Keri Hilson is an American singer, songwriter, vocal arranger and actress. In 2006, Hilson signed with American rapper and producer Timbaland’s record label, Mosley Music. Her breakthrough came in 2007 after appearing on Timbaland’s single The Way I Are, which topped charts around the world. In 2012, Hilson made her acting debut in the romantic comedy film, Think Like a Man. Her achievements include a BET Award, MOBO Award, NAACP Image Award and two Soul Train Music Awards.
Keri Lynn Hilson
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
R&B, Hip Hop, Pop
Mosley Music Group, Zone 4, Interscope Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Keri Hilson was born on 5th of December 1982 in Decatur, Georgia, United States.
She’s currently 37 years old.
She has African and American ancestry.
Keri Hilson attended Oxford College at the Emory University in Atlanta. She had selected theater as her major. However, she didn’t graduate from the university as she had secured a record deal in her senior year.
- Father – He served in the US Army.
- Mother – She runs a Day care center.
- Siblings – Kaycee Hilson (Sister), Kelsee Hilson (Sister), Kelly Hilson (Sister), Kye Hilson (Sister), Kip Hilson (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Keri Hilson has dated –
- Lil Wayne (2008-2009) – According to rumors, Keri was dating rapper Lil Wayne in the second half of 2008. It was reported that they had grown close while working on the single, Turnin Me On. Then, in 2009, she served as the opening act for his I Am Music tour. They would constantly flirt on stage while performing and were happy to play up the romantic angle of their relationship, which led to suspicions that they were merely playing along to boost ticket sales.
- Soulja Boy (2009-2010) – Hilson started going out with American rapper Soulja Boy in 2009. It was claimed in the media that they grew fond of each other after she helped create a remix of his popular single, Turn My Swag On. Their relationship allegedly lasted for about a year.
- Trey Songz (2009-2010) – Towards the end of 2009, Keri started having an affair with singer and songwriter Trey Songz. Their two-month long affair caused quite a stir as Trey was in a relationship with Lauren London at that time. A couple of months before their affair, they had collaborated with Usher to create a remix of his single, I Invented S*x.
- Serge Ibaka (2012-2016) – Keri began dating NBA star Serge Ibaka in 2012. She would later reveal in an interview that she was so smitten with him that she broke her rule to not date rappers, athletes and ballers. After dating for nearly four years, she decided to end their relationship towards the last months of 2016. It was rumored that she had caught him cheating on her with multiple women.
- Ricardo Lockette (2017-Present) – Keri hooked up with former NFL player Ricardo Lockette in June 2017. Her new beau might have been something special as she broke her no athlete rule once again. Their relationship was made public with an Instagram post, which was later taken down but not before it was captured by The Shade Room and posted on their official Instagram account.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-37
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Having written songs for some of the most popular musical acts such as The Pussycat Dolls, Britney Spears and Mary J. Blige. Being a successful R&B singer, who has bagged multiple Grammy Award nominations. The popularity of her singles such as Knock You Down, Pretty Girl Rock and Turnin Me On.
Keri Hilson released her debut studio album, In a Perfect World…, on March 24, 2009. The album charted at number four on the Billboard 200, and number one on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. The album contained hit singles, Knock You Down, Turnin Me On and I Like. She received two Grammy Award nominations for Best New Artist and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for Knock You Down.
In 2012, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, Think Like a Man, playing the role of Heather. The film had a star-studded ensemble featuring Terrence J, Taraji P. Henson, Gabrielle Union and Kevin Hart.
In 2007, Keri Hilson made her first TV show appearance as herself in the romantic drama TV series, One Life to Live.
Keri Hilson has done endorsement work for the following brands.
Since 2009, there have been rumors that Wilson has had problems with singer, Beyonce due to a line in her remix to Turnin’ Me On. Although Hilson denied these claims members of Beyonce’s fanbase, known as the Beyhive, began to bully her on Twitter. As a result, in 2013, Hilson tweeted a plea for the bullying to stop.
