Post Malone is an American rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer. He has gained acclaim for blending musical genres, for his introspective songwriting and laconic vocal style. His debut studio album Stoney was released in 2016 and peaked at number four on the U.S. Billboard 200, and was eventually certified triple platinum. The album contained the singles “I Fall Apart” and “Congratulations”, which charted in the top twenty on the Hot 100. In 2018, he released its follow-up Beerbongs & Bentleys, which opened at number one on the Billboard 200 and broke several streaming records upon release. The album contained the single “Better Now” and the chart-topping songs “Rockstar” and “Psycho”. It also opened to critical acclaim and was nominated for Album of the Year at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards.
Austin Richard Post
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
R&B, Hip Hop, Pop-Rap, Rock, Cloud Rap
Birthday / Date of Birth
Malone was born on 4 July 1995, in Syracuse, New York, United States.
He is currently 23 years old.
Post Malone went to the Grapevine High School. After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the Tarrant County College. However, he dropped out of college just after a couple of months.
- Father – His father used to work as an assistant director of food and beverage for Dallas Cowboys.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Post Malone has dated –
- Ashlen (2015-2016)– Post Malone was reported to be in a relationship with a woman named Ashlen. She had booked him for a show at the nightclub. Their relationship blossomed thereafter. The relationship became public in the early months of 2015 after they showed up together for the radio show, The Breakfast Club. There was a slight controversy at the show as the show host Charlamagne Tha God hinted that Malone might cheat on his girlfriend in near future. They had broken up for a short while after the interview. However, they got back together after some months later and appeared together for another interview with The Breakfast Club in December 2016. Judging by the lack of their pictures together on their respective social media accounts, it seems they might have gone separate ways.
- In feet – 6 feet 0½ inches
- In centimeters – 184 cm
- In meters – 1.84 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
- Measurements – 42-14-35
- Chest – 42 inches
- Biceps – 14 inches
- Waist – 35 inches
He wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
The immense popularity of his debut single, White Iverson, which was in part inspired by basketball star, Allen Iverson. Having collaborated with famous rappers such as Kanye West, Young Thug and 50 Cent.
Malone launched his first single, “White Iverson” on SoundCloud in February 2015. In July the same year, he released an accompanying video for the single, that has graced more than 400 million digital views since then. In December 2016, he released his debut studio album, Stoney, which reached #6 on Billboard 200.
Post hasn’t appeared in films yet.
In 2013, Post Malone was seen on the comedy show h3h3Productions as himself in just 1 episode.
Post Malone hasn’t appeared in any major TV commercial but his songs have been used in adverts.
- Malone has been called a “culture vulture” multiple times by different publications and on social media for “appropriating” African-American culture. California rapper Lil B wrote on Twitter in October 2017: “Post Malone is slowly turning into a white dude! Lol he’s pushing it, give it a few years he gon be full country and hate blacks lol”, with Post replying in an interview, claiming that his white skin has been “used against him.” In January 2018, Post went on an intoxicated rant against people who describe him as a culture vulture. In an interview with GQ several days later, Post said “there’s a struggle being a white rapper.”
- In a November 2017 interview with Polish media outlet NewOnce, Malone said that modern hip-hop music lacks “people talking about real shit” and added that “if you’re looking to think about life, don’t listen to hip-hop.” He received social media backlash for his comments, including from fellow rappers such as Lil B and Vince Staples. Malone later appeared in a video on Twitter, saying that the reason for his comments was that it was a “beer-tasting” interview and going on to say that he loves hip-hop. NewOnce, however, denied that claim, stating that Malone barely drank at all during the interview.
Post Malone Favorites
- Favorite Musicians – Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Young Thug, Future
- Favorite White Basketball Player – Jason Williams
- Favorite Snack – Chicken Strips
- Favorite NFL Team – Dallas Cowboys
Post Malone Net worth
Post Malone has an estimated net worth of $14 million dollars as of 2019. This fortune comes as a result of his singing career. He got a big breakthrough after signing a record deal with Republic Records in August 2015. He has associated with popular artists such as 50 Cent, Young Thug, Justin Bieber and Kanye West.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Post Malone
- Instagram – postmalone
- Twitter – Post Malone
- YouTube Channel – Post Malone, PostMaloneVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Post Malone
- At the age of 18, Malone moved to Los Angeles to kickstart his rapping career by dropping out of college.
- He was accused of culture appropriation after an old vine of his using an N-word surfaced. Although it was used in a playful way, it created a major controversy, which led to Malone issuing an apology.
- Before he started rapping, he used to play in a heavy metal rock band. He has also hinted at giving a country music a try in the future albums.
- He started his music journey in 2009 after he started playing simulation game, Guitar Hero. He claims to have achieved a five-star rating in the expert mode in Guitar Hero 3.
- He had written his popular single, White Iverson just two days before he went on to record it.
- He was inspired by Justin Bieber to start his tattoo collection which includes a playboy bunny on his left forearm and a face of a lion on the back of his right hand.
- In April 2016, he got into a scuffle with Justin Bieber at the nightclub in Houston after a picture of him grabbing Bieber by throat surfaced online. The incident was triggered by Justin stubbing out his cigarette on his arm while he was performing his single, White Iverson at the nightclub.
- In February 2017, Post revealed the title of his next project, Beerbongs & Bentleys and was set to be released in December, before eventually being pushed back to 2018.
- In February 20, 2018, Malone previewed his new song with Ty Dolla Sign titled “Psycho.” “Psycho” was released on February 23, 2018 and a tour with 21 Savage was announced.
- Visit his official website @ postmalone.com.