.
- Michael Kershaw (2013-Present) – In December 30, 2013, Nichols confirmed her engagement to Michael Kershaw, a real estate developer. They married in September 2014.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 35-28-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Rachel obtained her first starring film role in the P2 and found mainstream success with the science-fiction action films Star Trek and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Rachel nominated for various regarded awards such as the Teen Choice Award, MTV Movie Award and a Saturn Award.
In 2000, Rachel made her debut film appearance as a Model at Bar in Autumn in New York alongside well-known actors Richard Gere, Winona Ryder and Anthony LaPaglia.
In 2002, Rachel made her first television show appearance as Alexa in Sex and the City alongside the stars of the show Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon.
Rachel Nichols has done endorsement work for several brands such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Guess and L’Oréal.
Awards & Nominations
|2005||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Scream Scene||The Amityville Horror||Nominated|
|2006||MTV Movie Awards||Best Frightened Performance||The Amityville Horror||Nominated|
|2006||Method Fest||Best Cast||Debating Robert Lee||Won|
|2013||Constellation Awards||Best Female Performance||Continuum||Won|
|2014||Saturn Awards||Best Actress on Television||Continuum||Nominated|
|2015||Saturn Awards||Best Actress on Television||Continuum||Nominated|
|2018||Saturn Awards||Best Guest Performance in a Television Series||The Librarians||Nominated|
Rachel Nichols Favorites
- Favorite TV Show – How I Met Your Mother
- Favorite Hobbies – Windsurfing and Sailing
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Food – Lobster Rolls, Fish Fillet, Chicken
Rachel Nichols Net worth
Rachel Nichols has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rachel Nichols
- Rachel told The Morning Sentinel that she had hung up her modeling shoes. Further, she wanted to move on to doing endorsements.
- She has appeared in the music video for Bon Jovi‘s All About Lovin’ You.
- Rachel has a female rescue dog named, Lolo.
- She and English actor and singer Sam Riley were born on the same date.
- In 2003, Rachel was cast in her first major film role as Jessica a dogged student newspaper reporter, in Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd.
- In 2005, Rachel found work on the fifth season of the serial action series Alias, being cast that July.
- In 2007, she had a small part in the drama film, Resurrecting the Champ, playing the assistant to a sportswriter (Josh Hartnett).
- In 2008, Rachel had a supporting role in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, playing a jealous friend of America Ferrera’s character.
- In 2009, Rachel was the green girl in Star Trek.
- In 2014, she made a one-episode appearance in the Lifetime series Witches of East End and debuted in a recurring arc in USA Network’s Rush.
- In 2016, Rachel starred in the science-fiction thriller Pandemic as a doctor who leads a group to find survivors of a worldwide pandemic.
- In 2019, Rachel had a five-episode run as a Gestapo bodyguard named Martha Stroud on the fourth season of the alternate history series, The Man in the High Castl (TVseries).