Prachi Desai is an Indian Bollywood film and former television actress. She started her television career as lead protagonist in the successful TV drama Kasamh Se on Zee TV. She made her Bollywood debut in the 2008 film Rock On!!. Her other notable features include Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, Bol Bachchan and I, Me Aur Main. Prachi is also the endorser, spokesperson, brand ambassador and the face of Goa Tourism and Neutrogena products in India.
Prachi, OTA (One-take actress)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Prachi Desai was born on the 12th of September 1988, in Surat, Gujarat, India.
She is currently 35 years old.
Desai attended St. Joseph Convent in Panchgani, Maharashtra. She later went on to pursue Bachelors of Arts degree in Psychology at the Sinhagad College in Pune but dropped out to focus on her acting career.
- Father – Niranjan Desai (Professor)
- Mother – Ameeta Desai
- Siblings – Esha Desai
Boyfriend / Spouse
Prachi Desai has dated –
- Rohit Shetty – Prachi was rumored to be dating film director Rohit Shetty in 2012.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33C
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Prachi has many hit movies and TV series to her credits. Her performance in
the TV series Kasamh Se was praised an applauded by critics and she received various awards including Indian Telly Awards, Kalkar Awards and Zee Rishtey Awards. Her another remarkable work in her career was Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, a gangster film, which was directed by Milan Luthria. She played Mumtaz in the film, alongside an ensemble cast Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi, Kangana Ranaut, and Randeep Hooda.
In 2008, Desai made her acting debut playing Sakshi, wife of Farhan Akhtar in Abhishek Kapoor’s musical drama film Rock On!!
Prachi first leading role in television was as Bani Walla in the Zee TV soap opear Kasamh Se. She was the protagonist in the series which she starred from 2006 to 2008.
Prachi Desai Net worth
Prachi Desai has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prachi Desai
- Prachi started modeling while she was still in college and had her photos sent across many production houses.
- She auditioned for the role of Bani Walla in the TV series opear ‘Kasamh Se’. She had to drop out of college so that she could focus on acting.
- For her work in the series, she won a total of 6 awards including four Indian Telly Awards, one Kalakar Awards and one Zee Rishtey Awards.
- If she weren’t an actress, she would have been a counselor.
- Prachi had guest appeared on Asia Uncut with Jon Niermann, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7, Naagin and The Kapil Sharma Show.
- She is close friends with actress Ekta Kapoor.
- Her fashion icon is actress Grace Kelly.
- In 2007, she entered Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2, but got eliminated. However, she entered the contest again as a wild-card entry and eventually won the competition.
- Prachi is very close to Ekta Kapoor and her family.