Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, KG, KT, PC, ADC(P) is a member of the British royal family. He is the elder son of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales, and since birth has been second in the line of succession to the British throne after his father.
William was educated at four schools in the United Kingdom and studied for a degree at the University of St. Andrews. During a gap year, he spent time in Chile, Belize, and Africa. In December 2006, he completed 44 weeks of training as an officer cadet and was commissioned in the Blues and Royals regiment. In April 2008, William completed pilot training at Royal Air Force College Cranwell, then underwent helicopter flight training and became a full-time pilot with the RAF Search and Rescue Force in early 2009. His service with the British Armed Forces ended in September 2013.
William Arthur Philip Louis
Wombat, Wills, Steve, The Heir
Royalty Representative, British Air Force Pilot, Air Ambulance Pilot, Environment Activist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Prince William was born on June 21, 1982, in London, England, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 36 years old.
Anglican / Episcopalian
- Prince William started his education at Jane Mynors’ nursery school. He was then enrolled in pre-preparatory Wetherby School, after which he joined the Ludgrove School near Wokingham town. During the summers, he got private lessons from tutor Rory Stewart.
- After clearing the entrance exam, he was admitted into the Eton College.
- Then, in 2001, he joined the University of St. Andrews for a degree in Art History. He later went for Geography instead of Art History and graduated with Scottish Master of Arts Degree.
- Father – Prince Charles
- Mother – Princess Diana
- Siblings – Prince Harry (Younger Brother)
- Others – Camilla Parker Bowles (Stepmother), Prince Philips (Paternal Grandfather), Queen Elizabeth (Paternal Grandmother), Princess Anne (Paternal Aunt), Princess Beatrice (Cousin), Princess Eugenie (Cousin)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prince William dated –
- Natasha Hamilton – Prince William and actress-singer, Natasha Hamilton were photographed kissing and it was rumored that they are dating.
- Jessica Craig (2001) – Prince William had a holiday fling with Kenyan socialite Jessica Craig in 2001 while staying at her family’s ranch in Kenya after completing his studies at Eton. He is on friendly terms with her and even attended her wedding in 2016.
- Carly Massy-Birch (2001) – William started dating Carly Massy-Birch during his first term at St. Andrews in September 2001. Their relationship ended within a couple of months after a drinking game went wrong in December 2001.
- Kate Middleton (2002-Present) – William and former model Kate Middleton started dating during his second term at the university. In the final term, along with one more friend, they moved to a cottage set on two acres and outside the city. Their relationship became public in April 2004, when they were pictured together on the ski trip. They were reported to have split in 2007. However, it proved to be a mere bump in the road and they got married in April 2011. They have three children together, Prince George (b. July 22, 2013), Princess Charlotte (b. May 2, 2015), and Prince Louis (b. April 23, 2018).
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 191 cm
- In meters – 1.91 m
- In Kilograms – 92 kg
- In Pounds – 203 lbs
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
She wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Best Known For
Being the second in line to succeed as monarch of England.
He hasn’t appeared in a theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
As an actor, he hasn’t appeared in a TV show. He has only been seen in chat shows, news talk shows, TV series documentaries about his royal family and the queen.
Being a member of royal family, he isn’t allowed to ink personal endorsement deals.
Prince William Favorites
- Favorite Disney Film – The Little Mermaid (1989)
- Favorite Food – Lasagne
- Favorite Soccer Team – Aston Villa
Prince William Net worth
Prince William’s net worth is an estimated $45 million dollars, according to Business Insider. Most of that money comes from an inheritance, thanks to Princess Diana. His late mother’s trust and estate has been passed to him and Harry, and it has given them both a financial boost. He also receives a $450,000 a year investment profit, and an “allowance” managed by their father, Prince Charles.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prince William
- In 1991, he got a skull fracture after he was accidently hit with a golf club on the side of his head. He had to undergo surgery.
- When he was studying in Eton College, the tabloid press reached an agreement with royal family to respect his privacy in exchange for periodic news updates.
- He took a gap year after completing studies at Eton and during that time, took part in British Army exercises in Belize and taught children for 10 weeks in Chile.
- During his time at St. Andrews, he was selected to represent the water polo team for Scottish National Universities at the Celtic Nations Tournament.
- In 2011, he returned to St. Andrews in the capacity of university’s patron at the 600th Anniversary Appeal event.
- On the eve of his wedding, he received the titles of Earl of Strathearn, Duke of Cambridge and Baron Carrickfergus from the Queen.
- In 2009, he completed helicopter flying training and was subsequently assigned full time pilot to the RAF Search and Rescue Force.
- In 2014, he undertook a vocational agricultural management course from Cambridge in order to get ready to manage Cornwall Estate.
- He is a full time pilot with East Anglian Air Ambulance and donates his salary to the charity run by them.
- Prince William is committed to the charity work for various AIDS related organizations.
- In 2015, William started a civilian job as an ambulance pilot for East Anglian Air Ambulance, where he donated his $62,000-a-year salary to charity.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.