Mark Zuckerberg is an American technology entrepreneur and philanthropist. He is known for co-founding and leading Facebook as its chairman and chief executive officer. In December 2016, Zuckerberg was ranked 10th on Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People. In 2007 at age 23 he became the world’s youngest self-made billionaire. As of 2018, he is the only person under 50 in the Forbes ten richest people list and the only one under 40 in the Top 20 Billionaires list.
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg
Computer Programmer, Internet Entrepreneur
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mark Zuckerberg was born on 14th May 1984, in White Plains, New York, United States.
He is currently 35 year sold.
Zuckerberg lives with his wife in a lavish house in the Palo Alto. He also owns a 700 acres waterfront property on the island of Kauai in Hawaii.
He has Polish, Austrian and German ancestry.
Mark Zuckerberg went to the Ardsley High School. In his junior year, he transferred to the private school Phillips Exeter Academy. While still in high school, he took a graduate level programming course at Mercy College. After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the Harvard University to study psychology and computer science. However, he dropped out without graduating as he sought to focus on Facebook. In his youth, he was also enrolled in the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth summer camp.
- Father – Edward Zuckerberg
- Mother – Karen Kempner
- Siblings – Donna Zuckerberg, Randi Zuckerberg, Arielle Zuckerberg
- Others – Jack Zuckerberg (Paternal Grandfather), Miriam Holländer (Paternal Grandmother), Sidney G. Kempner (Maternal Grandfather), Gertrude Silver (Paternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark Zuckerberg dated –
- Priscilla Chan (2003-Present) – Mark Zuckerberg started going out with Priscilla Chan in 2003. He had met her in his sophomore year at Harvard University at a fraternity party. In September 2010, he asked Chan, who was at that time enrolled in a medical course at the University of California, San Francisco, to move in with him. In May 2012, they got married in a private ceremony. In July 2015, he announced that they were expecting their first child. He also revealed that Chan had suffered three heartbreaking miscarriages. In December, he revealed that his wife had given birth to a baby girl, Maxima Chan Zuckerberg. In August 2017, she gave birth to their second daughter.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 79 kg
- In Pounds – 174 lbs
His body statistics are unknown.
Being the co-founder of the social media phenomena, Facebook. He serves as a chief executive officer and chairman of the company.
In September 2010, Mark Zuckerberg made his first TV show appearance as himself in the popular talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Mark Zuckerberg has appeared in a social cause TV advert for Code.org to raise awareness about child advocacy and education. The other heavyweights featured in the advert were Bill Gates, Chris Bosh and Drew Houston.
- This techie billionaire, Mark Zuckerberg has an extensive collection of exotic cars including a Acura TSX, a Honda Fit, a Volkswagen Golf GTi, a Infiniti G Sedan, and a Pagani Huayra.
- Mark lives in a beautiful Palo Alto house which he bought for $7 million. The house spreads over 5,167 square feet, and boasts five bedrooms and five and half bathrooms and a large pool.
- Recent SEC filing about Facebook’s finances have revealed that the Facebook’s founder spent around $700,000 for costs related to private jets. The listing states that “Facebook has authorized its CEO and COO to use private aircraft for business purposes. This practice maximizes such executives’ productive time and ensures their quick availability. In addition, Mr. Zuckerberg may use private aircraft for personal purposes in connection with his comprehensive security program. On certain occasions, Mr. Zuckerberg may be accompanied by family members or others when using private aircraft. For flights involving passengers flying for personal purposes, the aggregate incremental cost of such personal usage is reported as other compensation to Mr. Zuckerberg.
- Make things as simple as possible but no simpler by Albert Einstein.
- All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up by Pablo Picasso.
- The web is at a really important turning point right now. Up until recently, the default on the web has been that most things aren’t social and most things don’t use your real identity. We’re building toward a web where the default is social.
- By giving people the power to share, we’re making the world more transparent.
- When you give everyone a voice and give people power, the system usually ends up in a really good place. So, what we view our role as, is giving people that power.
Mark Zuckerberg Favorites
- Favorite Music Album – Global Warming by Pitbull
- Favorite Pet – Best, Hungarian Sheepdog
- Favorite Dress – Grey T-shirt, a Hoofdie, a Pair of Jeans, Nike Sneakers
- Favorite Movie – Titanic
- Favorite Books – ‘The Muqaddimah’ by Ibn Khaldun, ‘The New Jim Crow’ by Michelle Alexander, ‘Why Nations Fail’ by Daren Acemoglu and James Robinson, ‘The Rational Optimist’ by Matt Ridley, ‘World Order’ by Henry Kissinger
Mark Zuckerberg Net worth
Mark Zuckerberg has an estimated net worth of $71.5 billion as of 2019. Like many other tech billionaires, Mark’s takes $1 as annual salary. many business magazines has nmaed Mark among the top 10 richest person in the world and obviously, having such massive wealth, he was also ranked among the top 10 most powerful and influential people in the world.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mark Zuckerberg
- Mark Zuckerberg is a computer fanatic and developed Facebook along with his friends while pursing his degree (psychology and computer science) at Harvard.
- He was a programming freak, who started to code when he was at 12. He developed a instant messaging program called ZuckNet for his dentist father so that he could know when patients arrived.
- He created a MP3 player called Synapse, essentially an earlier version of Spotfy or Pandora, along with his friend Adam D’Angelo (Founder of Quora). Microsoft tried to acquire the tech, but Zuckerberg eventually turned down the offer and landed up at Harvard having acquired patent fro the tech.
- Several Multinational companies offered him jobs with immense salary, but he rejected and joined Harvard where he developed Facebook along with his friends.
- Facebook’s logo is blue because Zuckerberg has red-green color blindness.
- Mark Zuckerberg has a team of 12 members to manage his Facebook account.
- The movie ‘The Social Network’ is based on his life.
- Zuckerberg is vegetarian since 2011 and said he would only eat meat if he has hunted down the animal himself.
- His Hungarian Sheepdog ‘Beast’ has a Facebook page with more than 2 million likes. Obviously, his daughter Max is also a great fan of Beast. He once posted that her daughter’s first word was dog.
- In February 2004, he officially launched Facebook from his dormitory room. He and Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz moved out of Harvard and leased a small house in Palo Alto, which served as the first official headquarter of Facebook.
- He eventually reached a settlement with them and awarded them 1.2 million Facebook shares, which were worth $300 million at the time of Facebook’s IPO.
- In June 2010, the Pakistani Deputy Attorney General Muhammad Azhar Sidiqque started an investigation against Zuckerberg and other Facebook co-founders because of ‘Draw Muhammad’ contest held on Facebook. Pakistan also temporarily blocked Facebook until they took the contest down.
- In September 2010, it was revealed that he had made a donation of $100 million to Newark Public Schools. He was accused of using the donation for the promotion of his movie, The Social Network.
- In December 2010, he signed The Giving Pledge along with Bill Gates and Warren Buffett. As part of the pledge, he promised to donate at least half of his wealth during his lifetime.
- In December 2013, he announced that 18 million Facebook shares would be donated to the Silicon Valley Community Foundation by the end of the month. As per market valuation of that time, it amounted to about $990 million.
- In October 2014, he and his wife made a donation of $25 million to combat the ravage of the Ebola virus disease in West Africa.
- Zuck first met his wife Dr. Priscilla Chan (who were now couple and parents for two kids) in the queue for the bathroom at a fraternity party at Harvard.
- In 2016, he set a goal to run 365 miles during the course of the year, in order to stay fit. But, he met his goal midway through the summer indeed.