Paulo Dybala is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a forward for Serie A club Juventus and the Argentina national team. After beginning his career in Argentina with Instituto de Córdoba in 2011, Dybala moved to Italian club Palermo in 2012. He played three seasons for Palermo, two in Serie A and won Serie B in 2013–14.
In 2015, he joined Juventus for an initial fee of €32 million and has since made over 100 appearances for the club, winning the double of Serie A and Coppa Italia in each of his three seasons. He has also been named in the Serie A Team of the Year three times. He made his senior international debut for Argentina in 2015 and was chosen for the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the 2019 Copa América, helping his nation to win a bronze medal in the latter tournament.
Paulo Bruno Exequiel Dybala
La Joya, The Jewel, El pibe de la pensión
Professional Soccer Player
Attacking Midfielder, Winger, Forward
- 10 – Juventus
- 21 – Argentina
Jorge Sampaoli, Massimiliano Allegri
Birthday / Date of Birth
Paulo Dybala was born on the 15th of November 1993, in Laguna Larga, Córdoba, Argentina.
He’s currently 26 years old.
On his father’s side, he has Polish ancestry while on his mother’s side, he is of Italian (Sicilian) descent.
Paulo Dybala went to the academy of his hometown club Instituto Atlético Central Córdoba for his soccer education.
- Father – Adolfo Dybala (Former Soccer Player and Owned a Lottery Shop)
- Mother – Alicia de Dybala
- Siblings – Gustavo Dybala (Older Brother) (Entrepreneur), Mariano Dybala (Older Brother) (Gymnast and Soccer Agent)
- Relatives – Boleslaw Dybala (Paternal Grandfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Paulo Dybala has dated –
- Ginevra Sozzi (2017) – Dybala was linked with model Ginevra Sozzi. They had started dating after having met on the Spanish island of Formentera during summer holidays. She claimed that she didn’t know who Dybala was when she first met him.
- Antonella Cavalieri (2017-2018) – Dybala has had an on and off relationship with the Argentine model, Antonella Cavalieri. Their first stint together ended in the summer of 2017. However, by the end of the year, they were back together. She herself confirmed their reconciliation in December 2017 by sharing a picture of them on her Instagram account. However, they again ended their relationship in the early months of 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 9¾ inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 166 lbs
- Measurements – 38–14–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Blue with a hint of Green
His shoe size is 11.5 (US).
Paulo played three seasons for Palermo, two in Serie A and won Serie B in 2013–14. In 2015, he joined Juventus for an initial fee of €32 million and has since made over 100 appearances for the club, winning the double of Serie A and Coppa Italia in each of his three seasons. He has also been named in the Serie A Team of the Year three times.
Soccer Match Debut
In 2011, Paulo made his professional soccer debut as he turned out for his hometown club Instituto Atlético Central Córdoba in the Primera B Nacional (Argentine second division).
In August 2015, Paulo made his debut for Juventus in 2015 Supercoppa Italiana match against Lazio in Shanghai. He came in as a second-half substitute and scored his team’s second goal in a 2-0 victory.
In October 2015, Paulo played his first match for his national side in Argentina World Cup qualifying match against Paraguay. He came in as a second-half substitute for Carlos Tevez.
In 2012, Paulo made his first television show appearance in the Argentine sports television series, Fútbol Para Todos.
Paulo has signed a personal endorsement deal with Adidas. As part of his deal, he is required to wear Adidas cleats for his matches and endorse their other products. He has also appeared in a television commercial for Samsung.
Paulo Dybala Favorites
- Favorite Soccer Player – Ronaldinho, Pirlo
- Favorite TV Shows – Prison Break
- Favorite Destination – Paris
Paulo Dybala Net worth
Paulo Dybala has an estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2020. He earns an annual salary of $15 million.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Paulo Dybala
- Instagram – paulodybala
- Twitter – Paulo Dybala
Some Lesser Known Facts About Paulo Dybala
- Paulo has always been grateful to his father for believing in his dreams. When he started playing the game, his father would always accompany him to the field and would make sure his son practices without any hindrance.
- His father ran a lottery Shop in Córdoba. He used to accompany his father to the shop sometimes in his childhood.
- He started kicking the football at the age of 2. While growing up, he used to spend a lot of time playing on the dirt pitch next to the local railway station. The used truck tires were used as makeshift seating around the pitch.
- While growing up, he used to try to replicate Ronaldinho’s dribbles and tricks as he played with his friends.
- Dybala father himself used to accompany him to Instituto’s training center, La Agustina, which was around 70 kilometers away from their house.
- Paulo started making news at the age of 14 with his football skills. People were in awe of his technique and were impressed with the way he controlled the ball. Those who watched him play, quickly realized that he had a natural flair for the sport.
- He was given the nickname of La Joya (The Jewel) by the Argentine journalist Marcos Villalobo, who saw him score his debut goal for Instituto against Aldosivi. The goal also made him the youngest goalscorer in the history of the club, taking him ahead of previous record holder and Argentine legend Mario Kempes.
- Dybala has several tattoos on his body: two stripes on his left arm, an Arabic tattoo as well as a crowned football on his leg.
- When he moved to Palermo, his mother also moved with him so as to cook meals for him and to give him emotional support.
- He often celebrates scoring a goal by saluting his deceased father, who wasn’t able to see his son fulfill his dream.
- In 2011, he joined the club Instituto de Cordoba and made his professional debut in the Primera B Nacional. He scored 17 goals throughout the league, becoming the youngest player to beat the record set by Mario Kempes.
- In July 2012, he officially moved to Europe as he was signed up by the Italian club, Palermo. The deal was worth over 5 million euros.
- In November 11, 2012, he scored his first goal for the club and followed it up with his second goal in the same match. His goals contributed to his team’s 2-0 win against U.C. Sampdoria.
- In June 2015, he was signed up by the Italian giants Juventus in a five-year deal. Juventus had paid Palermo 32 million euros and had promised further 8 million euros in performance and appearance-related add-ons.
- In August 8, 2015, he made his debut for the club against Lazio at the 2015 Supercoppa Italiana. He scored a goal and contributed to his team’s 2-0 win.
- In October 13, 2015, he made his international debut in a FIFA World Cup qualifying match against Paraguay.
- In 2017, he was one of the three finalists for the UEFA Champions League Forward of the Season Award. He was also nominated for the 2017 UEFA Best Player of the Year Award.
- In August 2017, his team suffered a loss against Lazio at the 2017 Supercoppa Italiana. Despite scoring two goals in the match, he couldn’t save his team from a 2-3 defeat. In the same month, he scored a hat-trick in Serie A in a win against Genoa.
- In August 4, 2017, Dybala was named one of the three finalists for the Forward of the 2016–17 UEFA Champions League season award.
- In September 1, 2018, Dybala made his 100th Serie A appearance for Juventus, coming on as a late second half substitute in a 2–1 away win over Parma.
- In May 2019, Dybala was included in Argentina manager Lionel Scaloni’s preliminary 40-man squad for the 2019 Copa América.