Peter Dinklage is an American actor and producer. Dinklage studied acting at Bennington College, starring in a number of amateur stage productions. His film debut was in Living in Oblivion and his breakthrough came with the comedy drama The Station Agent. In 2018, Peter appeared as Eitri in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Avengers: Infinity War after appearing as Vikings and Hervé Villechaize in the biopic film My Dinner with Hervé.
Peter Hayden Dinklage
Actor, Film Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Peter Dinklage was born on the 11th of June 1969, in Morristown, New Jersey, United States.
He’s currently 53 years old.
Manhattan, New York City, United States
Dinklage is of English, Irish and German descent.
In 1987, Dinklage completed his high school graduation from Delbarton School. He was a part of the school’s drama club, which gave him the opportunity to polish his acting skills. Post that, Peter enrolled himself at Bennington College from where he graduated in 1991.
- Father – John Carl Dinklage (Retired Insurance Salesman)
- Mother – Diane Dinklage (Elementary School Music Teacher)
- Siblings – John Dinklage (Older Brother) (Violinist)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter Dinklage has dated –
- Erica Schmidt (2004–Present) – In 2004, Peter started dating Erica Schmidt, a theater director. In November 2004, the two got engaged and on April 16, 2005, Peter married her. The couple has a daughter named Zelig Dinklage, born in 2011. Dinklage and Schmidt had a second child in 2017. The couple never revealed the name or sex of this second child.
- In feet – 4 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 135 cm
- In meters – 1.35 m
- In Kilograms – 50 kg
- In Pounds – 110 lbs
His body statistics like chest, biceps and waist are currently unavailable.
Portraying Tyrion Lannister in HBO fantasy drama TV series, Game of Thrones. Also known for his role as Peter in Death at a Funeral (2007) and Bolivar Trask in X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).
In1995, Dinklage made his first film appearance as Tito in the low-budget independent comedy-drama film Living in Oblivion.
In 1995, Peter got his first TV show performance in the comedy series, Seinfeld. The role he played, though uncredited, was of James’s telephonic voice in the episode The Wink. His first credited role was in the Fox’s drama series The $treet (2001) where he played the role of Little Person in the episode, Junk Bonds.
Dinklage has voiced the 2015 version of Chrysler 300 commercial.
Peter Dinklage Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Gary Oldman, Tom Hanks
- Favorite Clothes – Hooded sweatshirt
- Favorite Superhero – Batman
- Favorite Food – Sandwich, Cereal
Peter Dinklage Net worth
Peter Dinklage has a net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2023 with earnings of $1.1 million per episode as salaries for his role in Game of Thrones.
Social Media Profile
- Instagram – peterdinklage
Some Lesser Known Facts About Peter Dinklage
- Peter was born with achondroplasia, a common form of dwarfism.
- He worked at a data processing company for six years before pursuing a career as a full-time actor.
- He is a vegetarian. He became one, when he was 16 years old.
- Dinklage owns a dog which is named Kevin.
- In 2014, he voiced the Ghost in the video game Destiny.
- In 2015, Peter lent his voice for the role of Tyrion in Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series, a video game based on the show.
- In 2015, he starred in the science fiction comedy film Pixels as a former arcade champion named Eddie Plant.
- In 2016, Dinklage and his longtime manager David Ginsburg founded their joint-venture production company, Estuary Films.
- In 2017, he has been attached to star in the American comedy O Lucky Day, which is to be directed by Jon S. Baird where he will play a con-man who pretends to be a Leprechaun.
- In October 2017, he purchased the rights to the film adaptation of Joe R. Lansdale’s novel, The Thicket.
- In 2018, Peter has won twelve awards from 58 nominations. He has been nominated for seven Primetime Emmy Awards and 14 Screen Actor Guild Awards, winning three Primetime Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award.
- In August and September 2018, he starred in the title role of Cyrano, a stage musical adaptation of Cyrano de Bergerac written by his wife Erica Schmidt, with songs by the band The National.
- In 2021, Dinklage portrayed mobster Roman Lunyov in the crime thriller I Care a Lot.