Awards & Nominations
|Year||Nominee / Work||Award||Result|
|2007||“The Way I Are” (Timbaland featuring D.O.E. and Keri Hilson)||MTV Video Music Award for Monster Single of the Year||Nominated|
|2009||Herself||American Music Award for Favorite Female Soul/R&B Artist||Nominated|
|American Music Award for Breakthrough Artist||Nominated|
|BET Award for Best New Artist||Won|
|BET Award for Best Female R&B Artist||Nominated|
|“Turnin Me On” (with Lil Wayne)||BET Award for Viewer’s Choice||Nominated|
|BET Award for Best Collaboration||Nominated|
|In a Perfect World…||Urban Music Award for Best Album||Nominated|
|Herself||Urban Music Award for Best Female Act||Nominated|
|MOBO Award for Best International Act||Nominated|
|MOBO Award for Best R&B/Soul Act||Won|
|Soul Train Music Award for Best New Artist||Won|
|“Turnin Me On” (with Lil Wayne)||Soul Train Music Award for Song of the Year||Nominated|
|“Knock You Down” (with Kanye West and Ne-Yo)||Soul Train Music Award for Best Collaboration||Won|
|Soul Train Music Award for Record of the Year||Nominated|
|2010||Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration||Nominated|
|Herself||Grammy Award for Best New Artist||Nominated|
|NAACP Image Award for Outstanding New Artist||Won|
|“Got Your Back” (T.I. featuring Keri Hilson)||Soul Train Music Award for Best Hip-Hop Song||Nominated|
|2011||“Pretty Girl Rock”||BET Award for Video of the Year||Nominated|
|Herself||BET Award for Best Female R&B Artist||Nominated|
|Get Schooled Award||Won|
|“Pretty Girl Rock”||Soul Train Music Award for Best Dance Performance||Nominated|
Keri Hilson Favorites
- Favorite Beauty Icon – Jennifer Lopez
- Favorite Designer – Dolce & Gabbana
- Favorite Hairstyle Icons – Whitney Houston, Donna Summer, Diana Ross
- Favorite Footwear – Sneakers
- Favorite Skin Care Products – Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser, St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub, Olay Age Defying Classic Daily Renewal Cream
Keri Hilson Net worth
Keri Hilson has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Keri Hilson
- Instagram – kerihilson
- Twitter – Keri Hilson
- YouTube Channel – KeriHilsonVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Keri Hilson
- Hilson began her music career at the age of 14 when she signed a record deal with girl group D’Signe.
- She spent most of her teenage years as a songwriter and background vocalist working with musicians such as Usher, Ludacris, Kelly Rowland, Toni Braxton and Ciara.
- She worked with the songwriting and production team, The Clutch, where she co-wrote songs for Mary J. Blige’s Take Me as I Am and Britney Spears Gimme More.
- She has toured across most of the US, Europe and Australia.
- She is working on her third album, L.I.A.R, which is due for release.
- Her music is generally R&B, hip hop and pop.
- She made her singing debut with the single The Way I Are by Timbaland.
- She has an Arabic dialect tattoo on her forearm which translates to dream in color in English.
- She loves shopping and spends a lot of money on shades, watches, candles, clothes and bags.
- In 2008, Hilson appeared in the music videos for Usher’s single, Love in This Club and Ne-Yo’s single, Miss Independent.
- In 2010, she replaced Jennifer Hudson as the new face of the cosmetics and personal care products company, Avon.
- In January 2010, she collaborated with Akon to record the single, Oh Africa.The proceeds from the sales of the record were used to benefit the underprivileged African youth.
- That same year, she won the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding New Artist.
- In 2011, she was honoured with the Get Schooled Award for her philanthropic work in the field.
- In 2011, she got an Arabic dialect tattoo on her forearm while visiting Lebanon. The tattoo translates to dream in color in English.
- In June 2011, she was made the ambassador of MTV Staying Alive, a foundation that aims to raise awareness about the prevention of HIV and AIDS.
- In April 2012, Hilson worked with DoSomething.org to encourage young people to take part in the nationwide Epic Book Drive by bringing books to local people in need.
- In July 2017, Hilson was featured on Zambian singer Tiwah Hillz’s single Beautiful.