Nabil Fekir is a French professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder or a forward for Lyon. An academy graduate of Lyon, he was promoted to the senior squad in July 2013. Fekir became a first team regular in his second season, when he was named the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year. He has since made over 150 appearances for Les Gones, scoring over 50 goals and also gaining team captaincy in 2017. Fekir made his debut for France in March 2015 and was chosen in their squad that won the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Professional Soccer Player
Attacking Midfielder, Forward
- 31, 18, 9, 8, 12 – Olympique Lyon
- 18, 12, 7 – France National Team
Coach / Mentor
Didier Deschamps, Bruno Génésio
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nabil Fekir was born on July 18, 1993 in Lyon, France.
He is currently 25 years old.
He has Algerian ancestry on his father’s side.
Nabil Fekir has polished his soccer skills at the youth academy of Lyon.
- Father – Mohamed Fekir
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Yassin Fekir (Younger Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
Nabil Fekir is represented by Jean-Pierre Berne.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nabil Fekir dated –
As Nabil Fekir has preferred to keep his personal life away from the spotlight, that makes it difficult for us to say anything about his dating history and love life.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 159 lbs
His great performances for the French club, Lyon, since having made his debut for the club in 2013. His solid performances for the club have made him one of the highly rated attacking players in the European top flight leagues.
Soccer Match Debut
In August 2013, he made his professional debut with Lyon Champions League play-off round 2nd leg away match against Real Sociedad. He replaced Yassine Benzia at the half time. His side eventually lost the match by 2-0. In March 2015, Fekir made his first international appearance for the France national team against Brazil in an international friendlies match. He was sent in for Antoine Griezmann late in the 2nd half.
Nabil Fekir has signed a personal endorsement deal with Nike. As per the clauses of the contract deal, he is required to wear Nike shoes for his professional matches. He also uses his social media activity to promote Nike products.
In a match against Saint-Étienne, he opened his shirt after scoring a goal and showed it to the rival team’s fans. Angered by this gesture, the fans threw objects on the ground due to which the match had to be stopped for 40 minutes. He received a yellow card for the incident. He missed the next game due to the booking in the last match. Though his fans paid a tribute to him in the stadium by showing his jersey.
He keeps a neatly trimmed beard.
Cars Collection – Range Rover, Audi, Volvo
Nabil Fekir Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Nabil Fekir Net worth
Nabil Fekir net worth has accumulated to approximately $50 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nabil Fekir
- He then joined Vaulx-en-Velin. His consistent performances and immense talent attracted many scouts from many clubs across France.
- Lyon’s rivals AS Saint-Étienne were very keen to sign him, but he rejected the club’s offer as he wanted to join Lyon again and prove them that they were wrong in releasing him.
- In 2011, Lyon signed Nabil, and he soon became a key member in their youth squad.
- In April 2014, Nabil scored his first professional goal in his side’s 4-1 win over Bastia in a Ligue 1 match. He also recorded 2 assists for Bakary Koné’s and Alexandre Lacazette’s goals.
- The 2014-15 season proved to be his breakthrough season as he played 34 matches and managed to score a total of 13 goals in the season. He also managed to record 9 assists.
- At the end of 2014-15 season, he was included in the Team of the Year for Ligue 1. He was also declared the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year.
- He enraged AS Saint-Etienne fans during his side’s match against their fierce rivals, which Lyon won by 5-0 with Fekir scoring 2 goals in the match.
- In March 2015, Nabil was called up by Algeria for the friendlies against Qatar and Oman. However, he decided to withdraw his name from the squad after he was named in the French squad for their friendlies.
- In June 2015, he scored his first international goal in a friendly match against Belgium. However, the match ended in a 3-4 defeat for his side.
- In August 2017, he was declared the new club captain by the Lyon management as they sought to replace Maxime Galons, who had moved to AS Roma.
- In June 2018, Lyon negotiated a transfer deal worth €60 million with Liverpool. However, the deal collapsed after Liverpool found issues with his knee in the medical and tried to negotiate lower transfer money with the French club.
- Visit her official website @ nabilfekir.com.