Taylor Swift is an American singer-songwriter. She signed with the label Big Machine Records and became the youngest artist ever signed by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house. Her 2006 self-titled debut album peaked at number five on the Billboard 200 and spent the most weeks on the chart in the 2000s. Buoyed by the success of pop crossover singles “Love Story” and “You Belong with Me”, Fearless became the best-selling album of 2009 in the US. The album won four Grammy Awards, with Swift becoming the youngest Album of the Year winner.
Taylor Alison Swift
Swifty, Aly, Tails, T, Tayter Tot, TayTay, T-Swift, The Poet Laureate of Puberty, T-Fugly, T-Swizzle, Tay
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
Country, Pop Rock, Pop, Country Pop
Vocals, Guitars, Piano, Ukulele
Birthday / Date of Birth
Taylor Swift was born on December 13, 1989 in Reading, Pennsylvania, United States.
She is currently 29 years old.
Taylor attended preschool and kindergarten at the Alvernia Montessori School and then went to The Wyndcroft School. Her family moved to Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, where she attended Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School. Swift also attended Hendersonville High School in Tennessee, USA for freshman and sophomore years. She completed her diploma in 2008.
- Father – Scott Kingsley Swift (Merrill Lynch financial adviser)
- Mother – Andrea Finlay
- Siblings – Austin Swift (Brother)
Swift is signed with these agencies, WME Talent Agency, Richard De La Font Agency & World Entertainment Talent Agency.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taylor Swift has dated –
- Joe Jonas (July 2008 – October 2008) –Taylor and Joe dated briefly in 2008. Taylor wrote a song about their relationship, “Forever & Always”, “Last Kiss” and “Better Than Revenge”. Joe broke up with her over the phone in late 2008.
- Lucas Till (2009) – Actor Lucas Till started dating Swift in 2009. The two first met on the set of 2009 movie, Hannah Montana: The Movie. Lucas, who is younger than Swift, is also present in the music video of Swift’s song “You Belong With Me”. However, they parted ways soon after.
- Taylor Lautner (2009) – On the set of 2010 movie Valentine’s Day, the two Taylors met each other in September 2009 and started dating. After dating briefly, they separated in December 2009. Swift also wrote two songs dedicated to Lautner, viz. “Back to December” and “Begin Again”.
- Cory Monteith (2010) – Swift was rumored to have had a fling with Canadian actor Cory Monteith in January 2010.
- John Mayer (2010) – After meeting at Grammy Awards 2009, the singers became an item for more than a month from July to August 2010. She wrote a song “Dear John” about him.
- Toby Hemingway (2010) – After separating from John Mayer, she dated English actor Toby for a couple of months until October 2010. They met during the filming of Swift’s music video “Mine”.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2010) – Soon after, she dated actor Gyllenhaal for a couple of months until December 2010. He is roughly 9 years older than her.
- Conor Kennedy (May 2012 – September 2012) – American socialite, who is 4 and a half years younger to Swift, dated from May to September 2012.
- Harry Styles (November 2012 – 2013) – Both the singers started dating in mid-November 2012. He is also 4 years younger than Swift. The duo ended their relationship on January 5, 2013.
- Matthew Gray Gubler (2013) – Actor, model and artist Matthew Gray Gubler was RUMORed to be dating Swift when he was seen in her kitchen on the occasion of 4th of July.
- Evan Spiegel (2013-2014) – Entrepreneur and Snapchat co-founder, Evan Spiegel started dating Taylor in December 2013 after meeting her at a holiday party. But, the relationship came to an end after a couple of months as Evan wanted some space and was very much committed to Snapchat.
- Brenton Thwaites (2014) – Australian actor, Brenton Thwaites was RUMORed to be dating Taylor in 2014 after they appeared together in the movie The Giver.
- Calvin Harris (2015-2016) – In March 2015, Taylor started dating Scottish Disc Jockey, Calvin Harris. They decided to split after spending 15 months together on May 29, 2016. It was confirmed by People.
- Tom Hiddleston (2016) – From June 2016 to September 2016, she dated British actor, Tom Hiddleston.
- Joe Alwyn (2016-Present) – In May 2017, Taylor Swift publicly started dating British actor, Joe Alwyn. She was introduced to Joe by actress Emma Stone (some sources said that Gigi Hadid served as the matchmaker). It was claimed that they had been dating secretly months before the relationship went public.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-33
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Taylor released her first self-titled album on October 24, 2006. The album topped the Billboard 200 chart for several weeks. With the album’s third single, Our Song, she became the youngest person to single-handedly write and perform a number-one song on the Hot Country Songs chart.
She made her first onscreen debut in 2009 film Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience in cameo role as herself.
Concert Tour Debut
After her second studio album release “Fearless” in 2008 Taylor Swift went on her debut concert tour in the same name in 2009 and 2010 in order to support the album. Many top singers like Justin Bieber, Kellie Pickler, Gloriana, John Mayer, Katy Perry and Faith Hill joined with her making more than $60 million from 89 reported shows.
Taylor Swift has been affiliated with numerous world’s renowned brands including but not limited to Elizabeth Arden (2011), Jakks Pacific (2008), L.E.I. jeans (2008), Wal-Mart (2007), Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Music Campaign (2007), American Greetings, Inc, Target, CoverGirl, Sony and Got Milk?
- Taylor was named Time’s annual list of the “100 Most Influential People” twice in 2010 and 2015.
- She appeared in the top three of Forbes’ “Top Earning Woman in Music” straight for five years from 2011.
- She ranked #64 on Forbes’ list of the “100 Most Powerful Women” in 2015, making her the youngest woman ever to be included in the list.
- Taylor with earnings of $170 million in 2016 topped Forbes’ list of the “100 Highest-paid Celebrities”.
