Megan Young is a Filipino-American actress, model, television presenter and beauty queen who won the Miss World Philippines 2013 title and was later crowned as Miss World 2013. She is the first Filipina to win the title of Miss World. Young started as a contestant of the reality television show StarStruck and later became a member of ABS-CBN’s Star Magic talent management but later on returned as an exclusive artist under GMA Network.
Megan Lynne Young
Actress, Beauty Queen, Model, TV Host
Birthday / Date of Birth
Megan Young was born on the 27th of February 1990, in Alexandria, Virginia, United States.
She’s currently 30 years old.
She has English, Scottish, Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), Welsh, far-off Dutch and German ancestry on her father’s side and Filipino ancestry on her mother’s side.
Megan received secondary education in Regional Science High School III within the Subic Bay Freeport Zone from 2002 to 2005 before moving to Metro Manila to pursue her acting career. In 2011, she began studying filmmaking at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde. She also attended the Trinity University of Asia in Quezon City.
- Father – Victoria Barrientos Talde
- Mother – Calvin Cole Young III (Luitenant)
- Siblings – Lauren Young (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Megan Young has dated –
- Nico Salva (2009-2010) – Megan and professional basketball star Nico Salva started dating one another sometime in 2009. However, their relationship didn’t last and just 4 months later in 2010, the two parted ways from one another.
- Mikael Daez (2012-Present) – In February 2017, Megan confirmed that he had been dating Model and actor Mikael Daez for six years and the revelation was made after so long due to work commitments. In 24 January 2020, they announced their marriage.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Megan won the Miss World Philippines 2013 title and was later crowned as Miss World 2013. She is the first Filipina to win the title of Miss World.
In 2005, Megan made her debut theatrical film appearance as Anna in Say That You Love Me.
In 2004, Megan made her first TV show appearance as an avenger in Starstruck.
Megan has appeared in commercials for several brands such as, Security Bank, Ligo Tuna Flakes & Palmolive.
Megan Young Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Chris Hemsworth
- Favorite Actress – Jennifer Aniston
- Favorite Movies – Fight Club (1999), Finding Nemo (2003), Tangled (2010)
- Favorite Author – Chuck Palahniuk
- Favorite Pokemon – Blastoise
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Food – Taho, Fishballs, Sushi, Katsudon
Megan Young Net worth
Megan Young has an estimated net worth of $0.8 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Megan Young
- Megan spent the first 10 years of her childhood in the United States and later, moved to Castillejos, Zambales along with her family.
- She is very fond of pets and has two dogs named Melo and Yogi as well as a cat named Salem.
- In 2009, Megan was one of four personalities introduced as video jockeys for the relaunching of Channel [V] Philippines.
- Megan has won several beauty pageants such as Miss World Philippines 2013 and later went on to win Miss World 2013, and Miss World Asia 2013.
- Megan also won the Top Model competition, placed second in the People’s Champion, placed fourth in the Multimedia Challenge and fifth in the Beach Beauty contest.
- In 2013, she appeared in TV5’s dramas Never Say Goodbye and Misibis Bay.
- In 2014, Young was nominated as Outstanding Guest Star on Dahsyatnya Awards.
- In March 2015, Megan Young returned to GMA Network after four years of exclusive contract with ABS-CBN.
- Megan is one of the hosts in the sixth edition of the reality talent search Starstruck which launched her career as an artist.
- In October 2018, Megan took part in the #ZeroHunger mission organized by the Food and Agriculture Organizations of the United Nations.