Kendrick Lamar is an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer. He is often cited as one of the most influential rappers of his generation. Aside from his solo career, he is also a member of the hip hop supergroup Black Hippy alongside his former Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE) labelmates Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, and Schoolboy Q. Lamar has released many albums and songs like To Pimp a Butterfly, Damn, Section.80, Backseat Freestyle, The Blacker the Berry, King Kunta, These Walls (ft. Bilal, Anna Wise, and Thundercat), Loyalty (featuring Rihanna), Pray for Me (with The Weeknd), Untitled 07 | levitate, and Good Kid, M.A.A.D City.
Kendrick Lamar Duckworth
K-Dot, Kung-fu Kenny, King Kendrick, King Kunta, K-Dizzle, Kendrick Llama, K. Montana
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
Hip Hop, Rap, Progressive Rap, Jazz Rap
Top Dawg Entertainment, Aftermath (Dr. Dre’s label), Interscope Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kendrick Lamar was born on 17th of June 1987, in Compton, California, United States.
He’s currently 35 years old.
He is of African-American descent.
Lamar attended McNair Elementary and Vanguard Learning Center in the Compton Unified School District. He has admitted to being quiet and shy in school, his mother even confirming he was a “loner” until the age of seven. As a teenager, he graduated from Centennial High School in Compton, where he was a straight-A student.
- Father – Kenny Duckworth
- Mother – Paula Oliver
- Siblings – He has 5 siblings including a younger brother.
- Relatives – Nick Young (Cousin) (Professional Basketball Player), Baby Keem (Cousin) (Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kendrick Lamar has dated –
- Whitney Alford (2015-Presents) – Kendrick has been in a relationship with his high school girlfriend Whitney Alford, a beautician. The couple was seen at Grammy’s 2014 and they got engaged in April 2015. They welcomed a daughter in July 2019. In May 2022, Kendrick seemingly revealed that he and Whitney had welcomed their 2nd child together after he unveiled the cover for his album Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers, where she was seen holding a newborn baby.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
Kendrick is often cited as one of the most influential rappers of his generation. Aside from his solo career, he is also a member of the hip hop supergroup Black Hippy alongside his former Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE) labelmates Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, and Schoolboy Q.
On July 2, 2011, Lamar released his debut album Section.80 via Top Dawg Entertainment. It was released exclusively through iTunes Store. It charted at #113 on US Billboard 200, #21 in US R&B Albums, and #13 in US Rap Albums. Lamar was able to sell 130,000 copies of the album in the United States.
In 2011, Kendrick landed his first guest role in television shows like RapFix Live. In July 2018, Lamar made his acting debut in the fifth season of the Starz drama series Power, portraying a Dominican drug addict named Laces.
In December 2014, Kendrick partnered with sportswear brand Reebok. In 2017, it was announced that Lamar entered a collaboration deal with Nike.
Kendrick Lamar Favorite Things
- Favorite Actor – Will Smith
- Favorite Actress – Scarlett Johansson
- Favorite Rappers – Jay-Z, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Eminem, Snoop Dogg
Kendrick Lamar Net worth
Kendrick Lamar has an estimated net worth of $75 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profile
- Facebook – Kendrick Lamar
- Instagram – kendricklamar
- Twitter – Kendrick Lamar
- YouTube Channel – Kendrick Lamar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kendrick Lamar
- In 2003, at the age of 16, Lamar released his first full-length project, a mixtape titled Youngest Head Nigga in Charge (Hub City Threat: Minor of the Year), under the pseudonym K.Dot.
- In 2008, Lamar appeared in a music video for Jay Rock’s “All My Life (in the Ghetto),” featuring rapper Lil Wayne.
- On September 14, 2010, he released the visuals for “P&P 1.5”, a song taken from his mixtape, Overly Dedicated, featuring his Black Hippy cohort Ab-Soul.
- In 2013, he appeared in the music video of Eminem‘s Berzerk, and The Lonely Island’s Yolo.
- In November 2013, he was named GQ‘s “Rapper of the Year,” and was featured on the cover of the magazine’s “Men of the Year” issue.
- In 2015, Billboard named him “The 10 Greatest Rappers of All-Time” .
- In 2015, he received the California State Senate’s Generational Icon Award.
- On May 17, 2015, Lamar featured on the official remix of American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift‘s song “Bad Blood”, as well as appearing in the music video.
- In 2016, he was featured on the Time 100 list of most influential people in the world for the first time.
- On March 4, 2016, Lamar released a compilation album Untitled Unmastered, containing eight untitled tracks, each dated.
- In May 2022, Kendrick released his new album titled Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers.
- In May 2022, Kendrick released the music video of his new song titled The Heart Part 5.
- In May 2022, Lamar visited Ghana for the shoot of a documentary series in the country. He came ahead of the release of his album Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers.
- Visit his official website @ kendricklamar.com.