- In 2015, she was placed at #1 spot on Maxim’s Hot 100 list.
- She has written a novel of 350 pages at the age of 12, but doesn’t has any plan to publish it anytime soon.
Cars & Bikes
Swift’s craze for expensive cars is evident with the likes of the exotic cars she owns. This beautiful young singer was spotted driving around in her Audi R8, Mercedes Benz Viano, Porsche 911 Turbo, Toyota Sequoia, and Chevy Silverado.
- One of the greatest country singers from America owns a several luxurious mansions, including a her lavish Tudor style Nashville home, Beverley Hills Home, Nashville Mansion and Cape Code Beach Town.
- The 4,929 square feet Nashville luxury pad is located in the Whitland Neighborhood, Nashville, U.S. The house features 4 full bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, and huge kitchen, along with other amenities that include a library, wood burning fireplace, and a bright and breezy outdoor entertainment area.
- Taylor bought this 2,826 square foot Cape Cod style Beverly Hills mansion for $3.7 million which boasts 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a tennis court, a large pool and other luxurious amenities.
- Swift bought this historic 5,600 square-feet Nashville mansion for $2.5 million which features 4 full bedrooms and four and half bathrooms along with numerous living rooms, a newly remodeled kitchen and spacious grounds including a full size swimming pool.
- Her Cape Cod Beach home boasts seven master bedrooms, six bathrooms, a spacious decorated living room and a private beach. This 4,440 square-feet house spreads around on a 1.11 acre land that offers wide angled beach views.
Taylor Swift Favorites
- Favorite Food – Cheesecake, Chinese, Japanese
- Favorite TV Shows– CSI (2000), Law and Order (1990-2010)
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Bands – Dixie Chicks, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Leann Rimes, Shania Twain, One Direction
- Favorite Book – To Kill a Mockingbird, The Hunger Games
- Favorite Actress – Gwyneth Paltrow
- Favorite Movies – Love Actually (2003), Legally Blonde (2001)
- Favorite Hobby – Writing, Water-skiing, Partying, Travelling
- Favorite Season – Summer
- Favorite Sports – Football, Volleyball
- Favorite Perfume – Wonderstruck, Escada Moon Sparkle, Perfumes by Gwen Stefani and Lollia
- Favorite Song – What Makes You Beautiful (One Direction)
- Favorite Place – Kansas and Australia
- Favorite Meal – Breakfast at Cracker Barrel
- Favorite Celebrity – Ellen DeGeneres
- Favorite Musicians – Katy Perry, Tom Petty, Keith Urban, John Mayer
Taylor Swift Net worth
Taylor Swift net worth is estimated to be $285 million dollars as of 2019. Being one of the highest-paid singers and the most influential person on the planet, Swift is not only country singer but expands her portfolio to acting, instrumentalist and songwriter, which enhances her net worth. Last year, she made $170 million out of singing, acting and endorsement deals. Swift is one of the best selling recording artist of all since her inception into the music world. The singer has raked in millions of dollars from international concert tours. She has surpassed several records at her young age in entertainment and obviously, Swift is one of the wealthiest celebrity in the music arena.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Taylor Swift
- Taylor Swift is one of the most popular contemporary country artists from the likes of America. She is a singer, songwriter actress and the wealthiest pop start in the modern pop culture.
- As a budding artist, Swift has worked with top songwriters in the arena such as Brett Beavers, Mac McAnally and Liz Rose
- She became the youngest ever artist to win the Grammy Award for ‘Album of the Year’ – Fearless. She received awards for ‘Best Country Album’, ‘Best Country Song’, and ‘Best Female Country Vocal Performance’.
- As a songwriter, Swift has received awards from the Nashville Songwriters Association and the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and was included in Rolling Stone’s 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time in 2015.
- Taylor Swift has won 10 Grammy Awards, 5 Guinness World Records, one Emmy Award, 21 Billboard Music Awards, 11 Country Music Association Awards, 8 Academy of Country Music Awards, 1 Emmy Award, 19 American Music Awards and one Brit Award.
- One of the best selling artists in the world, Swift has sold more than 40 millions albums.
- Her ‘1989 World tour’ grossed over 250 million dollars, which is her highest collection.
- Swift is a feminist.
- Taylor Swift is best recognized for her philanthropic works and has donated millions of dollars for various causes, mainly for AIDS, Cancer and Children related charities.
- In 2011, she was named as an Icon of American Style by Vogue.
- Her personal life is always subject to tabloids space because she has been romantically linked with many high-profile celebrities.
- Being considers as “America’s Sweetheart”, Swift use to wow her fans by sending holiday gifts and sometimes, she used to deliver it personally.
- This young singing sensation is an inspiration to several young aspiring artists.
- When Forbes mentioned her in their “100 most powerful women” list in 2015, Taylor Swift became the youngest woman ever to be included in the list. She was placed at #64.
- Media has given her the term “America’s Sweetheart”.
- In 2015, Apple had decided not to pay royalties to the artists for the songs played during the trial of their new music-streaming service. Taylor threatened Apple that she would take back her album titled 1989 from their service. Within 24 hours, Apple changed their mind.
- During the 2018 American Music Awards, Taylor had brought her pregnant friend Claire Winter as her date. After Taylor won an award at the 2018 AMA, she also gave a shout-out to her pregnant friend.
- After winning 4 awards in 2018 AMAs, she became the first female artist for most AMA wins. Taylor’s total AMA awards tally had reached 23 bypassing the previous record holder, Whitney Houston.
- Taylor Swift (@taylorswift) is the Ninth Most Followed user on Instagram (112 million followers).
- Visit her official website @ taylorswift.com.