Blac Youngsta is an American rapper. In 2015, he signed to fellow Memphis-based rapper Yo Gotti’s label Collective Music Group (CMG). He became best known for the 2017 single “Hip Hopper” (featuring Lil Yachty) and the 2018 single “Booty”, with the latter peaking at number 73 on the Billboard Hot 100. Both songs appear on his debut studio album 223, which peaked at number 42 on the Billboard 200. In 2019, Youngsta has won ASCAP Rhythm &Soul Music Award for the album Booty in the category Award Winning R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.
Sammie Marquez Benson
Hip hop, Trap
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
Create, Heavy Camp, CMG, Epic
Birthday / Date of Birth
Blac Youngsta was born on the 8th of April 1990, in Memphis, Tennessee, United States.
He’s currently 33 years old.
His educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Blac Youngsta has dated –
Blac has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 168 lbs
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Blac became known as an American Rapper and Songwriter. Youngsta is widely known for his songs Court Tomorrow and Where They Do That. In 2015, he Signed to Yo Gotti’s Collective Music Group label, he is a rapper responsible for mixtapes by the titles of Young & Reckless and I Swear to God. He released a mixtape called Heavy one year prior to being signed by Yo Gotti. He was confused for a check fraudster and in 2016, arrested onsite at a Georgia Wells Fargo bank while withdrawing money from his own account.
In 2012, Benson began taking a career in music more seriously releasing three mixtapes as part of his Fast Bricks series, from 2012 to 2014. In 2015, His breakout song Heavy was released and gained the attention of Yo Gotti, who appeared on the song’s remix and signed Blac Youngsta to his Collective Music Group label.
Controversies & Scandals
In 2016, Youngsta was mistaken for a fraudster just after he withdrew a huge sum from the bank and was arrested by the police. However, later the police admitted that it was a case of mistaken identity and that Youngsta was innocent. In February 2017, he was arrested for shooting his fellow rapper and rival, Young Dolph. Fortunately during the shooting incident, nothing happed to Dolph as he was inside his bulletproof SUV.
Blac Youngsta Net worth
Blac Youngsta has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Blac Youngsta
- Instagram – blacyoungsta
- Twitter – Blac Youngsta
- YouTube Channel – Blac Youngsta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Blac Youngsta
- Sammie professionally known as Blac Youngsta, was born and raised in McMillan Street, a poor area in South Memphis, Tennessee.
- Benson and his younger brothers were raised by their grandparents. Despite both of his grandparents having jobs, they earned very little and struggled to put food on the table.
- His grandfather managed to get him a job at a local grocery store when he was just 7 years old, however, he was fired when the manager caught him placing fake orders to the store in order to take the food home for him and his brothers.
- After losing his job at the store, Benson began selling drugs and served numerous sentences in prison for drug and gun charges.
- In 2012, after serving a year in prison, Benson began hosting local block parties which made him locally popular in South Memphis.
- In 2012, he began pursuing a career in music, releasing his debut mixtape Fast Bricks.
- Youngsta came out with ‘Fast Bricks 3’ that featured a song titled Heavy. This song became a hit and Youngsta was ultimately signed to the Collective Music Group label.
- In January 2020, Blac was featured on Moneybagg Yo’s song “1 2 3”, which would later be released as a single in April 2020 and chart on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, earning him his second charting single on that chart.