Prachi Desai is an Indian Bollywood film and former television actress. She started her television career as lead protagonist in the successful TV drama Kasamh Se on Zee TV. She made her Bollywood debut in the 2008 film Rock On!!. Her other notable features include Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, Bol Bachchan and I, Me Aur Main. She is also the endorser, spokesperson, brand ambassador and the face of Goa Tourism and Neutrogena products in India. Desai is also a brand ambassador of Lux Lyra.
Prachi, OTA (One-take actress)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Prachi Desai was born on 12 September 1988 in Surat, Gujarat, India.
She is currently 30 years old.
Prachi Desai attended St. Joseph Convent in Panchgani, Maharashtra. She later went on to pursue Bachelors of Arts degree in Psychology at the Sinhagad College in Pune but dropped out to focus on her acting career.
- Father – Niranjan Desai (Professor)
- Mother – Ameeta Desai
- Siblings – Esha Desai
Boyfriend / Spouse
Prachi dated –
- Rohit Shetty – Prachi was rumored to be dating film director Rohit Shetty in 2012.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33C
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Prachi Desai made her acting debut in 2008, playing Sakshi, wife of Farhan Akhtar in Abhishek Kapoor’s musical drama film ‘Rock On!!’
Her first leading role in television was as Bani Walla in the Zee TV soap opear ‘Kasamh Se’. She was the protagonist in the series which she starred from 2006 to 2008.
- Desai has many hit movies and TV series to her credits. Her performance in
the TV series Kasamh Se was praised an applauded by critics and she received various awards including Indian Telly Awards, Kalkar Awards and Zee Rishtey Awards.
- In films, she got her first breakthrough with the film Rock On!! She played the role of Sakshi, wife of Aditya Shroff (Played by Farhan Akhtar), the lead vocalist of the rock band ‘Magik’. The film was a massive success at the Bollywood box office, which grossed around $7 million from its total run.
- Her another remarkable work in her career was Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, a gangster film, which was directed by Milan Luthria. She played Mumtaz in the film, alongside an ensemble cast Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi, Kangana Ranaut, and Randeep Hooda.
Awards & Nominations
|2006||Kasamh Se||Indian Telly Awards||Best Fresh New Face (Female)||Won|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Onscreen Couple||Won|
|Kalakar Awards||Best Actress (Television)||Won|
|2007||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress in a Lead Role||Won|
|Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Bhabhi-Nanand Rishta||Won|
|2008||Indian Telly Awards||Special Recommendation||Won|
|2009||Rock On!!||Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|2008||Screen Awards||Most Promising Newcomer – Female||Nominated|
|Stardust Award||Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Nominated|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Star Debut of the Year – Female||Nominated|
|Anandalok Puraskar Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|Star’s Sabsey Award||Favourite Nayi Heroine||Won|
|2011||Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai||Filmfare Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Award||Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Female||Won|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|Lions Gold Awards||Lions Favorite Actress in Supporting Role||Won|
|Stardust Awards||Best Actress in an Ensemble Cast||Won|
|Stardust Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|Star Guild Award||Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Won|
|2012||Bol Bachchan||Stardust Award||Best Breakthrough Performance – Female||Nominated|
|2013||I, Me Aur Main||Stardust Award||Best Breakthrough Performance – Female||Nominated|
|2016||Azhar||Lux Golden Rose Award||Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Nominated|
Prachi Desai Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Ryan Gosling, Shahid Kapoor, Arjun Rampal
- Favorite Actresses – Kangana Ranuat, Julia Roberts, Rosie Huntington Whiteley
- Favorite Movies – Pretty Woman, Dil Chahta Hai, Jab We Met, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, and Queen
- Favorite TV Shows – Hot in Cleveland, Tyrant
- Favorite Books – “Shantaram” by Gregory David Roberts, “Scion of Ikshvaku” by Amish Tripathi
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Gstaad in Switzerland, New York and Milan
- Favorite Brand – Michael Kors
- Favorite Food – Pizza, Cheese Risotto
Prachi Desai Net Worth
Prachi’s net worth is estimated to be between $5 – $7 million dollars. She lives in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prachi Desai
- She started modeling while she was still in college and had her photos sent across many production houses.
- She auditioned for the role of Bani Walla in the TV series opear ‘Kasamh Se’. She had to drop out of college so that she could focus on acting.
- For her work in the series, she won a total of 6 awards including four Indian Telly Awards, one Kalakar Awards and one Zee Rishtey Awards.
- If she weren’t an actress, she would have been a counselor.
- Prachi had guest appeared on Asia Uncut with Jon Niermann, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7, Naagin and The Kapil Sharma Show.
- She is close friends with actress Ekta Kapoor.
- Her fashion icon is actress Grace Kelly.
- In 2007, she entered Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2, but got eliminated. However, she entered the contest again as a wild-card entry and eventually won the competition.
- She is very close to Ekta Kapoor and her family.