Lil Wayne is an American rapper, singer, record executive and actor. His career began in 1993, at the age of 11 when he was discovered by Bryan “Birdman” Williams and joined Cash Money Records as the youngest member of the label, and half of the duo The B.G.’z, alongside fellow New Orleans based rapper B.G.. In 1996, Lil Wayne and B.G. joined the southern hip hop group Hot Boys with Cash Money label mates Juvenile and Turk. Hot Boys debuted with Get It How U Live!, that same year. Most of the group’s success came with their platinum-selling album Guerrilla Warfare and the 1999 single “Bling Bling”. For many years, he was the flagship artist of Cash Money Records, before ending his long tenured deal with the company in June 2018.
Dwayne Michael Carter Jr.
Lil’ Weezy, Baby Jr., Weezy F. Baby, BM Jr., Birdman Jr., Tunechi
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Record Executive, Author, Entrepreneur
Young Money, Cash Money, Republic Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lil Wayne was born on the 27th of September 1982, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
He is currently 40 years old.
Wayne attended Lafayette Elementary School, Colorado. Wayne then studied at Eleanor McMain Magnet School, New Orleans, Los Angeles. But dropped out at the age of 14 to focus on his music career. Finally, he attended Marion Abramson Senior High School. He also enrolled himself in University of Houston in January 2005 but dropped out during the same year due to a conflicting schedule. Wayne also majored in psychology from the University of Phoenix by taking online courses.
- Father – Dwayne Michael Turner
- Mother – Jacida Carter (Chef)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Relatives – Rabbit (Stepfather) (Died)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lil Wayne has dated –
- Antonia Toya Carter (1996-2006) – Wayne married Antonia Toya Carter on Valentine’s Day of 2004. Lil Wayne met her in 1996 while Carter was in middle school. The couple also had a child (daughter) named, Reginae (b. 1998), i.e. when Wayne was 15. This was Wayne’s 1st child. Their relationship started in 1996 and went till 2006.
- Meagan Good (1998-2001) – Meagan’s first love, Lil met her in March 1998, when the two were doing a show in LA. They dated ON and OFF until March 2001.
- Lauren London (1998-2009) – Lauren and Wayne started dating in July 1998. Their relationship was a kind of ON again and OFF again relationship. The duo engaged on November 10, 2007, and separated in 2009. During these 3 years, they had a child (son) named, Cameron Carter (b. September 9, 2009). This was Wayne’s 3rd child.
- Nivea (2002-2010) – Wayne started dating singer Nivea in February 2002. On December 11, 2002, Lil engaged with her. The couple was planning to marry on March 9, 2004, however, Wayne called off the engagement in 2003 to engage Antonia Johnson. The duo started dating again in 2008. She also proposed to him shortly after, but he rejected. Later, in September 2008, Lil Wayne proposed her and she readily accepted it. He was able to have another child (his 4th child) named, Neal (b. November 30, 2009). Wayne’s 2nd child was Dwayne III (b. October 22, 2008 at Christ Hospital in Cincinnati). They separated in March 2010.
- Trina (2005-2007, 2012) – The rappers Trina and Wayne dated ON and OFF from May 2005 to May 2012. The couple were engaged in 2005 and also expecting a baby in 2006, but Trina miscarried it. They separated in September 2006, then got back together for a couple of months in 2007 and finally dated very briefly in 2012.
- Sarah Bellew (2005-2009) – Wayne started dating Vietnamese radio personality, Sarah Bellew in July 2005, after meeting at one of his concerts. She gave birth to Lil Wayne’s second child, Dwayne Michael Carter on October 22, 2008. The couple engaged in July 2009. They finally called it quits in December 2009.
- Solange Knowles (2006-2008) – Singer Solange Knowles and Wayne dated from July 2006 to August 2008.
- Karrine Steffans (2008-2013) – Lil started dating a writer, Karrine in early 2008 and continued dating her till December 2013.
- Dhea Sodano (2011-Present) – Wayne met Italian personality Dhea Sodano on February 19, 2011, at a Phoenix club in Arizona after his concert. They started dating each other and got engaged on February 14, 2012 (Valentine’s Day).
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 41-13-34
- Chest – 41 inches
- Biceps – 13 inches
- Waist – 34 inches
He wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Rapping and singing hits like Lollipop.
In 2000, action and comedy film, Baller Blockin for his role as Iceberg Shorty.
In 1999, album called Tha Black is Hot, which went platinum selling over 1 million copies just in USA. His debut rock album is Rebirth released in 2010, which eventually went gold.
Access Granted, which is an American TV Series that features an in depth look at the planning and production of R&B and Hip-Hop music videos. Lil Wayne appeared in this 30 minute show.
Wayne’s major brand endorsement is Bogey Blunts in 2010. Bogey Blunts make cigars and for this, they need to hire Lil Wayne.
Lil Wayne Net worth
Lil Wayne’s net worth is estimated to be $170 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lil Wayne
- Wayne wrote his first rap song at eight.
- Lil Wayne’s mother, a chef, was 19 when Wayne was born.
- At age 13, Wayne accidentally shot himself with a 9 mm handgun and the off-duty police officer Robert Hoobler drove him to the hospital.
- His favorite sport used to be tennis.
- Wayne owns a Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722, which is perhaps his favorite car. It is not known if he still owns the same car or not.
- He refers rapper Brian Williams (or Birdman / Baby) as his Pa.
- He was once a member of the group Hot Boys.
- In February 19, 2008, Lil Wayne and Cortez Bryant revisited their alma mater McMain Secondary School to get students to design an invitation to the gala introducing Lil Wayne’s nonprofit One Family Foundation.
- Wayne’s second album I Am Not A Human Being was released in September 2010, when he was in jail after he was found guilty of possessing a weapon and smoking marijuana.
- In March 2011, producer Deezle (Darius Harrison) sued Wayne and his parent labels Cash Money Records over unpaid royalties from Tha Carter III.
- In May 2011, producer Bangladesh also filed a lawsuit against Weezy & Co. over unpaid royalties as well.
- In October 2011, it was reported that Lil Wayne was working on sequels to I Am Not a Human Being and Rebirth.
- In January 2012, Birdman announced that he and Wayne had finished recording Like Father, Like Son 2.
- In October 2016, his prison memoir was released Gone Til’ November: A Journal of Rikers Island via Plume Books (part of Penguin Books).
- In September 2016, in regards to his contract dispute with Cash Money he indicated a possible retirement on Twitter saying “I AM NOW DEFENSELESS and mentally DEFEATED” and then said, “I leave gracefully and thankful I luh my fanz but I’m done.” Many rappers responded with respect and encouragement.
- In 2018, Lil Wayne became the first artist in the history of Billboard to have his 2 songs in the Billboard’s Hot 100’s top 5 list simultaneously. Those two songs were Mona Lisa featuring Kendrick Lamar and Don’t Cry featuring XXXTentacion.
- Lil Wayne’s 12th studio album Tha Carter V was kept on hold multiple times. It was finally released in September 2018 which peaked at #1 on Billboard 200.