Peter Dinklage is an American actor and producer. Dinklage studied acting at Bennington College, starring in a number of amateur stage productions. His film debut was in Living in Oblivion and his breakthrough came with the comedy drama The Station Agent. In 2018, he appeared as Eitri in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Avengers: Infinity War after appearing as Vikings and Hervé Villechaize in the biopic film My Dinner with Hervé.
Peter Hayden Dinklage
Actor, Film Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Peter Dinklage was born on 11 June 1969, in Morristown, New Jersey, United States.
He’s currently 49 years old.
Manhattan, New York City, United States
Dinklage is of English, Irish and German descent.
Peter Dinklage completed his high school graduation from Delbarton School in 1987. He was a part of the school’s drama club, which gave him the opportunity to polish his acting skills. Post that, Peter enrolled himself at Bennington College from where he graduated in 1991. He also appeared in several productions there.
- Father – John Carl Dinklage (Retired Insurance Salesman)
- Mother – Diane Dinklage (Elementary School Music Teacher)
- Siblings – John Dinklage (Older Brother) (Violinist)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter Dinklage dated –
- Erica Schmidt (2004–Present) – Peter started dating Erica Schmidt, a theater director, in 2004. Later in November 2004, the two got engaged and on April 16, 2005, Peter married her. The couple has a daughter named Zelig Dinklage, born in 2011. Dinklage and Schmidt had a second child in 2017. The couple never revealed the name or sex of this second child.
- In feet – 4 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 135 cm
- In meters – 1.35 m
- In Kilograms – 50 kg
- In Pounds – 110 lbs
His body statistics like chest, biceps and waist are currently unavailable.
Portraying Tyrion Lannister in HBO fantasy drama TV series, Game of Thrones. Also known for his role as Peter in Death at a Funeral (2007) and Bolivar Trask in X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).
Peter Dinklage made his first film appearance as Tito in the low-budget independent comedy-drama film Living in Oblivion (1995).
Peter got his first TV show performance in the comedy series, Seinfeld in 1995. The role he played, though uncredited, was of James’s telephonic voice in the episode “The Wink.” His first credited role was in the Fox’s drama series The $treet in 2001 where he played the role of Little Person in the episode, Junk Bonds.
Peter Dinklage has voiced the 2015 version of Chrysler 300 commercial.
Peter Dinklage Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Gary Oldman
- Favorite Food – Sandwich, cereal
- Favorite Clothes – Hooded sweatshirt
- Favorite Superhero – Batman
Peter Dinklage Net worth
Peter Dinklage has a net worth of $16 million dollars as of 2019 with earnings of $1.1 million per episode as salaries for his role in Game of Thrones.
Social Media Profile
- Instagram – peterdinklage
Some Lesser Known Facts About Peter Dinklage
- Peter Dinklage was born with achondroplasia, a common form of dwarfism.
- He worked at a data processing company for six years before pursuing a career as a full-time actor.
- Peter Dinklage is a vegetarian. He became one, when he was 16 years old.
- Peter Dinklage owns a dog which is named Kevin.
- Dinklage is a smoker.
- He voiced the Ghost in the 2014 video game Destiny.
- In 2015, Dinklage lent his voice for the role of Tyrion in Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series, a video game based on the show.
- In 2017, it was announced that Dinklage has been attached to star in the American comedy O Lucky Day, which is to be directed by Jon S. Baird where he will play a con-man who pretends to be a Leprechaun.
- In October 5, 2017, Dinklage purchased the rights to the film adaptation of Joe R. Lansdale’s novel, The Thicket.
- As of 2018, Dinklage has won twelve awards from 58 nominations. He has been nominated for seven Primetime Emmy Awards and 14 Screen Actor Guild Awards, winning three Primetime Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award.
- He doesn’t have verified social media accounts.