Kristin Kreuk is a Canadian actress. She became most known for her roles as Lana Lang in the superhero television series Smallville and as Catherine Chandler in The CW sci-fi series Beauty & the Beast. She has also starred in movies such as Snow White: The Fairest of Them All, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li and Irvine Welsh’s Ecstasy.
Kristin Laura Kreuk
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kristin Kreuk was born on December 30, 1982, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
She’s currently 36 years old.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
On her father’s side, she has Dutch ancestry, while on her mother’s side, she is of Chinese and Jamaican descent.
Kristin Kreuk went to the Eric Hamber High School. After she graduated from the high school, she had aimed to get enrolled at the Simon Fraser University to study psychology or forensic science but she had to cancel her plans as she got an opportunity to start her acting career.
- Father – Peter Kreuk (Landscape Architect)
- Mother – Deanna Che (Landscape Architect)
- Siblings – Justine Kreuk (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kristin Kreuk has dated –
- Jensen Ackles (2004-2006) – After her relationship with Mark Hildreth ended for the first time, it was reported that Kristin was going out with actor Jensen Ackles. It was claimed that they had grown fond of each other while shooting for the 4th season of the TV series, Smallville. This relationship is reported to have lasted a couple of years.
- Mark Hildreth (2004 and 2010-Present) – Kristin first met actor and musician Mark Hildreth in the early months of 2004. They started going soon after. But their relationship didn’t last long as they had separated by September 2004. It was claimed that they had found it hard to find time for their relationship in their busy schedule. The long distance also proved to be a problem. However, they got back together in 2010. In 2011, they had reportedly bought a house together in Los Angeles and started living together.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 52 kg
- In Pounds – 115 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Being cast in the role of Lana Lang in the popular superhero TV series, Smallville. Having played the role of Catherine Chandler in the sci-fi TV series, Beauty & the Beast from 2012 to 2016.
In 2004, Kristin made her theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, EuroTrip.
In 2001, Kristin Kreuk made her TV show debut in My Punky Valentine episode of the animated TV series, The Weekenders.
Kristin Kreuk has served as a spokes model for the beauty brand Neutrogena. As part of her endorsement contract, she was asked to headline global promotion campaign for the brand. After she renewed her contract for another two years in 2005, she became the longest serving spokes model for the brand at that time.
Awards & Nominations
|2002||Saturn Awards||Best Actress in a Television Series||Smallville||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Action||Nominated|
|2004||Saturn Awards||Best Actress in a Television Series||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Action||Nominated|
|2005||Leo Awards||Best Actress in Feature Length Drama||Earthsea||Nominated|
|Best Performance in Youth’s Series||Edgemont||Nominated|
|2006||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Action/Drama||Smallville||Nominated|
|Saturn Awards||Best Actress in a Television Series||Nominated|
|2008||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Action||Nominated|
|2013||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Fantasy/Sci-Fi||Beauty & the Beast||Nominated|
|2014||People’s Choice Awards||Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress||Won|
|2019||Canadian Screen Awards||Best Lead Actress, Drama Series||Burden of Truth||Nominated|
|2019||Rockie Awards||Canadian Award of Distinction||Burden of Truth, EuroTrip, Smallville||Won|
Kristin Kreuk Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Jodie Foster, Cate Blanchett
- Favorite TV Shows – Friends, Third Watch, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, ER
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
Kristin Kreuk Net worth
Kristin Kreuk has a estimated net worth of $7 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Kristin Kreuk
- Instagram – mskristinlkreuk
- Twitter – Kristin Kreuk
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kristin Kreuk
- While in high school, she used to participate in swimming, gymnastics and theatre.
- Kreuk trained in karate and gymnastics at the national level until high school but quit in grade 11 due to scoliosis.
- While growing up, she used to participate in the martial arts. In fact, she managed to earn a purple belt in Karate.
- The casting director of Edgemont had sent a fax to the schools in British Columbia asking for an exotic looking girl for the role of Laurel. Kristin was the last member to be cast in the TV series.
- In 2001, Kristin was the first member of the cast to be hired by the producers of the TV show, Smallville.
- In 2002, she was placed by FHM on the 10th spot in the list featuring 100 Sexiest Girls of 2002. She was placed on the 24th spot in the similar list in 2003.
- She has been involved in activism and charitable work for organizations and foundations such as Red Cross, Greenpeace and UNICEF.
- In 2009, Kreuk signed on for a multi-episode arc in season three of Chuck. She played Hannah, a computer troubleshooter who joins the Buy More Nerd Herd after being laid off from her previous job.
- In 2010, she portrayed Judah Ben-Hur’s sister Tirzah in the TV movie Ben Hur, which aired in Canada and later on ABC in the United States.
- In August 2017, Kreuk provided the voice for Princess Shuyan in Shuyan Saga, a graphic novel series set in an ancient Chinese martial arts fantasy universe. She also reprised her role as Catherine Chandler from Beauty & the Beast on Robot Chicken.
- In November 2017, Kreuk and her Smallville co-star Allison Mack were linked to a multi-level marketing organization known as NXIVM, which was founded by Keith Raniere.
- In 2018, Kreuk played the lead role in Burden of Truth, a CBC Television production in which she portrays a “big-city lawyer who takes on a case for a group of sick girls in her hometown”. The show premiered on January 10, 2018.
- In March 2018, following Raniere’s arrest, Kreuk disclosed on her Twitter account that she had joined NXIVM believing it was a “self-help” group but left in 2013, and was in minimal contact with any members of the group, nor had she witnessed any illegal or nefarious activities during her time in the group.