Keiko Kitagawa is a Japanese actress and former model. She was an exclusive model for the Japanese Seventeen magazine from late 2003 to mid-2006 and quit modeling when she left the magazine. Her first acting role was Sailor Mars in the Sailor Moon live action show Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon and after her role in the film Mamiya Kyōdai, she left modeling to concentrate on acting. She has appeared in several films, including The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift and Handsome Suit and has played leading roles in the TV Dramas Mop Girl, Homeroom on the Beachside, Buzzer Beat, Lady Saigo no Hanzai Profile and Akumu-chan.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Keiko Kitagawa was born on August 22, 1986 in Kobe, Japan.
She’s currently 32 years old.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Keiko Kitagawa got enrolled at the Meiji University in Tokyo and graduated in March 2009 with a degree in commercial science.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
Keiko Kitagawa is represented by Tokyo-based Stardust Promotion.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Keiko Kitagawa has dated –
- Yu Shirota (2008) – In the early months of 2008, Keiko was reported to be going out with actor Yu Shirota. These rumors became more urgent in April 2008 after a picture of them hanging out was published by the Japanese tabloids.
- Jin Akanishi (2008) – Throughout 2008, Keiko was linked with musician Jin Akanishi. It was also reported that her alleged relationship with Yu Shirota had led to their breakup. However, by the end of summer, their dating rumors surfaced once again.
- Daigo (2016-Present) – The reports of Keiko and musician Daigo started circulating by the end of 2015. They tied the knot on January 11, 2016, in a lavish wedding ceremony held at Grand Prince Hotel Shin-Takanawa with more than 500 guests in attendance.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 47 kg
- In Pounds – 104 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
He wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Being cast in an important role in the commercially successful action movie, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Having played the role of Yumi Honma in the Japanese comedy movie, Mamiya kyodai. Being cast in the lead role in the drama movie, Dear Friends.
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Mamiya kyodai.
In 2003, Keiko Kitagawa made her first TV show appearance in the Japanese teen drama show, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.
Keiko Kitagawa has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- SALA hair care products
- Asahi beer
- Petite figure
- Cute smile
Keiko Kitagawa Awards
- 2008: 55th The Television Drama Academy Awards: Special Award
- 2015: 39th Elan d’or Awards: Newcomer of the Year
Keiko Kitagawa Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Keira Knightley
- Favorite Japanese Artists – BoA, Ayu-chan
- Favorite Colors – White, Black, Grey
- Favorite Place To Shop – Mitsukoshi Department Store
- Favorite Parts Of Her Face – Eyebrows and Nose
- Favorite Food – Meat
Keiko Kitagawa Net Worth
Keiko Kitagawa net worth is estimated to be $17 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
She doesn’t have any official social media account.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Keiko Kitagawa
- She got her first big breakthrough in acting after she was cast in the role of Sailor Mars in the live action TV series, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.
- While growing up, she aspired to become a doctor. However, by the time she reached high school, she had slightly lost sight of her ambition and wasn’t certain about her career choice.
- While she was in high school, she was scouted by a local talent agency, which opened a way to the modeling world.
- Initially, her parents were reluctant to allow her to get in modeling and entertainment industry. They had given her a conditional consent and asked her not to compromise on her studies and quit if she didn’t make any progress within a year.
- In 2003, she entered a beauty pageant held by Japanese Seventeen and managed to win the crown of Miss Seventeen 2003, which helped her get a modeling contract from the magazine.
- She worked with Seventeen magazine on a full-time basis till 2006 and she even had her exclusive feature known as Keiko’s Beauty Honey in the magazine.
- To make sure that she gave her best in the American movie The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, she got enrolled in an English class.
- In 2006, she launched her first blog, which was eventually deleted in July 2007. She started her new blog in May 2008.
- In her free time, she likes to read books and head out for swimming.
- She doesn’t have any official social media account.